Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Large Rat

The way I've always seen it is the plat figure of the item. If it had dropped for a group I was in, whether I was a monk or not, 30k for anyone is a good amount of plat. Unless you were in a guild group where you're all very much working on the same goals, one of them being make your raid team stronger, then it wouldn't be NBG. For the originator of the thread; would you do NBG if a cobalt bracer (80k?) dropped? I'm a barbarian and would likely be a shrink and ac upgrade. What is the point in which its not about the need and it turns to be about the plat? I'd NBG on a 1kplat spell but not sure about a 20k spell if it means some serious beefing up when you turn the item to pp.

-Warwar
Old 10-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyryllis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
going to sum this all up and make it nice and easy for some of the people with less reading comprehension/ reasoning skills:

Tstaff- not common...not a camp you are sitting at for the sole intention of getting a tstaff. It is usually just normal exp group, and when one drops, its a bonus for the whole group.
Oh btw, comparing giving a tstaff to a greedy monk to giving some noob paladin a ghoulbane? What a joke- Tstaff 30k...ghoulbane 600pp.

Fungi tunic camp- so you are saying this camp should ONLY be done by characters who can use the tunic? So no ench/mage/wiz/nec should EVER do that camp, because they arent deserving of the 50k? Newsflash, some of us still need items we can't afford. Thanks for denying my main the chance to buy items that benefit me because you are so greedy.

Do you think when manastones and rod of annihilation dropped they should have auto gone to casters?

Shit reminds me of idiots on live at frenzied ghoul camp who insisted they should get FBSS over everyone else because they werent wearing one. Same people you see a week later selling it.

ITT: People who can reason, and people who think that since they rolled a melee class, they should get all the loot. Not that much good caster gear rolling around at most camps buddy. Good luck getting heals, buffs, cc, etc.

Just because you play games, doesnt mean you should act retarded- you are making the rest of us look bad.

LOL Maybe for most classes they go there not caring, Considering the Warlord only drops the boots and the staff that are worth it. This is one of the monk big ticket item that is only surpassed by the epic. A lot of you guys fail to consider that the T-staff for most monk is the TOP weapon for our class!

So not every monk can get their epic done. even if they are guilded maybe they cant do the epic fights. So this is the best thing for a lot of monk for a long long time! Hopefully folks can understand this but eh, i'll do like i always do and sit there in that room until i score one, either thru NBG or farming/xp group. To compare the staff to other valuable items is clearly not knowing about monks gear, which is understandable. I know jack shit about other classes gear.

My ride
Last edited by Senadin; 10-27-2012 at 02:58 PM..
Old 10-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess if you are playing this game with the soul purpose of gearing your self and saying fuck you to the everyone else then ofc your reasoning would be to greed everything. sad times we live in.
Everybody wants to gear their character, everybody benefits equally from getting a tstaff. I'd say most people let items sub 1k go to whoever can use it in a group, from my experience. Tstaff= 30k= more than halfway to a tobrins eyepatch, 1/4 of the way to a boneclasped girdle, 1/4 the way to a manastone, 1/7 of the way to a RoA- if we are talking higher end. Or for the lower end: 30k could buy an int caster: 2x BS ear, Ornate rune shield, Tola robe, dustscryer crystal ball, djarns amethyst ring, and have plat left over for ports/peridots/tradeskills. I'm pretty sure the ability to afford all those nice upgrades is just as, if not more, beneficial for the caster. So I could argue that you are being greedy for denying them said potential upgrades.

Anyways, gl on your continued trolling, I see youve made quite a few posts in the last month since youve joined. Maybe you need to take a break from the forums and get some fresh air.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caamaya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way I've always seen it is the plat figure of the item. If it had dropped for a group I was in, whether I was a monk or not, 30k for anyone is a good amount of plat. Unless you were in a guild group where you're all very much working on the same goals, one of them being make your raid team stronger, then it wouldn't be NBG. For the originator of the thread; would you do NBG if a cobalt bracer (80k?) dropped? I'm a barbarian and would likely be a shrink and ac upgrade. What is the point in which its not about the need and it turns to be about the plat? I'd NBG on a 1kplat spell but not sure about a 20k spell if it means some serious beefing up when you turn the item to pp.

-Warwar
Myself i would never roll on ANY item if someone needed especially if it was clear they needed it. By that i mean, you know... some players with the rep of being greedy. Players that you can tell are loot whore. They are the one who are looting right before the corpse fall on the ground and gets cold. We all know the kind.

I dont care if the item was worth 300k. If you said you needed that bracer as it was an upgrade, i would pass. Maybe i am dumb but it's how i always played and it isnt about to change. What goes around comes around.

My ride
Old 10-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyryllis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
going to sum this all up and make it nice and easy for some of the people with less reading comprehension/ reasoning skills:

Tstaff- not common...not a camp you are sitting at for the sole intention of getting a tstaff. It is usually just normal exp group, and when one drops, its a bonus for the whole group.

Oh btw, comparing giving a tstaff to a greedy monk to giving some noob paladin a ghoulbane? What a joke- Tstaff 30k...ghoulbane 600pp.

