Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-27-2015, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

Default Eye of Zomm

After experiencing Eye of Zomm on P99, I realized a lot didn't match up with my experience using one on Al'Kabor which had a lot older client/mechanics than Titanium, so I did some digging and I saw this gem of a thread. It confirmed a few of my experiences from Al'Kabor as being classic mechanics.

Monkly Business Guide 2001

The issues with P99 eyes:
  1. It moves WAY too quickly in lava or water. It should be slow as a 0 swimming skill player when in liquid.
  2. The effect can be clicked off. It shouldn't be click off able, this makes it far too powerful with almost no draw backs. It either needs to die or expire naturally for the effect to end. Ability to click off returned in September 2001 patch.
  3. Eyes should leave corpses (they invisible but are targetable with /tar Eye or a sense corpse spell.). The corpses can be looted or bind sighted to.

Quote:
Eye of Zomm summons a “roving” eye, that the caster can see through. The duration is 30 seconds. The eye can move at normal speed. It can open normal doors. It can drop down any height without taking damage. It cannot jump. It can swim, but with a skill of 0 (ie, VERY VERY VERY slowly). It does not drown, and does not take damage from Lava.
Quote:
You cannot click the effect off, so if you want to cancel the effect you cannot unless the eye agro's something and dies. And 30 secs is a looong time when you want it to go !
Quote:
Once in Eye mode, you cannot swap view (ie, to 3rd person view), but you CAN swap before casting. In this case you can actually target the eye yourself, and then attack it yourself. Beware though, if you do this the Eye does not disappear but "dies". You will be stuck in Eye mode, unable to move yourself, OR the eye for the 30 secs duration.
Unsure how to interpret this. Is this only in the case of you killing the eye yourself? Only if in 3rd person?

Quote:
Once cast, it wont go for 30 secs unless killed by a mob. So I sometimes went to pull, cast and half a second later the party was jumped by a pop or agro range add. All you can do is wait it out, as you cannot move. In these situations, FD and move the eye to the party so as to not agro any other mobs and to keep an "eye" (sic) on the parties progress.
Quote:
Actually, there is a way.

Have someon kill your eye, and then immeadeately loot it. Once they loot it, the corpse is gone and you are back in control.
Quote:
As most recent patch you can now click of the Eye.

In PoA, you can navigate the eye up and down.. no gravity effects.
Aren't Eyes not usable on P99 in PoSky?? I'd be curious to hear more about this because vertical movement in Sky sounds fun.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

So, 6 months until current mechanics minus swim speed?

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 10-27-2015, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Currently you cannot see others eyes move around either. It's impossible to click on an eye you have to use /target.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, 6 months until current mechanics minus swim speed?
And it should leave a corpse always.

September 11, 2001 Patch Notes

Quote:
Beneficial buffs that don't have an ability drain component on them can now be clicked off.
To elaborate better on when the Eye effect could be clicked off.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After experiencing Eye of Zomm on P99, I realized a lot didn't match up with my experience using one on Al'Kabor which had a lot older client/mechanics than Titanium, so I did some digging and I saw this gem of a thread. It confirmed a few of my experiences from Al'Kabor as being classic mechanics.

Monkly Business Guide 2001

The issues with P99 eyes:
  1. It moves WAY too quickly in lava or water. It should be slow as a 0 swimming skill player when in liquid.
Might help to read/bump this: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113306

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Last edited by maximum; 10-28-2015 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: [/QUOTE]
Old 10-28-2015, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't Eyes not usable on P99 in PoSky?? I'd be curious to hear more about this because vertical movement in Sky sounds fun.
Custom99 improvement
Old 10-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Tangent, but read this thread from nilbog about PoS and Eye: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=106118

Feel free to bump that one, too.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 08-25-2024, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

BALANCING ISSUES - WIZARD
EYE OF ZOMM
These eyes only have a swim skill of 1. This makes them very slow swimmers, and not useful underwater. Is this intentional?
Last Modified on: Monday, February 19, 2001

Further evidence for slow swimming eye of zomms.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung