Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Precisely my point. Trash is down, trackers will do what they do.
SOE had a solution for this too. Guilds still have to work to re clear stuff at least. Be active, ect.

If Fear was clear and CT spawned, the entire zone would instantly repopulate.

Wouldn't that make it interesting. Wouldn't that keep people on their toes. Like I said, you guys claim you want competition, yet you still want to rely on things that cut out the competition and make it a camping game. Easy tracking of raid mobs, especially in the planes, make this a camping game. People just hanging out waiting for the spawns. No real danger involved.

Roaming mobs at the entrance to hateplane would be awesome

Fear completely respawning when CT spawned, regardless how many mobs were up or down. Instant Fear re pop. Put some danger back in the planes instead of the picnic it currently is.

There are many ideas out there to shake things up. Personally if you guys really want a "race to the mob" game it could be done, but it would require a radical raid ruleset that would require an honor system on each guild's part to follow it. Won't happen though.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starklen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You agroed clerics that cast AOEs and placed them right on top of me which resulted in my death. Are you seriously still in denial about that?
You're freaking retarded.

And a horrible fucking liar.

I watched you idiots wipe your guild. Stop being such a pussy. Be a man and admit your fucking mistakes. Don't lie like a little punk and try to pass shit off on other people. You, Vittra, Gwence, and a few others pulled shit. Someone got feared. Chain aggro from bard song. More mobs INC = dead IB. Learn the game mechanics.

Don't make me bust out the SS where your officers admit Vittra was pulling and somehow somebody "planted" mobs on the East wall to try and justify you nooblets wiping out your entire guild. I find it embarrassing that you would lie to your officers and a GM like that to cover your ass.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SOE had a solution for this too. Guilds still have to work to re clear stuff at least. Be active, ect.
Full respawns on Fear with CT like in classic? Yeah, it'd suck to break, but after he's dead it'd just be time to deploy the trackers again. I doubt you'd see much change, other than a break and the extra trash clearing.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna guess you missed the part where that was explicitly mentioned.
Oh wait, let me find that for you since you apparently DID miss it the first time.
So just because you let us know that your post is bullshit means that we shouldn't consider it bullshit?

Just saying, your math is stupid and means nothing. Absolutely nothing. The fact that you actually used it as anything but a joke is laughable.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 06-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody gives a fuck what Akame and Dumesh did 10 years ago. Every mfker here has been in a top end raiding guild. The best of the best. You have people from DROW, FOH, Triton, ect. in both DA and IB. You haven't done jack shit here anyways so your opinion is worthless. Do me a favor. Compete with the current guilds. Lead a raid force and rattle the cage a little bit. Use some strategy and tactics. Clear all the trash and engage Vox within 30 minutes and win with 2 guilds breathing down your neck. Kill the drakes on tier 2 in Hate and engage Innoruuk in 20 minutes. Do a WW break in Fear and then clear, buff, pull, and kill Draco in 30 minutes. Then you can come back here and pretend like you know wtf you are talking about.
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about dude.

Besides not having a shot at Inny yet, we have done everything on your list. Most of it before your guild even existed. You're not special, you're not leet.

I wonder if you're even an original member of your guild. If not then you are just riding on the coattails of what the people that came before you accomplished.

The accomplishment or recruiting all the people that are the most obsessed with the game into a single guild really doesn't say much of anything other than that. The content here isn't difficult, anyone who tells you otherwise is doing something wrong. It all comes down to how much time you want to spend on one thing versus another.

I don't care what you do man, but when you start bashing other guilds with some misguided sense of superiority I'm going to call you out on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to get off topic.

In any case this is the OP's idea and has nothing to do with what others in the guild want to see happen on the server. I for one see much merit in his ideas but then I again, I'm not an officer either. Stay on topic or GTFO.

I would like to hear more about the full repop of Fear and Hate. I'm pretty sure Fear used to repop in full when CT spawned on live but I don't know what era this was happening in. Was it Classic or post revamp?

Also, I don't remember Hate being too easy to zone into either on Live but that came after some changes. Was the zone in always a spot that you could just chill at for days on end without aggroing anything?
Last edited by guineapig; 06-29-2010 at 04:14 PM..
Old 06-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that you actually used it as anything but a joke is laughable.
When mentioned, the new proposed variance would have been +/- 6 hours, rather than the flat +6 as was later amended.

In total that is 12 hours of variance per week, per target.

Since you got your panties in a bunch over the overlap, lets give it a base value of 1.42 with 168 hours in a week vs 72 hours of potential variance.

Variance included it clocks in at 41.76 hours. That's a smidge under 25% of the total hours in the week. If you assume that the current state of camping is 100% of the time due with the pre-existing variances, thats still 75%.
But wait, you stated the person's playing time, not the total hours in a week, so the actual value I've given of 168 hours is too high. This means that the actual percentage is going to be 75% time camped at best. Less than 25% of the time you'll be able to 'play' your character...

What was your line again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue is not being able to play 85% of the time because you have to be the first 15 in a zone to claim a boss.
Weren't you the one giving _me_ shit for pulling numbers out of the air?

Your claim on current situation: 85% of time not able to play.
Proposed situation with +/- 6 hours: >75% of time not able to play.

Less than 10%. Oh god, I am so glad I can play my character so much more than before!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Asta, when you do your bs math you actually think its scientific and is productive to the conversation.

I pulled a number out of my ass which is probably less than reality(probably spend more than 85% of my in game time camping bosses), and I'm not trying to claim my math proves or disproves anything. If you actually think this proposal would only give us 10% more play time away from camping bosses, may God help you.

45 Iksar Monk

Last edited by girth; 06-29-2010 at 06:03 PM..
Old 06-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

I got some 'math' for you as well.

+/- 48
+/- 6

See the difference? Apparently not.

Even with the current system, anything over +/- 12 hours is kinda stupid.

45 Iksar Monk

Last edited by girth; 06-29-2010 at 06:05 PM..
Old 06-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
You're freaking retarded.

And a horrible fucking liar.

I watched you idiots wipe your guild. Stop being such a pussy. Be a man and admit your fucking mistakes. Don't lie like a little punk and try to pass shit off on other people. You, Vittra, Gwence, and a few others pulled shit. Someone got feared. Chain aggro from bard song. More mobs INC = dead IB. Learn the game mechanics.

Don't make me bust out the SS where your officers admit Vittra was pulling and somehow somebody "planted" mobs on the East wall to try and justify you nooblets wiping out your entire guild. I find it embarrassing that you would lie to your officers and a GM like that to cover your ass.
Please watch your trains so you don't kill people who are FD. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I got some 'math' for you as well.

+/- 48
+/- 6

See the difference? Apparently not.
Fun fact. You can't camp for more than 100% of the time you play.

See how +/- 48 hours would exceed 100% and therefore be impossible? Apparently not.

The only reason math was ever brought into this was the number you admit you pulled out of your ass.

Remind me again of how anything you "pull out of your ass" is productive to the conversation?
Closed Thread