Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqgamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to support the OP's point - the camp rules are pretty far off from "original" live. There WERE NO CAMPS in live. <---- if you don't remember this then you're too fucking stupid to be arguing in this thread.

A perfect example of this would be after Kunark was released. I rolled a twinked monk when I landed a Fungi for the first time. When it came time to camp Raster, the spawn was ALWAYS good for experiencing some drama.

I had been at that camp for a verrrry long time, just to have another monk and bard come steal it from me by use of bard AoE song. The first to engage had the right to kill, period <---- point reinforced by a Guide that showed up to the camp after I reported the situation.

Do I absolutely agree that this is how it should be? Not really. But seeing a solo necro call out frenzy for LGuk CC's every time I go is getting fucking old.
You should ask for your money back then... Oh wait, this is a free emu server!

Also, stating that people are too fucking stupid to remember X from live means that you might too fucking to stupid to remember that this is a fucking game. I was indeed a guide briefly before I quit playing, despite the doubts from some, and situations like camps were always up to the guide's judgement at that moment, ad hoc as it were.

Right now, at this time, it seems that there are indeed camp rules here. If this causes you such anguish and ruins your fun, then you should look at the server selection list and find yourself another place to play.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Large Bat

I've noticed a funny trend with the community here at P99.

Step 1: Argue that XXX is indeed "classic" albeit not.
Step 2: Cry "stop QQing" lots when questioned on it.
Step 3: Resort to "THIS IS F2P!!!" or "THIS IS P99, NOT CLASSIC" tactics if all else fail.

Sorry, but you idiots can't argue that something was classic and then take the stance that "Oh well, go fuck yourself if you don't like it cuz this is free anyways".

Get real. I find it extremely unlikely that you were ever a guide in original EQ. Guess what? I also had entered into the guide program. I was accepted, went through all the bullshit, and even had a copy of the guide rules via .rtf file for a very long time (shit, I wish I could find that still). I quit due to being only 16 at the time and having too much to do with school and such, but that's besides the point - being a guide doesn't give you some ultimate fucking knowledge award for original EQ information.

My main point stands - if you're too much of a fucking dolt to remember something like THERE ARE NO CAMPS then you don't belong putting input into what was classic or not.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqgamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My main point stands - if you're too much of a fucking dolt to remember something like THERE ARE NO CAMPS then you don't belong putting input into what was classic or not.
He's right. There was no official standpoint on camps when the game went live. Players were expected to handle things on their own without resorting to disruption. When it was determined that the player base had the mentality of a preschooler regarding sharing, the play nice policy was added. Even that got ignored for the most part. The community on most servers came together and developed a standard of play that worked for them.
Zaredi the War Kitten
Old 06-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Large Bat

On a side note, in regards to "handing" camps off to friends - which I haven't witnessed yet myself (doesn't mean it isn't happening) - there were always lines for high-demand camps (see: Drelzna pre-nerf). Whoever was there first, got the mob in question until they got their drop. Followed by whoever came next, and so on. There was no solo necro saccing himself with FBSSes on corpses. The first time he got the drop, he was outta there and the next person was in. And this system worked with a REAL gaming community - if someone was perma farming FBSSes in live we'd train his ass and take the camp, which was only needed every so often because the douchebaggery wasn't as high back then, gg kthxbi.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
On a side note, in regards to "handing" camps off to friends - which I haven't witnessed yet myself (doesn't mean it isn't happening) - there were always lines for high-demand camps (see: Drelzna pre-nerf). Whoever was there first, got the mob in question until they got their drop. Followed by whoever came next, and so on. There was no solo necro saccing himself with FBSSes on corpses. The first time he got the drop, he was outta there and the next person was in. And this system worked with a REAL gaming community - if someone was perma farming FBSSes in live we'd train his ass and take the camp, which was only needed every so often because the douchebaggery wasn't as high back then, gg kthxbi.
Bye then. I hope you find a place that you like better.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.miketastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bye then. I hope you find a place that you like better.
Mr mikenoobtastic, i do have to give you credit on one thing, although you are obviously too dumb to understand the argument in this thread and as such continue to post pointlessly, still managing to add zero relevant information, somehow, you do an outstanding job of hiding your reason for defending lameness so vehemently.

Are you a necro, who is sitting on a camp (or camps) and have nothing better to do while you wait hours for a pop so you post here? (i doubt it, because you dont seem that dedicated, two level 10s)

OR,

Are you a level 10 who sucks so bad you cannot find a group that will have you, so in the interim you have found a worthwhile purpose to continue your pathetic excuse of a life by posting here. (noting you have yet to add any significant form of logic)

OR,

Are you just plain too stupid to realize no one here gives a shit what you think anymore, you have had your chance to say something valuable and continue to pop your greasy acne zit-juice of noobness all over our thread.

Can we all just ask you to please just stop posting in this thread, find another thread... you have a better chance of not sounding like a total moron there. Here all hope is lost.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Feels like a good time to add another point.... so here it goes.

I have heard/read this server will never introduce Luclin. My guess is the carebears are scared to death of AA's. Again a feature that made EQ the greatest MMO ever and a very classic and still much desired feature in todays version of mmo's. Take the leap and prove me wrong. Flame on.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Orc

Yukface, perhaps if you didn't post in such an insultory manner, people may be more sympathetic to your point of view. As it is, any valid points you may have made have been lost to 20 pages of childish back-and-forth bickering. Others may be guilty of this too, but you pretty much set the tone in your inital post (and it doesn't take much to get a rise out of R&F in any case!).

Not intended as a flame, but perhaps you would get a better discussion going in future if your language was a bit more neutral.

The jist of this topic is currently being discussed in a few other threads which are far less polluted with trolling.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

This is america and we have slavery here. That's just the way it is. If you don't like it, you can always move back to Europe.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is america and we have slavery here. That's just the way it is. If you don't like it, you can always move back to Europe.
I'm not in America...sorry.

Just a side note though...I was under the impression that on live, if you had a lore item on your corpse, in your bank, or in your shared bank, that you were not able to loot another one. Obviously that's not how it is here. Perhaps if it were, there wouldn't be a single solo necro always camping Frenzy.

Please continue with your (now) pointless rant.
Zaredi the War Kitten
Closed Thread