Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 06-15-2024, 01:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recently watched a 6 year old Youtube series about starting fresh on p99 where he made a warrior and farmed all the normal items that used to sell to other players very well. Do these still sell as well? I am conisdering either blue or green server.

Items like:
--orc and gnoll scalps from HPH
--Left ears
-- leather padding
--Spider/spiderling silks
-- temper and dye ingredients

Thanks
My advice is hold on to your memories and don’t take the servers too seriously. The most recent(Green) has been at the end of the classic timeline(Original-End of Velious) for close to two years; Blue for much longer. Finding groups that will do anything other than want you to fly through 1-60 and/or play their innumerable guild maintained bot accounts is going to be your biggest hurdle if you came to relive the old days.

If that’s appealing though, welcome! There are some who stay in East Commonlands tunnel whose sole existence now is to buy/sell/resell/repeat also. Send the ones you see often a tell, maybe someone will help you get in sync with what is in demand and help you to flip your first Gauntlets of Fiery Might in to a Tranquil Staff.. Somehow.. Lol.
Elijamonk-Mnk
Wardru-Dru
Healerious 52 Clr
Hollowpointe 50 Rng
Aahwego 46 War
Old 06-15-2024, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

My advice is

1) Don't make a warrior unless you for X reason REALLY want to. The class is weak without super gear and even then very niche and only really useful for raiding and the occasional group (which there aren't many of).
2) Farm bonechips wherever you can, use plat to buy better gear in east commonlands tunnel.
3) Ignore advice of making a "farming character" first if you're semi- or straight up casual. It takes a LONG time to make any character profitable in EQ.
Old 06-15-2024, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Back in 1999 there were easily 10x (20x? 50x?) Warriors vs. P99 ... and the all started untwinked? Every last one! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What you're really saying Toxigen is that you choose what to do in your free time based on whiny internet strangers ("twink melees bitches"). I mean, you do you, but I still think that's bad advice, and people should play the game they want to play regardless of such "bitches".
I was one of those untwinked Warriors. My main during Classic to Velious on live was a troll warrior who mostly soloed.

That is one reason why I ended up choosing SK for my original main on P99 though. I understand the struggle Warriors have while leveling.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-15-2024 at 12:15 PM..
Old 06-15-2024, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was one of those untwinked Warriors. My main during Classic to Velious on live was a troll warrior who mostly soloed.

That is one reason why I ended up choosing SK for my original main on P99 though. I understand the struggle Warriors have while leveling.
To be clear, I'm only advising playing a Warrior (or any class) when someone wants to. And someone who wants to easily solo to 60 doesn't want to play Warrior, because it's the epitome of a grouping class.

Advising them of that is like telling someone who wants a fast Street Fighter character to avoid Zangief (ie. good advice). So if what OP truly wants is a soloable melee character, everyone should suggest an SK (or Monk, or whatever) ... or at least they should if the OP asked for class advice (which they didn't).

But if someone says "man, I watched these great Youtube videos of Blanka back in the 90's, so now I'm going to go load up an emulator and play Street Fighter 2", you don't tell them "Blanka is a trash character and if you pick him you're playing the game wrong, so what you really need to do is play Ryu for 10k hours ..." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-15-2024, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

At this point in the server's life, an untwinked legitimate newb player on a Warrior is likely to be gifted several thousand plat worth of items by level 20, simply by grouping with the alts of established players. Just a few pieces of Cobalt/Crusty armor, SCHW, HP rings and a couple of those super cheap but very solid Warrior-only weapons will make an enormous difference.
Old 06-15-2024, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

Seriously

All these min max and or gear based discussions miss a vital point

if you suck, you suck

if you are good, you are good

spoiler. if you need advice on what race class to play, you are the former
Old 06-17-2024, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Back in 1999 there were easily 10x (20x? 50x?) Warriors vs. P99 ... and the all started untwinked? Every last one! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What you're really saying Toxigen is that you choose what to do in your free time based on whiny internet strangers ("twink melees bitches"). I mean, you do you, but I still think that's bad advice, and people should play the game they want to play regardless of such "bitches".
hate to agree with something Toxigen said, but this response is basically a snarky comment that completely ignores the point. Everyone is twinked on the servers now. As a warrior your job is to hold aggro. If you're not twinked you won't hold aggro over the twinked DPS. No one on P99 at this stage is a fan of having to root every mob and keep it rooted just so that the warrior can keep aggro. Groups will not be thrilled and you will not enjoy your time on the warrior.

I also mained an untwinked warrior back in the day, so speaking from experience lol.
Old 06-17-2024, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hate to agree with something Toxigen said, but this response is basically a snarky comment that completely ignores the point. Everyone is twinked on the servers now. As a warrior your job is to hold aggro. If you're not twinked you won't hold aggro over the twinked DPS. No one on P99 at this stage is a fan of having to root every mob and keep it rooted just so that the warrior can keep aggro. Groups will not be thrilled and you will not enjoy your time on the warrior.

I also mained an untwinked warrior back in the day, so speaking from experience lol.
So OP should go play an Enchanter he doesn't want to play for a year to fund a future Warrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]?

Some people are too immersed to remember that P99 is a video game. "Don't play the video game you want, play something else for a year first" is bad advice for any game.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Root

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-18-2024, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So OP should go play an Enchanter he doesn't want to play for a year to fund a future Warrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]?

Some people are too immersed to remember that P99 is a video game. "Don't play the video game you want, play something else for a year first" is bad advice for any game.
People are giving him advice on how to make a warrior actually viable and playable.

"I want to play this" doesn't really work when the class is totally broken and not able to function without gear, because DPS is its aggro generation and no one wants to have to root every single mob so the warrior can keep aggro.

By all means, "play what you enjoy" and you will quickly not enjoy the warrior without some gear.