Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2024, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like someone else (who was also completely unbalanced), but with a different name.
Old 08-29-2024, 12:20 AM
Orc

noonecaresduik
Old 08-29-2024, 12:21 AM
Orc

Either my box is the best or it isn't, but it is.
Old 08-29-2024, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdottington [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
noonecaresduik
Great message from the rep of this server! Have fun starting a new server in 1 month when the same 12 people show up to this one.
Old 08-29-2024, 02:15 PM
Orc

EQ PvP is supposed to be toxic, it's classic bro. All EMU PvP is dead ROT is just bots, Red is like 50 prime time which in Velious is not enough for anything.

I won't feel shame if people snub me because I called them a fucking clown on discord or trained them or something. Idc. I cracked open my childhood game and learned how to basically do everything, as I sit here and think I don't think there's anything I can't do from the DB side.

Chances are it will fail but it's bigger than me, Blue/Green are dying, red is dead, ROT is dead. I just don't think there's a huge demand. That being said I think Classic is our best chance to get something going?

It will take community support, which will not happen. Even if it did I think EQ is kinda played out/dead. I'm not giving up and I have fun doing it, I enjoy it, and worst case scenario I'll just play it with my kids every few nights. They don't really like it though, too grindy, repetitive, basically all the reasons MMOs in general dying/dead. They'd rather just dome people in R6 and I honestly am starting to agree with them.

You look for new MMOS in 2024 there's really nothing, it's all garbage.

Anyhow THOUGHTS FROM THE DEV of VZTZ REBORN.
Old 08-29-2024, 02:17 PM
Orc

https://discord.gg/wTsXpYUFXc

CROWN ME SKEETER TAKE DOWN YOUR BOT ARMY AND LET IT DIE.
Old 08-29-2024, 02:22 PM
Orc

If people want advice on what they can do for EQEMU and their fav childhood game is -

Join my Discord, play VZTZ Reborn casually and think of it as community building. If the box gets big enough it will spill out into Red99.

ROT is too secluded/weird/seasonal/instances/bots/spyware/grindfest etc. I won't play it so I can't really say much about it, I played like level capped classic ROZ, very poorly looking/working boxes that felt really like an image/dev box and nothing like Red99. It has no hope.
Old 08-29-2024, 02:36 PM
Orc

I just don't think your average person wants to install spyware programs that monitor their computer to play some custom EQPVP shit. Maybe I'm wrong.

That's our biggest feature IMO, Titanium/p99 Spell files, you're good to go. Red99/VZTZ Reborn compatible with each other.
Old 08-29-2024, 04:38 PM
Senior Server Guide

Greetings!
Congratulations on your sever! Please do not use our forums as a meeting place to discuss topics related to your project. There are many avenues that will better help facilitate those discussions. It appears you have a discord server, please move all conversations to that platform. Safe travels!

Ambrogio
Senior Guide
Project 1999