Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 06:00 AM
Kobold

Apparently, according to the Wiki game mechanics and my experience in game where fighting with the pet seemed more than 50%, the nerf is actually still 75% less exp if you do under 50% damage.

So basically the rule changed from having to do 1 damage to having to do over 50% to get full exp, otherwise you get 25%.

Really I started this thread wishing for some verification as to how the mechanic is working (to help find a way around it), so it would be good if we had some official word on it at some point.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:21 AM
Aviak

Classic would be 50% if you do no damage.

Interesting, as others have mentioned, this boosts afk exping I had thought afk exping was against the rules, but I guess it is just "frowned upon"?
Old 10-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Aviak

I should probably mention that I am not suggesting mages go out and afk exp. I am just pointing out that they have given a boost to those who would do such a thing.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Large Bat

I will not be playing till this gets fixed.
God of valor. I am the son of Tarew Marr, the god of water, and the twin brother of Erollisi Marr, the goddess of love. I am the creator of the frogloks and, along with my sister, am jointly responsible for the creation of the barbarians, and by extension humans and Erudites as well. I am also known as the Truthbringer and the Lightbearer. I rule the Plane of Valor.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

we all agree that this is supposed to be a classic server. what seems to be frustrating people is how what is changed to classic is picked and chosen arbitrarily. in this case, pet soloing is completely nerfed without fixing the other issues with pets first (taunt, pet attack range, etc). the post in the previous page about a necro soloing at level 55 for 10 hours and only getting 12% xp (something like that) is extremely alarming. I unfortunately doubt this will be fixed, and I do not have the time to solo for 80 hours to get one level in the mid to high 50s. i really like this server and what it stands for, and i hope that this nerf does not ruin the population.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we all agree that this is supposed to be a classic server. what seems to be frustrating people is how what is changed to classic is picked and chosen arbitrarily. in this case, pet soloing is completely nerfed without fixing the other issues with pets first (taunt, pet attack range, etc). the post in the previous page about a necro soloing at level 55 for 10 hours and only getting 12% xp (something like that) is extremely alarming. I unfortunately doubt this will be fixed, and I do not have the time to solo for 80 hours to get one level in the mid to high 50s. i really like this server and what it stands for, and i hope that this nerf does not ruin the population.
This is all true, yes. What further aggravates me is that they are also hand picking features of Luclin and PoP as to not nerf other classes. No Plane of Knowledge means that Druids and Wizards are still useful to people. Not only is that not classic, but they are one-siding things. (I actually agree with that decision, just stating that pet classes are being unjustly nerfed here.)
Old 10-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by yraapt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic would be 50% if you do no damage.

Interesting, as others have mentioned, this boosts afk exping I had thought afk exping was against the rules, but I guess it is just "frowned upon"?
Should be cause for account deletion.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by abyssalstalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is all true, yes. What further aggravates me is that they are also hand picking features of Luclin and PoP as to not nerf other classes. No Plane of Knowledge means that Druids and Wizards are still useful to people. Not only is that not classic, but they are one-siding things. (I actually agree with that decision, just stating that pet classes are being unjustly nerfed here.)
correct me if i'm wrong, but the devs haven't explicitly stated that they are going to implement the custom PoP / Luclin content. also, if it were to occur, it would be after Velious, which is years away.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11879

Pretty sure they are serious. It may be awhile away but its still planned.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by abyssalstalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11879

Pretty sure they are serious. It may be awhile away but its still planned.

That thread is a discussion or wish list -- speculation at best. It is a great discussion on lore and ideas about extending the Norrath travel system, but there is no indication any of it is planned.
Closed Thread