Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-20-2024, 06:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game routinely glitches for people over 250ms latency.

I can lose a bag by looting too fast on command. It's pretty repeatable. I've lost hosh staffs and epics and manastones etc in the past.

I've sent fraps to devs. They just say nah, cant happen. Reimburse the stuff and move on.
I'll just say I'm extremely skeptical of all of this.

You lost a manastone cause of a 250ms latency? How? The cooldown on other people being able to loot that corpse is 2 minutes.
Old 05-20-2024, 06:13 PM
Kobold

I remember the good ol days of ultima online, where you could literally scam somebody out of everything they have by just lying and the gm's would say it's part of the game. Cause it is.

We forget/forgot.
Old 05-20-2024, 06:40 PM
Kobold

EQ's broken and poorly coded quest system isn't more hardcore, it's just more bad. Even in an IRL actual fantasy world (like, you know, where perma death would be a thing) the person wouldn't just blindly take the wrong items for no reason then stare at you and not give them back. Maybe if they were an evil/scheming character, but somehow i doubt that's Yeolarn Bronzeleaf of Felwithe and the vast majority of all quests. So I don't really see a good reason to praise anything about EQ's broken quest system other than purposely celebrating bad technologically deficient design being tedious and unforgiving for zero lore or gameplay reasons.

Corpse rotting you can argue is a gameplay/lore thing I suppose. But on the other hand it's the easiest task in the world for low level guides to restore and takes up like no fraction of their time so might as well toss people playing this server that bone so they don't quit forever cause they were out of town for a week.

They might want to look into lowering the staff permission level for some subset of restorations if they have a feasible way to do that without creating any issues with security or whatever.
Old 05-20-2024, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ's broken and poorly coded quest system isn't more hardcore, it's just more bad. Even in an IRL actual fantasy world (like, you know, where perma death would be a thing) the person wouldn't just blindly take the wrong items for no reason then stare at you and not give them back. Maybe if they were an evil/scheming character, but somehow i doubt that's Yeolarn Bronzeleaf of Felwithe and the vast majority of all quests. So I don't really see a good reason to praise anything about EQ's broken quest system other than purposely celebrating bad technologically deficient design being tedious and unforgiving for zero lore or gameplay reasons.
Also in regards to items being "eaten" - some hardcores will say 'but classic!', well you know what else was classic? Combining the wrong shit in any container with a combine button and accidentally hitting it. Boom, everything gone.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 05-20-2024, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They might want to look into lowering the staff permission level for some subset of restorations if they have a feasible way to do that without creating any issues with security or whatever.
Filtering tickets through a gaggle of neophytes could be helpful except for the fact theyd have a biased interest in many of the resolutions due to elf pals and elf beefs.
Old 05-20-2024, 09:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll just say I'm extremely skeptical of all of this.

You lost a manastone cause of a 250ms latency? How? The cooldown on other people being able to loot that corpse is 2 minutes.
Yeah ok so the fraps isn't clear enough for you? jesus
Old 05-20-2024, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

There is not a secure way to do this

Anyone with the permission level to restore items could issue scepters of destruction or items from other expansions
Old 05-20-2024, 11:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I drop transfer shit constantly, cause it's way easier than dicking around with guildies or strangers to do it. Just find a spot.

If something goes wrong and I can't log back in fast enough to loot it, that is precisely the price of doing a drop transfer.

I can't believe gm's are doing all this shit.
Exactly why Shared Bank slots are a no brainer

How many things are banned because it leads to GM petitions?

Ban drop transfers, save the GMs their time for more worthy endeavors
Old 05-20-2024, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also in regards to items being "eaten" - some hardcores will say 'but classic!', well you know what else was classic? Combining the wrong shit in any container with a combine button and accidentally hitting it. Boom, everything gone.
The thought of this still burns.
Old 05-20-2024, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thought of this still burns.
we should make P99 require a dial up modem

or, restrict all server traffic to 28kbps per connection