Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 05-24-2024, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

OP didn’t say BiS.

If those are the rules, sure, I’ll take a 30k dkp Abashi monk.
Old 06-04-2024, 09:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A ranger with Ntov weapons, BFG, dark cloak of the sky, Earthcaller, Tolan BP, Tolan bracer is a completely different class. I’d still enjoy a basic ranger but the flexibility of a top tier one is notable. Especially with wolf form, 8dmg arrows and meme disc dps for 2mins.

Monks and warriors scale the best with top gear but they are pretty damn great with the basics too. A IFS or Peacebringer monk at 60 with a very easy epic is a solid melee for anyone.
Nope my ranger has all that and she is still shit. A basic ec gear monk with fungi can tank just as well or better. She does look good though.
Old 06-04-2024, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope my ranger has all that and she is still shit. A basic ec gear monk with fungi can tank just as well or better. She does look good though.
EC monk isn’t doing 100dps on Vindi with a meme weapon and making rogues justify what went wrong.
Old 06-04-2024, 11:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EC monk isn’t doing 100dps on Vindi with a meme weapon and making rogues justify what went wrong.
yeah but your meme weapon isn't obtainable by most people, you could twink out an entire character for the cost of it
Old 06-05-2024, 01:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
just admit you are wrong about the ranger comment cuz u dunno what ur talkin abt
Old 06-05-2024, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah but your meme weapon isn't obtainable by most people, you could twink out an entire character for the cost of it
Less than an AoN. I paid 60k two years ago.

If someone has a turtle belt and a CoF they could have a BFG.
Old 06-05-2024, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just admit you are wrong about the ranger comment cuz u dunno what ur talkin abt
Wrong about the tanking or the dps? I’m not saying a ranger can take a hit.

Topic is what classes geared shine above their EC counterparts. OP even says “non tank”. I’d say a 100+ dps ranger classifies as a contender for that definition. Also being attainable for a casual player.

Read the first post and try again.
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-05-2024 at 01:33 AM..
Old 06-05-2024, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

A near bis monk is like 5 other classes combined in dkp.
Old 06-05-2024, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric duh. Get self heal or mana proc stick. Atonement wand and pacifi clicky. Cloak of flames. Tash stick. Donals Etc etc and you can slowly butt surely kill things. It's not impressive. Butt compared to a naked Cleric. Pretty amazing.

DI Warhammer probably isn't in era butt also fantastic.
Old 06-06-2024, 06:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
A ranger with Ntov weapons, BFG, dark cloak of the sky, Earthcaller, Tolan BP, Tolan bracer is a completely different class. I’d still enjoy a basic ranger but the flexibility of a top tier one is notable. Especially with wolf form, 8dmg arrows and meme disc dps for 2mins..
Those gears don't make them a completely different class, they are still shit and gimp, so you are completely wrong. The minor dps boost from raid gears don't mean shit when you still lose 50% tanking a dark blue.

Obviously you don't have a ranger in that calibur, yet you try to sound like you have the experience to share.

and wolf form...LOL