Fungi tunic camp- so you are saying this camp should ONLY be done by characters who can use the tunic? So no ench/mage/wiz/nec should EVER do that camp, because they arent deserving of the 50k? Newsflash, some of us still need items we can't afford. Thanks for denying my main the chance to buy items that benefit me because you are so greedy.

Do you think when manastones and rod of annihilation dropped they should have auto gone to casters?

Shit reminds me of idiots on live at frenzied ghoul camp who insisted they should get FBSS over everyone else because they werent wearing one. Same people you see a week later selling it.

ITT: People who can reason, and people who think that since they rolled a melee class, they should get all the loot. Not that much good caster gear rolling around at most camps buddy. Good luck getting heals, buffs, cc, etc.

Just because you play games, doesnt mean you should act retarded- you are making the rest of us look bad.
Who ever said only 1 of the item is gonna drop while you are camping the spot? sure a caster can get a fungi but should be after melee get one if they don't already have. Same goes for casters getting first shot at say a manastone before a melee. As i said i dont plan on grouping with anyone that isnt cool with NbG going into a group even if i'm not the one needing anything from the camp. No reason you cant let NbG go first and then split up the remaining loots. If i was at fungi and got a fungi i would forgo all other loot including split since i got something i'm gonna use. I guess alot of others don't think the same way as me and thats fine it makes sense to me why i can make friends easier then most of you.

And also the whole arguement well its worth 30k i can sell and buy upgrades for myself. Yes you could but how long is it gonna take that monk to have another chance at a Tstaff to help his DPS right then and there. Bet you would be kicking yourself if you looted Tstaff then everyone but your monk in group wiped and he somehow managed to die before getting FD off because his dps wasnt gonna enough to kill the mob first.
Last edited by Thulack; 10-27-2012 at 03:07 PM..
Old 10-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

just yesterday i had somebody greed roll me out of a dragon dirk in crushbone, city of orcs. if he had known who i was in real life i promise u he wouldnt have done that
Old 10-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who ever said only 1 of the item is gonna drop while you are camping the spot? sure a caster can get a fungi but should be after melee get one if they don't already have. Same goes for casters getting first shot at say a manastone before a melee. As i said i dont plan on grouping with anyone that isnt cool with NbG going into a group even if i'm not the one needing anything from the camp. No reason you cant let NbG go first and then split up the remaining loots. If i was at fungi and got a fungi i would forgo all other loot including split since i got something i'm gonna use. I guess alot of others don't think the same way as me and thats fine it makes sense to me why i can make friends easier then most of you.

And also the whole arguement well its worth 30k i can sell and buy upgrades for myself. Yes you could but how long is it gonna take that monk to have another chance at a Tstaff to help his DPS right then and there. Bet you would be kicking yourself if you looted Tstaff then everyone but your monk in group wiped and he somehow managed to die before getting FD off because his dps wasnt gonna enough to kill the mob first.

wow...just wow. Let me see if I can play with your logic: Theres a guy with platinum on him, 30k actually, sitting in KC...he wants a tstaff bad...not only that- he also has bags of gear for all classes on him. Tstaff drops and the cleric wins, and he sells it to the guy at the entrance for 15k and some gear he could use...

Good thing too, because as soon as that happens, the fail monk who cant pull well brings 7 mobs and the enchanter is low on mana. Good thing the clerics now has higher hp, because just as everyone else in the group dies, he is able to tank that last few hits and survives with 100hp left and then can rez the whole group back.

Pretty much just as likely to happen.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
wow...just wow. Let me see if I can play with your logic: Theres a guy with platinum on him, 30k actually, sitting in KC...he wants a tstaff bad...not only that- he also has bags of gear for all classes on him. Tstaff drops and the cleric wins, and he sells it to the guy at the entrance for 15k and some gear he could use...

Good thing too, because as soon as that happens, the fail monk who cant pull well brings 7 mobs and the enchanter is low on mana. Good thing the clerics now has higher hp, because just as everyone else in the group dies, he is able to tank that last few hits and survives with 100hp left and then can rez the whole group back.

Pretty much just as likely to happen.

There is?!?!?!

Is it Santa!!!????

My ride
Old 10-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

this thread has gotten absolutely rediculous

if your grouped with a bunch of strangers and a high value item drops, everyone should get an equal chance on that drop, as everyone can get an upgrade out of it, unless your a greedy douchebag than you can agree with this, END OF STORY NOTHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT

Go get a guild who gives a shit about you and your upgrades if you want to have a 100% chance of taking the high value drop and group with them, dont waste a bunch of strangers time for your greedy worthless ass
Old 10-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Orc

Simple solution, make it clear you are there specifically for a T-staff and will pass on anything else that might drop. Ask if this is ok. If for whatever reason someone disagrees, leave the group. If it's your group, drop them.
Didn't read most of the thread, the cunts saying NBG doesn't exist at high levels are either liars or the reason why it doesn't in their particular groups. If something droped that is an upgrade for someone in practically every group I have been in, no one is going to act like a whiny little bitch about it, no matter how expensive it is. If you run into one of these wastes of EQ space, remember their names and never group with them again.
Closed Thread