Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dear Palemoon, Harrison, other players who don't play here,

Please shut up.

Over two thirds of the server voted to have this on (or don't care).

This server needs it badly given the population - anything under 300'ish should warrant it. There is no community or communication right now. There is no in-game economy. Global channels would essentially pack the same number of people that a popular zone would have back on live.

I'm not rehashing the exact same things I've posted a billion times already because a vocal minority of non-players is trolling here.

Whatever negatives people are throwing out here do not matter because it can be turned off or easily filtered. They are non-factors. The biggest positive is that new players will start characters here and see that the server is actually alive instead of exping in ghost town newbie zones not interacting with anyone.

This server has to be more casual-friendly in order for it to thrive.

Love,
Someone who actually spent 70+ hours leveling up a melee on this server.

PS: Harrison, yes, VZTZ had some nice features that no one ever complained + are sorely missed here (global chat and pvp broadcasts). Deal with it, buddy.
My opinion on global OOC has gone from being vehemently against it to being indifferent to it, but Palemoon actually does play on here and is very active. Finawin doesn't play here (that I know of), but the "doesn't play here" crowd mostly consists of the people who want global OOC, not people who don't want it and "troll" like you say. Of course then you might say that this is evidence that global OOC will bring back players, but that's just nonsense, because the non-players who want global OOC are mostly (a) burnt out holocaust noobs like Cast, who might come back temporarily but find ANY excuse to ragequit the server (supposed GM favoritism, suspicions of cheating towards the other top guild, suspicions that the other guild uses GM commands to see what loot mobs hold, etc.), and (b) annoying forum trolls like Steaks/cozmonaut that add nothing of value to the community.

Unlike Palemoon, I don't think that sending a tell or having the option of an IRC channel has the same benefits as global OOC. I think this because most members of this community are too dense and lazy to take matters into their own hands and install IRC on their computer, send someone a tell, or type /lfg. Of course this is entirely their fault, but that doesn't mean that global OOC doesn't accelerate the process of finding groups. Also, and I'll admit this is minor, but I like that when someone gets called out on their stupidity on global OOC, they're actually expected to respond and can't just ignore you like people do on this forum. And maybe some of the "wipe it clean", "burn it down", etc. stuff will end up in global OOC instead of polluting the forums all the time. I'm not crazy about it but I think it's worth trying.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Kobold

Started a week ago on this server with 5 other buddies...

I can see the need for a global channel to help players find ports, find groups, sell items... but I do not see why it has to be /ooc

keep OOC the way it is.

add a /global channel that people can join (or leave when it inevitably gets filled with trash)

best of both worlds IMO.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

An opt-in channel would serve the same purpose, yeah - that would be fine. Anything to give players an easier route to communicate, sell/trade, and socialize.

This isn't the blue server where there are 500+ online constantly. Most nights there are low-mid 100's.

Quote:
Want to find a group? Send /tells. /tells are the most effective way to get a response. When people see some spam across a gobal channel 99 times out of 100 its ignore. But send someone a tell? Most likely it will be answered. Period.
Tells to who? The 99% of the server using /anonymous?

How about I just want to talk to the other players some or see the interaction between the high level players competing?

Look, when you played red EQ back in the day even as a solo player you'd get the ooc interaction - frequently "Soandso down to [guild]" shouts which served as a ghetto pvp broadcast, but this is only because there were frequently 50+ people in the major zones.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Banned

ready for ooc so i can start logging on to get big xp
Old 03-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Banned

First you don't log in because of classic experience, now it's ooc. What will you cry about after ooc? No instant 50?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Orc

I don't get the point of making a Poll and then just ignore the Community.

Throw OOC in, look how it works out. If the spamming gets to idiotic - remove it. Pretty simple.

Not much of work, not a big deal too...
Old 03-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Kobold

I wouldn't mind Global OOC as long as it's enforced as Amelinda and Sirken have promised.

I would see it as a great opportunity to thin the herd the first time they start spamming and using racism in the channel.

/report is your friend.

TZ-The Highland Army
SZ-Malignant, Hate

Stormhammer-Science of War
The Rathe-Precision Strike

R99 - 52 Necro
P99 - 34 Mage
Closed Thread