Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-16-2024, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation Waiting for merges and green 2.0?

Consider Tormax.
Old 05-17-2024, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Oh! I’ve seen Tormax mentioned around. It does sound exciting, but I don’t know much detail. Is anyone able to share more about it?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-17-2024, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

It's much like Aradune 2.0 basically normal everquest 25th anniversary server. Launches like 3pst ish on 22 ncd may.
Old 05-18-2024, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Teek, with the Mischief rule-set is more fun.

The random loot thing means camps aren't monopolized, and opens up the game because then not everyone has to go to the exact same zones all the time. I got my AC ring from a named mob in Najena, for example.

There are some exceptions. Circlet of Shadow will only drop off of goblin bodyguards, Fungis only drop off of the king etc, and 1.0 pieces only drop off what they should (though in the beginning of Mischief, I actually got the KC Monk pipe from a namer in the Construct room)

Also, in Kunark era, Iksar planar does drop (as well as re-implemented old quests, and stuff like Veksar launches), and it's all free trade so for one, glorious expansion, Iksar have the best armour in the game, and all the Iksar "epics" as I call them are available as well. Greenmist, Pride of the Legion, Demi Lich Skullcap, Skyiron Cudgel of the Ancients, even the Whistling Fists.
Old 05-18-2024, 07:33 PM
Kobold

I wish the iksar quests were finalized here on p99 but alas, the failure of the past haunts us today
Old 05-19-2024, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...tml?quest=8466

Except for the Iksar Sk/War 2HS, which is a complete joke and I have no idea why they did them dirty like that, all of those are great items, and group questable.

Throw in the Iksar epics, and it's just more good stuff to go around. And these were supposed to be in the game when Kunark launched, they just didn't actually put them in until 2017. (last Iksar epic to be put in was the Warrior one, in 2004, and it was so late in the game that it's actually the only one that is still just Iksar only)

Even the BEASTLORD one is usable by other races.
Old 05-21-2024, 05:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by putrid_plum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish the iksar quests were finalized here on p99 but alas, the failure of the past haunts us today
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-21-2024, 05:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh! I’ve seen Tormax mentioned around. It does sound exciting, but I don’t know much detail. Is anyone able to share more about it?
Need to know what to expect on Tormax?

Standard Time-Locked Progression unlocks—New expansions unlock automatically every 8-12 weeks. (Early expansions unlock more often. Other exceptions apply. The specific schedule is below.)
Experience: Progression standard. It starts off slower than live but faster than EverQuest at the original launch and increases at Gates of Discord, Depths of Darkhollow, and The Serpent Spine. At The Serpent Spine experience is as normal live servers. Legacy Experience is not included on this server.
Focus Effects: Remain unavailable until the Shadows of Luclin unlocks.

Unlock Cadence:

Server launches in Ruins of Kunark
Twelve weeks after launch: Scars of Velious
Eight weeks later: Shadows of Luclin
Eight weeks later: Planes for Power and Legacy of Ykesha
Twelve weeks later: Lost Dungeons of Norrath
Four weeks later: Gates of Discord
Eight weeks later: Omens of War and Dragons of Norath
At this point the schedule becomes consistent. Enjoy expansions for twelve weeks when a new level cap is unlocked, and eight weeks in expansions where the level cap stays the same.

True Box:

This server starts with True Box enabled. You may have only 1 client per computer logged into the server at the same time.
When Omens of War unlocks, the server switches to Relaxed True Box. You may have up to 3 clients per computer logged into the server at the same time.
When The Buried Sea unlocks, True Box will be removed.
Old 05-21-2024, 06:58 AM
Planar Protector

NGL That sounds really good. Thank you for summarising guise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I’ll see id I can pick up a few more bucks for my hobby income to drop a few months of sub.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-21-2024, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

nah lets do footraces for vulak engages til 2027