Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I've done carrier swarms back on SC1. Fun stuff. I have no idea what the FUCK the guy before him said. Yes I do know the balance of power per unit is Protoss > Terran > Zerg but I also like the defensive nature of the Terran. I have an equal love for Protoss Terran. My life for auir/jim raynor.
okay let me break it down for you.

colossus is a massive robotic unit that is targetable by both air and ground attacks. it has a huge aoe that hits for massive damage and will rape practically anything on the ground. with its upgrade, it has the 2nd longest range in the game next to siege tanks and can outrange any defensive tower.

stalker is roughly equivalent to a sc1 dragoon, with a bit less hp and damage, but it has a researchable short-range teleport called blink.

these two units when combined cover each other's weaknesses very well and as far as cost comparisons go this unit comp is probably the best in the game overall. it requires very little micro and control to manage this army effectively, and because of this it is easy to throw in and control a few casters to the mix (such as high templar, sentries).

there are good solid counters to it generally consisting of ranging the colossi with vikings, or using infestors, but you won't really see them until you get into platinum/diamond league and above.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Marauders plow both of those units pretty well. A Marauder / Medivac / Viking force would own that pretty hard.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
havent played an RTS in years, do I need to hire an asian to play for me?
I would suggest going Zerg for holocaust members. You will be in your own element
Old 11-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Marauders plow both of those units pretty well. A Marauder / Medivac / Viking force would own that pretty hard.
of course now we're opening up metagame discussions. I'M NOT SAYING THIS COMPOSITION IS UNCOUNTERABLE.

you would think that marauders would beat this since they counter each unit seperately. however, marauders don't really beat this composition straight up, the aoe damage is just too strong if the marauders can't reach the colossi (e.g. being blocked by stalkers). medivac heal is a drop in the bucket. if you're using sentries effectively it can be quite trivial to keep marauders at the perfect distance for massive colossi aoe as well.

what a terran has to do is bait the stalkers into overextending themselves by sniping with vikings, and then engage the forces separately. or at the very least he has to switch to double viking production early enough to brute force his way through the colossi.

this is all way more complicated than knuckle probably cares to hear. i'm just saying that the protoss deathball is the force to beat in the late game and it sounds like that would be the most appropriate tactic given his stated preferences, e.g. late game powerful units.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

and i thought i should quote this again since it seems you missed it the first time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there are good solid counters to it generally consisting of ranging the colossi with vikings, or using infestors, but you won't really see them until you get into platinum/diamond league and above.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would suggest going Zerg for holocaust members. You will be in your own element
8 toons > 150 = zerg?

Or Protoss > zerg

Pretty sure that makes my warrior a Carrier or Archon.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
8 toons > 150 = zerg?

Or Protoss > zerg

carriers owned pretty hard by hydras or corruptors, i'd be an archon if i were you
Old 11-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
8 toons > 150 = zerg?

Or Protoss > zerg

ZvP

6 Pool rush, Send in a scout asap 2 try and delay building of their Gateway or steal their extractor to delay stalkers or to prevent them from walling themselves in. Intill you get into the higher leagues this strat will pretty much win everytime. If you don't outright win, build an overlord and a roach warren while sending more zerglings to re-enforce the first wave and to keep on the pressure.

6 Pool is also great against ZvZ. I would suggest against it while vs Terran.

& lul, not talking about some FFA pvp event. How many are on page 2 batman?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg holo.jpg (19.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 11-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

ill teach you sc2 if you give me gold, okay?
Closed Thread