Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

Red99 on the rise. Triple digit population every night. While that may seem laughable to Blue, stop and think where Red was not too long ago.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Banned

I played on Rallos Zek and Sullon Zek. Please tell me which Live server Red 99 represents? You can't, because there is no item loot and no teams. So what it comes down to is one giant ARAC guild dominating everything. Boring, and not Classic. I am exactly the target demographic, and the server completely fails for me. There was no reason to ever launch it without hardcoded teams.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Aviak

My time on live EQ was honestly the most enjoyable gaming experience of my life, and it was because I actually was a part of something. Guilds fought for control of the server. Alliances were made, and broken. The game, and the other players, made you feel things.

I remember very late into my EQ career, there was a raiding guild (Zephyros) that had been allied with the top guild on the server (Defiant), and most of the rest of us felt that Zephyros had only made their way to where they were because they didn't have to fight Defiant, or most of the server. Zephyros was in the elemental planes, and preparing to engage Fennin Ro for the first time, when Defiant zones in and tells them that they are going to take Fennin. They could have maintained their alliance by allowing Defiant to have him, but instead they stood their ground and fought. Alliance shattered, the two guilds now KoS.

I never again called a Zephyros member a bluebie.

Do alliances and rivalries exist here? I see screenshots of people sitting on raid spawn locations, but I don't see much social activity.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

I like PvP a lot. But not EQ PvP. Yes, I tried it. Not to be insulting, but who cares how you feel about it? That has nothing to do with how other people feel about it, and frankly the vote's been taken a long time ago. Red lost.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm of course not expecting anything like this to happen, but that doesn't mean it's not worth discussing. It's my opinion that PvP made EQ a much, much better game. I wish more of you could have experienced it on live. That's really why Red99 has such a poor population: you don't know what you're missing. It would have been wonderful if the dev team here had played the Zek servers, and made PvP a priority when making their classic server.

After the merge, even once the unadventurous bluebies quit, we would have a healthy population of 400+. And that would be much preferred over what we have now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tl;dr: My server is failing, an average of 60 people play my server at any time, its obvious people don't want to play pvp here, but lets force it on all of you anyway so we can kill this server too. No thanks.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 11-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on Rallos Zek and Sullon Zek. Please tell me which Live server Red 99 represents? You can't, because there is no item loot and no teams. So what it comes down to is one giant ARAC guild dominating everything. Boring, and not Classic. I am exactly the target demographic, and the server completely fails for me. There was no reason to ever launch it without hardcoded teams.
You should make an effort to be a little more constructive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like PvP a lot. But not EQ PvP. Yes, I tried it. Not to be insulting, but who cares how you feel about it? That has nothing to do with how other people feel about it, and frankly the vote's been taken a long time ago. Red lost.
I'm not asking you to care. I just wish more people had experienced what I did, so that now I could be playing it instead of hopelessly reminiscing :P

At least I have my fond memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tl;dr: My server is failing, an average of 60 people play my server at any time, its obvious people don't want to play pvp here, but lets force it on all of you anyway so we can kill this server too. No thanks.
I didn't think my post was too long to read.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't think my post was too long to read.
It was really more the content that got to me, knowing there are people so selfish that even after they have had their fair chance with a server. They still want to force their ideal version of EQ on a player base that does not want it. At least there is no way it will ever happen.
Red:
Old 11-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was really more the content that got to me, knowing there are people so selfish that even after they have had their fair chance with a server. They still want to force their ideal version of EQ on a player base that does not want it. At least there is no way it will ever happen.
Don't let me get to you, I'm just a lowly paladin :P

But really, isn't this what the developers here are doing? They force their ideal version of EQ onto the players by removing shared bank spaces and the compass, and deciding the rules of the server. They could cater to the whims of the community, but they don't. I don't think they are selfish. Quite the opposite, really. They just want us to have fun.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Orc

I'd totally give red a chance if one time character copy were allowed from blue. No server merger though. That's just dumb.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Don't let me get to you, I'm just a lowly paladin :P

But really, isn't this what the developers here are doing? They force their ideal version of EQ onto the players by removing shared bank spaces and the compass, and deciding the rules of the server. They could cater to the whims of the community, but they don't. I don't think they are selfish. Quite the opposite, really. They just want us to have fun.
Yeah but the difference here is that the vast majority of the player base here prefers the blue server, as evidenced by the population. EQ pvp is absolutely terrible, the mechanics are bad, the community is bad, its like distilling the worst of the EQ community in general into one server. So yes, it would be selfish to say hey lets force everyone into playing red even though the vast majority obviously don't want to play red or the server would not be dead.
Red:
Closed Thread