Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 01:54 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't work like that. Take a deep breath, delete all your accounts, and apply. It's the only way it would work.

(and p.s., don't delete anything until the server is back up in place and folks like Rogean and Nilbog consider the idea first.. heh)
well if not playing at all to answer petitons is the way to go, then no... I'll just be another guy complaining about how the server is down and waiting.. patiently. I'd like to help others but I can't. This server was the first thing since wow came out that I actually wanted to play, and I quit wow a long time ago. It just sucks some asshole thinks he's super cool and wants to attack this specific server. Did PEQ or any of those other servers get attacked like this? I notice lots of 0 population servers on the list. I haven't been playing eqemu since this came out...

It's just real disappointing it has to happen to THE BEST server as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:56 AM
Large Rat

To the Devs/People in charge:

Thanks for doing everything to put this server together and get it up and running. I have had an awesome time running around as a KoS everywhere Troll and exploring different places to find things out. Bubbles even helped me get a corpse back in Feerrott when I was an even bigger newb, loaning me a weapon to fight with and running all over to find my body. It really was a classic experience for me and I appreciate the chance to go back in time like that.

I also hope that you can find a way to get things up and running again. Even if we all have to start off with a clean slate I'm cool with that. Hopefully the individual(s) responsible for this will eventually get bored and move on to some other form of hooliganism.

Thanks again and hope to see you in game!

Zamboni
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you mad are ya pissed? Are you gonna point your gun at your computer screen and it will hit me? Maybe stick a knife thru the screen and get me?

get the fuck outta here. feels awesome to be powerless doesnt it?
If somehow anonymity was removed, and your name was revealed to be "Joe Blow, 123 Easy Street, San Diego, CA" would you be so quick to call someone an "internet tough guy?"

Let me get this straight. People used to spend loads of cash on ebay characters and equipment. Do things utterly stupid like camp Zordac Ragefire. Come home from work at lunch to kill placeholders in a camp.

I'm kind of surprised no one has been killed in real life over an online game. Maybe they have, and I just haven't heard about it.

God knows, people get killed over some trivial crap, this kind of thing wouldn't be a reach at all.

I guess the only thing that bugs me worse than an internet tough guy, is someone mocking that internet tough guy. Wimpiest guy in the world is the toughest if he has a gun and you don't. If someone is mad at you, and knows who and where you are you don't have much protection if he decided to come up behind you and squeeze a trigger.

So just give it a rest ok? I'm sure someone is angry and just working off steam.

But you never know.
Fire Giant

Hey bubbles just want to say that it was nice meeting you. I helped you out in FP and you gave me a shield and scimitar. Thank you. Hope to see you in game again.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:57 AM
Large Rat

Most of us have our careers now, since the 1999 era, and I'd happily divert some of my prodigious salary now to the cause of safeguarding the server I relive my past on. Keep us posted on possibilities and we'll provide the funding.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Orc

Best song ever

"Its the day that them hackers went outside, its the day a lot of little kids did cry"
Old 11-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estharik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well if not playing at all to answer petitons is the way to go, then no... I'll just be another guy complaining about how the server is down and waiting.. patiently. I'd like to help others but I can't. This server was the first thing since wow came out that I actually wanted to play, and I quit wow a long time ago. It just sucks some asshole thinks he's super cool and wants to attack this specific server. Did PEQ or any of those other servers get attacked like this? I notice lots of 0 population servers on the list. I haven't been playing eqemu since this came out...

It's just real disappointing it has to happen to THE BEST server as far as I'm concerned.
Agreed.

Sadly a lot of those 0 population servers are just that.. Zero population servers.

PEQ/Stormhaven/GPG/etc never skipped a beat. I'm goofing around on Storm Haven right now as a matter of fact. a 75 warrior can clear Guk in a *hurry*, for those scoring at home...
Old 11-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Large Bat

I think that in a small game community like this one, just as Bubbles (i think) said a few posts ago, every individual is much more important. Assuming that this whole server incident was intentional, we can get more out of our situation if we interpret this
person(s) actions as a communication, and not just an attack.

Why would someone do this? I can think of many reasons, but calling him/her names and insulting him (i'm just gonna use him, doing the him/her thing is a pain in the butt) is just going to continue this cycle of aggression. We all probably have a lot more in common than most of you are willing to think, and the most enlightening way to approach this scenario is to imagine what might have caused YOU to do something like this. I imagine that whoever did this was probably hurt by something that happened on the server, and he didn't get the compassion from other players that he needed at the time to resolve the issue constructively.

I wouldn't mind being an online psychologist for the server lol. A psycho-gm or something. Without more group-oriented social behavior within such a small community it can all fall apart very quickly.

I'm not happy that the server is down, and hope to play again soon. But we can also take this event as an opportunity to look at ourselves now. How much have we all been playing lately? What else in our lives have we been avoiding? Are we playing to be powerful, or to make friends?
Old 11-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Large Rat

This is classic sociopath behavior, your anger and outrage at the occurrence is actually what they are after. Sure, they (for lack of a more accurate term) screwed over a bunch of innocent people...but they like that. You want to hurt them, forgive and forget, and move on with your lives. Those without a real life "audience" of people that care for them, and people they care about, find online outlets to wield pseudo "power" over. Trust me, your real life infinitely places you in an echelon light years ahead of their stunted social circle. Pity them, and go do any number of equally rewarding things, since all they have to lord over you is a video game.

So sad....
Old 11-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
I do strongly remember a couple of GMs on the forums bringing out the "You're in our world now, deal with it" card recently. That's a far, far more likely culprit.
Yeah, now who's world are they in?
Closed Thread