Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Do you believe ooc and auction should be returned to zone-only?
YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only. 383 52.39%
NO! I want ooc/auction to remain global wide. 348 47.61%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuut1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why can't people just turn off ooc and auction and use shout as their zone channels? then ALL would be pleased!
Why cant people stop bringing up that point because its 0??
im sooo tired of hearing that.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Sarnak

then quit reading. you guys are real jerks to opposing views. they asked for our opinions, and they got them.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh LFG IS classic ... just not with that stupid interface crap where you can add comments to your LFG and whatnot ... simple "/lfg" to toggel it on or off .. period
You are correct.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Large Bat

Send a message via AIM to orielberyl Send a message via MSN to orielberyl Send a message via Yahoo to orielberyl

This comes down to people wanting a hardcore classic enviroment. The people who want ooc to be zonewide only do not want to give up their channel but do not want it to be global. I feel the population needs to reach at least 1000 active players during peak before we have starting cities populated enough for low players to recieve help. At that point I would vote for removal of a global channel. However I do not want players to have to give up their ooc or auction channel by disabling it to get the immersive feeling they desire. I think a fair compromise would be to implement a global general channel and make auction and ooc zonewide. So the players who want the closest to classic experience can disable the global general channel but still have access to their zonewide ooc and auction channels. Those who want the global channel can enable general and communicate with the rest of the server who choose to do so. Once we consistantly hit 1000 online during peak hours for a couple of weeks in a row there should be no vote or contest just remove general. the 736 pop on one monday night is really nice but cutting off the global channel wouldn't only happen during that time. We have hundreds of players who only play early mornings (American times .... Late night their time) or mid day. With their schedules playing during 200 population hours global is critical. I do agree with many on this thread about the non classic authenticity of gobal chat, and it does in many ways ruin the immersion and the community of the game. However all your memories of wonderful old classic where with 2000 people playing at any given moment. We do not have that luxury. it wasn't uncommon to have 70 people chilling in Gfay and a newbie could log onto a level 3 form a full group in 10 seconds and head off to crushbone. Along the way they would probably see a 40 druid who was bored and came in with the group to pl them. We do not have that. Not yet anyways. I have 100% faith in this server and believe the population will reach numbers even the devs do not dream of. Until that happens some type of equalizer needs to remain in the game for the good of the server. What if we take global ooc out and all our daytime players quit because they can't find groups and all the people who voted no quit because they really wanted ooc. Then we lose a good chunk of population.
Last edited by orielberyl; 05-20-2010 at 10:11 AM..
Old 05-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
devs srsly, we have already 37 pages within some days + other endless threads in this matter.

just disable them non-classic serverwide channels, case closed.

let the playerbase handle this by themself and allow playercreated channels instead (ie for pickupraids, auction, new players etc)
channels would defeat the WHOLE purpose of all reasonings of this thread...that was the worst idea of anyone especially a dev to come up with

1) channels arent classic
2) they still allow for global communication (LFG and AUC channels will be created)
Old 05-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuut1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why can't people just turn off ooc and auction and use shout as their zone channels? then ALL would be pleased!
Because you can't have integral parts of the game included in a function that people are just supposed to turn off if they don't like it. If you haven't even read the thread stop talking and just vote.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Large Bat

Default ummm did someone forget about a minor detail here?

Um, I know their isn't many raids going on yet. But... I specifically remember, when raiding back in the classic days we had to use the different channels for raid coordination.

I.e. if more than 1 raid was occurring at the same time, one raid would use shout, another would use ooc, etc.

I guess, their won't be open raids on this server.

Or they are going to need to put in chat channels.... for this reason I vote to make the channels per zone.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Are chat channles seriously being considered as an alternative to global ooc? they are the same thing...... I dont think anyone is upset about the fact that you log on and /ooc is automatically on, thats the only diff between it and chat channels, I am personally upset about how global ooc changes the game, and global chat channels have the same effect.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Leave it as is.

I hate change.

Almost as much as I hate the promise of change with no follow through *cough*democrats*cough*

oops, wrong forum for that...
Old 05-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

I personally could care less about all the political debating going on in OOC. STFU and take that stuff to the proper place [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Shitcan global OOC and Auction. Not because it's not "Classic" but because it's annoying. And before anyone cries about "just mute them" or "put them in their own window", no. I will not. The channels exist for a reason, and it's not to bitch about the state of the world today, who is a great world leader, etc. Technically OOC can be about anything you want, but if people want to talk politics, religion, your girlfriend's facebook profile, etc, EverQuest is not the place for it. Discussions are fine and everything, but 600+ people have access to what boils down to a chat room where anything goes with an ever-changing subject matter that spams the crap out of people's UI.

And trying to hide it makes the channels useless for those of us willing to help newbies out. The only problem I see with getting rid of global OOC is the possibility of making it harder to find groups at times (though granted I mostly use /who all lfg and a lvl range and make my own groups), and if someone makes a character in say, Grobb, and needs help they probably won't have many in the city to help them.
Closed Thread