Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It did look like he was holding an RPG.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can you decide in the field which of these two items this is?
a:

b:
Old 09-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure where you got that meme from but it's not from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EzLmDwQYx0

In case you have a short attention span the journalists get killed within the first 2 and a half minutes.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Nice try though.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In case you have a short attention span the journalists get killed within the first 2 and a half minutes.
told the motheerfucker get a new job
Old 09-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bullshit look at :58 seconds.

You can see the RPG there, he then lugs it to the side of the building. AN RPG-7 with a few loads is 15lbs with 6lbs each reload.

You can also see at 1:05 a guy ducking around a corner, right before they report shots fired.
"If someone points a gun at you, you call the police. If a bunch of guys are pointing guns at you, you call SWAT. If they're in spandex and pointing a super laser at you, you call OSI. And if they're dressed regular and pointing a super laser at your daughter, that's when you call SPHINX. (SPHINX!)"
Formerly of Morell Thule and Test Server
Old 09-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bullshit look at :58 seconds.

You can see the RPG there, he then lugs it to the side of the building. AN RPG-7 with a few loads is 15lbs with 6lbs each reload.

You can also see at 1:05 a guy ducking around a corner, right before they report shots fired.
I took another look at the original footage. The guy in your screenshot is not one of the journalists, nor is he walking with them.
The helicopter circles around the building and ends up blowing away the journalists instead of the people in the yard.

You can clearly see the journalists walking right pasts the people in the picture you posted. The gunner ends up following the wrong people with his gun.
Just move the bar back and forth between the 30 second and 2 minute mark and you will see what I'm talking about.

I can't be 100% certain about this but no where in the footage do you even see the guy you are referring to being fired upon. Is it an RPG? Possibly... Is he with the 2 camera guys? No.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

At 0:46 the gunner moves his sites off the camera man on to the guys you have in your picture.
He keeps an on these guys for a good while.
At 1:14 the gunner completely loses site of the guy in your picture.
At 1:16 He has his sites on one of the guys next to him.
At 1:20 he moves his target over to the corner. At this point he has switched his target to one of the 2 camera men that were heading in that direction.

Looks like the gunner got distracted by the helicopter circling the building or something because he definitely switches targets 3 times in those 30 seconds.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I took another look at the original footage. The guy in your screenshot is not one of the journalists, nor is he walking with them.
The helicopter circles around the building and ends up blowing away the journalists instead of the people in the yard.

You can clearly see the journalists walking right pasts the people in the picture you posted. The gunner ends up following the wrong people with his gun.
Just move the bar back and forth between the 30 second and 2 minute mark and you will see what I'm talking about.

I can't be 100% certain about this but no where in the footage do you even see the guy you are referring to being fired upon. Is it an RPG? Possibly... Is he with the 2 camera guys? No.
Is the guy they are claiming to be a journalist with a guy who looked like he was carrying an RPG? Yes. I looked again and this sticks.

How many excuses are you going to make?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hey that guy has an RPG.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Its ok he isnt with us!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]OK stand aside so I can shoot him with my gatling gun.

Larry Niven's Law #1
(a) Never throw shit at an armed man.
(b) Never stand next to someone who is throwing shit at an armed man.
"If someone points a gun at you, you call the police. If a bunch of guys are pointing guns at you, you call SWAT. If they're in spandex and pointing a super laser at you, you call OSI. And if they're dressed regular and pointing a super laser at your daughter, that's when you call SPHINX. (SPHINX!)"
Formerly of Morell Thule and Test Server
Old 09-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Uh, in the wikileaks video a whole bunch of children were massacred too weren't they? I seem to remember the guy in the cockpit recording saying something like "it's their fault for bringing their kids into this", referring to some children who were inadvertently killed too. I'm not saying there can never be an argument in favor of attacking hostile targets that use civilians as human shields, but rather that this is what we should be talking about, and not the unresolvable question of whether some dude was carrying a camera or a gun. For the record I find it extremely hard to believe that a reuters journalist was carrying a weapon with the intent to use it.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh, in the wikileaks video a whole bunch of children were massacred too weren't they? I seem to remember the guy in the cockpit recording saying something like "it's their fault for bringing their kids into this", referring to some children who were inadvertently killed too. I'm not saying there can never be an argument in favor of attacking hostile targets that use civilians as human shields, but rather that this is what we should be talking about, and not the unresolvable question of whether some dude was carrying a camera or a gun. For the record I find it extremely hard to believe that a reuters journalist was carrying a weapon with the intent to use it.
lazor fuck off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread