Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Fire Giant

Default Captain Ashlan and the Orc Scalps

Hi, on my Ogre Warrior I've turned in over 340 orc scalps to Captain Ashlan, yet I am still threatening to the Freeport Militia. In that time, I've moved from threatening to kindly with Ashlan.

The Alla entry below definitely states that 408 scalps didn't undo the Lucan faction hit, but that is supposed to be like a -10000 hit.

I'd understand going from max KoS to dubious is a big thing, but I started out threateningly. I was able to get to non-KoS in north freeport a lot sooner by just killed maybe 200 orcs in EC leveling up.

A quote from the alla entry:
Quote:
I got my IKSAR shaman to ally in highpass. I first killed orcs until I was dubious. Then I got a wolfform, which took me to apprehensive. I then turned in about 10 stacks of scalps, and a bunch of goblin ears, and by the time I was done, I was ally. I also got a bunch of good halfling faction killing the goblins, so now am not KOS is Rivervale, highpass, and 2 parts of freeport (at least to guards).
10 stacks would be 200 orc scalps. Even if "a bunch of goblin ears" means 100, that's still 40 fewer than I turned in.

He also only gave 1gp as a reward, and during research on alla I found he's supposed to give 6gp.

Alla entry

Link to a bug post in the Kunark forums

Really just curious if this is working as intended or not. And, if it is bugged, would I get the faction adjustment, or would I need to buy / farm orc scalps again?
Old 07-11-2011, 01:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlvarex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He also only gave 1gp as a reward, and during research on alla I found he's supposed to give 6gp.
This is the reason so many buy orc scalps when a new server opens.

buy for 1-2gp per, and turn in (single not x4) for close to 6gp each.
you have to run all the way over there but eh, its worth it.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the reason so many buy orc scalps when a new server opens.

buy for 1-2gp per, and turn in (single not x4) for close to 6gp each.
you have to run all the way over there but eh, its worth it.
Heh, I bought like 300 of them in EC for 5gp per before I researched it. Woulda been awesome to actually make money on this quest...

I just want to be able to walk into EFP without getting whacked. I also want to try and get to the same point in Qeynos, but I'm afraid now to make the trip to see if I am non-KoS to the Corrupt Guards. The merchants in HHK were dubious to me (as was the banker...who still banked with me before she popped me in the face for 50 damage).
Old 06-07-2013, 01:08 PM
VIP / Contributor

Insufficient information to warrant raising the faction reward re: Freeport Militia.

Nor can I find cause to raise the reward.

WAD

Move to resolved.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Banned

Brother's paladin on Tunare server turned in godly amounts of orc scalps and his faction never even budged.

Other turn ins from other NPCs did have much more dramatic effects. For instance, turning in Goblin Ears in HHK. Not sure why FP Militia was so ungrateful.
Closed Thread