Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 05-21-2024, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

I feel that rangers get the biggest upgrade from gear. Monks mitigate damage well regardless and have so many options for weapons that they will out dps most warriors/rangers and some rogues. They are solo beasts already.

Rangers on the other hand are weak dps and have terrible damage mitigation. They are relatively poor soloers but if you get them some high end items, they can increase their damage output and mitigation to levels that rival (decent) geared monks.

Fungi tunic
Earthcaller/swiftwind
Dark cloak of the sky
Quest some HoT armor and BoBs
ToV main hand weapon and you’re set.
Old 05-22-2024, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

id take a full bis monk over any other class any day
Old 05-22-2024, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

A ranger with Ntov weapons, BFG, dark cloak of the sky, Earthcaller, Tolan BP, Tolan bracer is a completely different class. I’d still enjoy a basic ranger but the flexibility of a top tier one is notable. Especially with wolf form, 8dmg arrows and meme disc dps for 2mins.

Monks and warriors scale the best with top gear but they are pretty damn great with the basics too. A IFS or Peacebringer monk at 60 with a very easy epic is a solid melee for anyone.
Old 05-23-2024, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

I've never heard of a well geared ranger doing anything particularly cool solo or in raids, but would love to hear stories.

Trueshot / BFG dps on certain raid targets is a fun party trick, but is there anything else?
Old 05-23-2024, 10:33 PM
Aviak

not many mentions of casters here, and there isn't really a specific scenario in which this gear dependent character is being used for in the original question, so i'm going to throw a curveball here-

enchanters are probably the most broken class in this timeline. however, there is a very noticeable difference between a 60 ench with non-raid gear vs epic + raid gear and quested spells.

for example- 60 ench with epic + zlandicar's heart + boon can sustainably kill seafuries, chain pulling, with zero downtime.

if your goal is to have a character that can endlessly farm plat solo, i'd say ench or necro is the way to go. shamans are a close second, but certain endgame items are way more expensive for them as opposed to an enchanter. however, being a neckbeard in the top guild and getting a pass on selling raid loot is obviously going to outweigh any class/gear combination if acquiring platinum is your goal. if it's just cool factor and not the ability to solo things, i'd say ranger or paladin.
Old 05-24-2024, 12:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not many mentions of casters here
Speaking for raiding, without the various clickies and banes wizards are pretty useless as DPS outside of the 32k dragons.

Of course the TLs and kiting roles are not gear dependent at all. Though with ring 10, zlandi and a couple AOB items you could kite vulak guards without losing hp to acid jet, which would be a flex.
Old 05-24-2024, 01:24 AM
Sarnak

A tunnel-geared enchanter can solo the hardest mobs in the game that are possible for anyone to solo. Especially when you have clickies like wand of allure and maybe a reaper charge.

I've never played a raid-geared enchanter but I imagine it would be a bit like playing my own enchanter only with PoTG and symbol, etc. So way more tanky, take less damage/survive on charm breaks and a bigger mana pool/more mana regen with FT8 so you can cast costly spells like rapture, etc. when needed. Way more efficient -- all else being equal. An average player is only going to be an average enchanter, I don't care what gear they have.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

BFG and Trueshot gives a ranger 2 mins of rogue like damage. Not a good use on AoW but lots of raid targets which are valid for use and are burn down fights. Vindi or any 32k hp and under targets.

With ToV weapons they can do status-quo monk dps. Self hasted to 91% with the cloak. Able to slow raid mobs with an EC or Swarmcaller (but in my experience most who try use an EC).

It’s less that the toys make the class broken-good. Just more flexible and actually solid. A base one with basic stuff is far less capable where as a monk with a PB or EC geared epic rogue is very performant on the parse. Knights can get a Reaver or Narandi for like 6k.
Old 05-24-2024, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A tunnel-geared enchanter can solo the hardest mobs in the game that are possible for anyone to solo. Especially when you have clickies like wand of allure and maybe a reaper charge.

I've never played a raid-geared enchanter but I imagine it would be a bit like playing my own enchanter only with PoTG and symbol, etc. So way more tanky, take less damage/survive on charm breaks and a bigger mana pool/more mana regen with FT8 so you can cast costly spells like rapture, etc. when needed. Way more efficient -- all else being equal. An average player is only going to be an average enchanter, I don't care what gear they have.
near bis enchanter is just basically giving you the keys to pilot your enc blackout drunk

btw i dont care what a ranger can do you're not matching a BiS monk no matter how hard you try

pick any class to be full BiS and its monk by a mile...or warrior if you're into tanking
Old 05-24-2024, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As a nearly bis enchanter, this is pretty much it

I usually play other games while I wait for my charm pet to kill stuff and I just tab in if charm breaks

If I'm alittle worried about dying ill just swap to doze buckler instead of eon
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior