Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Best thing about item loot is making no drop gear worth while. At this point I would almost be pissed if they implemented item loot because I would have rolled a human cleric instead of a halfling.

People imagining these terrible scenarios with item loot obviously never played it. It just means its worthwhile to have twinks and its worthwhile to try to gank twinks. Sure, some twinks are running around murdering folks just for fun, but a lot of them are after other twinks rubi BP's. Its a lot of fun.

Either way I think that P99 crowd is too blue to go with item loot, I don't know if its a good idea at this point.

As per flagging for item loot..no point. As mentioned, if you stayed flagged, a gank squad would log on, flag, and murder you, and then turn in their unflag books and play it safe for a week or whatever until they were safe to use their gear again.

If flagging was both optional and permanent, the risk would not be worth it, and it would be really uncommon.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As per flagging for item loot..no point. As mentioned, if you stayed flagged, a gank squad would log on, flag, and murder you, and then turn in their unflag books and play it safe for a week or whatever until they were safe to use their gear again.

If flagging was both optional and permanent, the risk would not be worth it, and it would be really uncommon.
Thats not really a problem, make it 2 or 3 weeks if we have to.

The real problem to me is how do we stop non-flagged from nuking down friends to prevent item loot.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Large Bat

I remember item loot on original VZ.

/engage PVP opponent w/full resist gear (mostly droppable)

/outcome shifts in your favor (yesss.... hope I get SMR)

/tide turns and now odds are against you

/maniac run in other direction while opening all bags to put gear up while also screaming at the top of your lungs and banging desk/keyboard

Good times.....
Old 03-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats nonsense, i started there in the summer of 2001, as a naked wiz. You did have some mid lvl twinks and also hardcore twinks running around, not able to land a single root on them.

It was super hard for me, things got better after the halloween event of 2001 where i got like 7-8 no drop pieces.

Lots of new guys with me also, i remember laughing as we were chasing this twink SK and only denting his health, like 3 of us on him.

Item loot is fine, devs could find a way to get the halloween set in there and/or other no drop pieces as a standard set you can keep, then mix and match with lootable gear.
oh so you played a naked caster like everyone else and farmed melee's? ok bro !
Old 03-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steaks2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh so you played a naked caster like everyone else and farmed melee's? ok bro !
Let me put you in the harrison ignore bag i got right here with your other accounts... there.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

didnt read all this but what would stop a level 50 group from ganking all day with a throw away lvl 10 character in the group thats flagged to loot everyone they kill without themselves ever being in danger?
Old 03-11-2012, 03:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpeat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
didnt read all this but what would stop a level 50 group from ganking all day with a throw away lvl 10 character in the group thats flagged to loot everyone they kill without themselves ever being in danger?
They could but i dont see a guy with no 50 connections going for item loot right off the bat.

Yea you could have a bunch of 50s rollin around with a lowbie to look for loot, but you could have multiple crews like that and pvp would happen.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:24 AM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

As an idea I think it has merit.

Giving people more options to PvP and certainly an outlet for the real hard core pvp'ers can't be a bad thing.

The key word there is option...

If you don't choose to enable the option why is it so wrong if somebody else wants too heh. (unless it makes you feel you aren't really "hardcore" anymore lol)

but yah no point in tearing apart a good idea with specific game mechanics or what if's

like "what if a lvl 10 accidentally trades lulz" (um GM unflag them or unflag quest of some sort?)

the devil is in the details.. but i support the general concept
Old 03-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Orc

Give us a daily "happy - item loot - hour". 7 to 8pm.

Thx in advance to the satff, that cares so much about us.
Closed Thread