Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 06-16-2024, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmove_broke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to assume people rmt here. I mean how would you even catch it unless someone tattled and showed actual receipts? If it is taking them 6 months for item reimbursement I have to imagine someone who RMTs will never get caught
the GMs care more about killing RMT than dealing with user error
Old 06-16-2024, 11:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmove_broke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not think it would be a bad idea to rework epics so they add more steps but make the items more attainable. The server does not have to follow classic 100%. If it was you would be playing in a tiny window at 640x400 and staring at your book till lv 35. Even Diablo 2 after 25 years made a few QOL changes and added items
I'm fairly sure the devs aren't even active anymore on P99 so that's a pipe dream. I'll say it again, if you want mage epic join Castle. They prioritize Hate and other epics in general over BiS mobs like Doze/Vulak etc, unless it's a quake obviously.
Old 06-16-2024, 03:56 PM
Kobold

Joining castle means you have to be in castle tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-17-2024, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I do not think it would be a bad idea to rework epics so they add more steps but make the items more attainable. The server does not have to follow classic 100%. If it was you would be playing in a tiny window at 640x400 and staring at your book till lv 35. Even Diablo 2 after 25 years made a few QOL changes and added items
That gets patched out during the classic era FYI. And on Green there was spellbook meditating until level 35 during the period of time that it existed in the classic patch timeline.
Old 06-17-2024, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I have to assume people rmt here. I mean how would you even catch it unless someone tattled and showed actual receipts? If it is taking them 6 months for item reimbursement I have to imagine someone who RMTs will never get caught
New account bashing the server and staff. Which recently banned user are you?

Similar to item reimbursements, the RMT bans tend to come in waves. RMT is pretty easy to spot. I won't go into full detail about how I assume they do it, in case it gives out info the staff don't want people to know. But it's not hard.
Old 06-18-2024, 05:55 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New account bashing the server and staff. Which recently banned user are you?

Similar to item reimbursements, the RMT bans tend to come in waves. RMT is pretty easy to spot. I won't go into full detail about how I assume they do it, in case it gives out info the staff don't want people to know. But it's not hard.
Someone is big mad. Yikes. Nobody is bashing anyone. I am pointing out that staff is buried in reimbursements 6 months out. I have to assume they would simply look at someone who traded an item for nothing or for little plat or an item not of equal value. However with all of the tickets it will be hard for them to catch it unless they were monitoring it closely.
Old 06-18-2024, 05:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That gets patched out during the classic era FYI. And on Green there was spellbook meditating until level 35 during the period of time that it existed in the classic patch timeline.
When people are stuck using classic UI let me know. Because that is as classic as anything.
Old 06-18-2024, 05:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm fairly sure the devs aren't even active anymore on P99 so that's a pipe dream. I'll say it again, if you want mage epic join Castle. They prioritize Hate and other epics in general over BiS mobs like Doze/Vulak etc, unless it's a quake obviously.
I do not need a mage epic but some of the epics are just crazy to obtain. Make the epic process twice as long but not require raids where 20 people are rolling on the same thing.
Old 06-18-2024, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
When people are stuck using classic UI let me know. Because that is as classic as anything.
On Green (at first after launch) you were limited to a single UI skin. It wasn't quite the same as the original UI, for technical reasons, but it was very similar.

See: https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_UI

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Castle going for Vulak on quakes?