Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont understand how if he's doing it for a guild its acceptable.

but if i make a thread saying "new player seeks donations" im a bum
That makes you sound greedy I guess? See they aren't trying to get them for themselves, they are giving them to guild mates who are much lower levels and they get banded and bronze donated not anything special.
Last edited by itsSergent; 11-18-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Kobold

It's not like they're asking for rare Manastones, just shit like Banded Armor, Bronze Armor, shit that most players can't afford just starting and trying to mash skeletons with rusty sporks
Old 11-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Large Bat

OMG Sturgeon, Love your gif LOL.

Grahm, I guess there is no right/wrong answer to you question. Perhaps our cause seems more noble because we are taking in acts of kindness and passing them on to others. For me, I found the game stale, repetitive, and I lost my passion for it. Feeling like I/we have contributed something, and watching an idea move into a living project has re-kindled my love for EQ.

My advice would be, "find what you love about this game and make it happen"
Utopia Project
Last edited by Pimpkin'; 11-15-2012 at 02:48 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 03:14 AM
Large Bat

A HUGE thank you to Chirp and his many alts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That donated some amazing gifts!
Utopia Project
Old 11-15-2012, 03:48 AM
Sarnak

Grahm, the reason that is considered being a bum is because a) you probably are already established on this server and b) everyone who has got gear from us so far never even asked (same as all of the times i've done powerlevel sessions, my own free will).

The items that go out for keeps are items you will get off your average random player that you encounter, a few examples are pieces of banded armour, split paw hide, sometimes even just a little plat for spell money!

We also have a system for the slightly more expensive items of the guild, that hopefully will grow into a very fast and effective way and it goes in tier 1, 2 and 3.

Tier 1 - you request this item, prove you have a use and it is granted yours for as long as you want. You can sell it when you are done using it if you are hard up for cash or if you like return it.

Tier 2 - 50-100pp items. You request to use this and then prove you have a use, these items however are not yours to keep forever but you can ask for permission to sell on.

Tier 3 - 100pp+. These items are strictly to remain within the guild walls. You again, request and prove you have a use, upon completion of whatever you needed it for you find an officer and drop the item back to put back into guild circulation.

Tl;dr the items requested are general noob stuff. (but people are really kind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Old 11-15-2012, 03:51 AM
Sarnak

Also this is a good thing for the health server, some people forget how hard classic was to start out with nothing and quit.. By doing this you keep them here just that extra bit longer and give them a chance to remember why it's so worth the grind.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanzkopf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also this is a good thing for the health server, some people forget how hard classic was to start out with nothing and quit.. By doing this you keep them here just that extra bit longer and give them a chance to remember why it's so worth the grind.
Anyone else notice that the numbers for the server populations have increased since we began the project? I do believe this is helping to attract/keep the population up! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Utopia Project
Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Last night /who all utopia was a request cut short! We are making it in the big smoke!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

HUGE thankyou to Lorraine from Vesica Dei for donating a whole tonne of items! Many have already found new homes, thankyou!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Skeleton

FYI. one of your members, says he's an officer. Flayming/zonen/zonein is scamming people, and pointing the finger at other people.
Closed Thread