Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-18-2024, 10:38 PM
Sarnak

Surely you cannot deny that shamans have a synergy with melee classes. Shamans have sta/str/agi/dex buffs no one else has.

The 6 player group has 3 out of 6 characters who have a melee synergy with shamans. The 4 player all-caster group has zero characters who have a melee synergy with shamans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to explain why a Shaman/Enchanter combo suddenly doesn't work in a four player caster group, but it works fine in a six player group.
These aren't the right claims. It's not "suddenly doesn't work", it's "is less valuable than some other class". It's not "works fine", it's "provides more value than any other class in this spot".

Troxx (or anyone) has to explain why a shaman is the best choice for that sixth spot in a six-player group with three melees, but is not the best choice for the fourth spot in a 4-player all-caster group. A suitable explanation is that when you add melee classes, shamans become better.

I'm not sure what Troxx would say, but I bet it's similar to my answer.
Old 06-18-2024, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Troxx (or anyone) has to explain why a shaman is the best choice for that sixth spot in a six-player group.
Indeed. That is what we are asking. We need to determine why Troxx has a discrepancy in his assessment of Shamans, and what his thoughts are about Shaman/Enchanter synnergies.

Then we can decide if his logic of why a Shaman doesn't work in the four man group has merit.
Old 06-18-2024, 10:56 PM
Sarnak

The "discrepancy" is that when you add melee classes, shamans become better.
Old 06-18-2024, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "discrepancy" is that when you add melee classes, shamans become better.
That is not Troxx's opinion, that is your opinion. I am asking for Troxx's opinion. Once we get that I'll be happy to discuss this point.
Old 06-18-2024, 11:09 PM
Kobold

Somone is obsessed with this "Troxx"
Old 06-18-2024, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by questever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somone is obsessed with this "Troxx"
The opposite is true. Troxx attacks me in any thread I respond in, even when he has nothing to say on-topic.

I have to specify who I am talking about, or Troxx will twist my words and lie about what I've said.

I never do this to him, and would be happy to see him stop acting like this. Then people can actually have normal discussions without thread bloat via insults and silly gifs from Troxx.

I hope one day he will let his obsession go.

Bcbrown is a bit obsessed over me too. He has a strange habit of mostly responding to my posts. He doesn't really talk to other posters, and will always tend to agree with specific posters like Troxx. It is an interesting pattern.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-18-2024 at 11:36 PM..
Old 06-19-2024, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

people actually do multi-box the forums
Old 06-19-2024, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

oh yeah boys 500 pages here we come

the true end game answer for named snipes is cleric / enc / enc / wiz without a doubt - there is zero room for debate on this one

i think the more interesting hypothetical is if this group is building a stable of characters and wants to use 4 unique classes

its still obviously enc + cleric, could argue mage for coth bot, necro for corpse summon bot, druid for port/potg bot, etc

cleric / enc / druid / necro would make for a bonkers chardonk crew...you could XP in there from 52-60 and make some sweet monies along the way while keeping it spicy / challenging / fun with basically zero pain on wipes

save the shaman for when this hypothetical group of friends wants to do another melee-focused round of 4: shaman + bard + monk + whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 06-19-2024, 07:43 AM
Planar Protector

The interesting thing about wiz / dru is they have so much overlap you’d think they’d be in competition, but actually they end up synergising okay.

I reckon with the no pockets / no dupes stipulation cleric / enc / wiz / dru would be really decent … if planar animals were a little bit more animal charmable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-19-2024, 08:52 AM
Kobold

Would the answer to the prompt change if PvP is involved? I know eq pvp sucks in general but would any specific classes or combos open up if we add pvp as a factor?