Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-17-2024, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

bUt muH MiN mAX !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 01-17-2024, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not every thread has to be a holy war for your one thing.
Not every threads needs to be trolled by nonsense posting like this. I am im no holy war, nor did I start this topic in this thread. You don't read theads and make false assumptions. Please stop making up nonsense like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To date, the thousands of posts hasn’t produced enough “proof” to hang a hat on. Because nobody has bash-interupt on GINA and has documented every death in WW for the last decade.
Incorrect. I have provided plenty of math and evidence already. You do not simply get to handwave it all away because you are too lazy to provide counter evidence and logic of your own to rebut what I have presented.

If you think this level of proof is required, then you also need to provide a decade of regeneration data to prove how often people are even under 100% HP to prove your position.

Quote:
Sometimes when a new player asks a question just answer the question. In this case, they already want to play a race (a very common thing) and are justifying if it’s too much of a struggle. We acknowledged it is more a struggle than the other races because a JBB is like 1/10ths price of a turnkey epic. Also that an uphill battle doesn’t mean one that can’t be climbed. Iksars make the best monks and necros, people still opt not to make them all the time…the shaman racial perks outside the JBB access are almost indistinguishable.
I did just answer the question. I didn't change the topic. You really need to talk to the trolls and people who consistently derail threads, not me. You keep avoiding the real problem.

Quote:
If someone really wants to “just get to endgame” the choice is very obvious…get a barb epic’ed and enjoy the 5% penalty instead of the 15% or 20% one. I’d rant more about that but again, not what the OP wanted to know. They don’t want to justify playing a barbarian.
Getting to 60 faster is not Min/Max, but you are correct a Barbarian can level faster if someone wants to do that.
Old 01-17-2024, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

OP, if you’re still reading please remember that the point isn’t to hit 60 - that is just when the levels stop (at this point in the time line). The point is to enjoy the process, have fun, make friends (or at least enjoy hanging out).

Honestly I think you’ll have more fun not zombiebraining wrist spam!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-17-2024, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

everyone always says that xp penalties don't matter at 60 but they conveniently forget that time at 60 is infinitely more profitable than time getting to 60, since you have way more raid oppts and cash camps available. doubly so for shamans who get torpor.

this means that if you take 2 months longer to level to 60 as an ogre than as a barbarian, and at 60 you can do the same camps as either race, you're forever 2 months behind in plat/dkp as the ogre until you reach BiS
Old 01-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everyone always says that xp penalties don't matter at 60 but they conveniently forget that time at 60 is infinitely more profitable than time getting to 60, since you have way more raid oppts and cash camps available. doubly so for shamans who get torpor.

this means that if you take 2 months longer to level to 60 as an ogre than as a barbarian, and at 60 you can do the same camps as either race, you're forever 2 months behind in plat/dkp as the ogre until you reach BiS
If someone is really worried about leveling to 60 asap, the answer isn't picking which race has the best XP bonus. The answer is having a good leveling strategy and playing with a static group. That will get you to 60 faster than anything else.

Min/Max is looking at which race/class combination is the most powerful at level 60 with Torpor, Epic, Raid Gear, etc. This is because Min/Max looks at the end result, not how to get to the end result. The answer to what is Min/Max for a Shaman is Ogre due to FSI.
Old 01-17-2024, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk man

new / low budget players that have no intention to ever solo artist with their shaman but rather will focus on grouping and getting to 60 will benefit a lot more from regen than FSI
Yeah … regen is just better for the full scope of a shaman’s life.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-17-2024, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah … regen is just better for the full scope of a shaman’s life.
Still incorrect, FSI is better in the endgame. Ogre is the Min/Max option. You still haven't provided anything to back up this claim regarding regeneration, nor have you disproven anything I have said.
Old 01-17-2024, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

jesus christ lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 01-17-2024, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jesus christ lmao
Agreed. It doesn't make sense why people keep posting information that they cannot back up, but insist are true. It's like someone constantly posting "Rusty Weapons are better in melee than ToV Weapons, and I don't need to back this point up with any evidence". It's quite easy to disprove this.
Old 01-17-2024, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2