Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 02-16-2024, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There have to be more variables than that though. It should not be doing 14dps to 2 separate level 60 shamans with one shaman having 103 raw ac and be swinging a 2 hander (ripostes) and the other having 187 raw ac and not attacking while using a shield.

Unless ripostes do not exist (they do) and all our assumptions about ac (raw vs shield) are entirely .. it is not possible.

Unless there was insufficient data from either of us to draw any meaningful conclusion.
I agree our data size could simply be too small.

As for the 80 AC difference, that honestly does depend on the fight. I need to look at the EQEMU formula again to see how much of a difference that could make. AC basically weights the dice to roll more or less max damage rolls than a pure averaged dice roll.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=775

If you look at this post, you will see the Giants rolled on the upper half of the damage table twice as often as they rolled on the lower half. So my lower AC did indeed impact how much damage I took. You should take a look at your damage values and see how many went on the lower/upper table. If it's roughly the same, then I guess 80 worn AC just doesn't shift the weights that much in this specific fight.

You basically just need to count how many damage values you got that were using the first ten values of the damage table vs. how many damage values you got that were using the last ten values of the damage table.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-16-2024 at 07:34 PM..
Old 02-16-2024, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the mob does 14 DPS for 80% of the fight, and then 0 DPS for 20% of the fight, that still averages out to a lower DPS, because you cannot claim that you took 14 DPS for the time when the mob is fleeing. It lowers the average DPS across the whole fight.
I understand the point about fleeing mobs while leveling, but you do agree that in the log you posted the giants were doing about 14.6 DPS to you, not 11.5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There have to be more variables than that though. It should not be doing 14dps to 2 separate level 60 shamans with one shaman having 103 raw ac and be swinging a 2 hander (ripostes) and the other having 187 raw ac and not attacking while using a shield.

Unless ripostes do not exist (they do) and all our understandings about ac (raw vs shield) are entirely false .. it is not possible.

Unless there was insufficient data from either of us to draw any meaningful conclusion.
If you post your raw log, I can take a look, but I bet it will end up being a matter of small sample size. In DSM's log there were two ripostes, and both missed.
Old 02-16-2024, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you post your raw log, I can take a look, but I bet it will end up being a matter of small sample size. In DSM's log there were two ripostes, and both missed.
I posted the raw logs already in my video description. That is the full log for the video, there was nothing trimmed in that file. You are correct that there are no hit ripostes in the logs, which is why I didn't include them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand the point about fleeing mobs while leveling, but you do agree that in the log you posted the giants were doing about 14.6 DPS to you, not 11.5?
It depends on what context you are referring to. If you want to say they do ~14 DPS while attacking, and ~11.5 DPS over the entire fight when taking into account fleeing, then sure. As I said before, I think we were both correct. Yourself and Troxx simply aren't taking into account fleeing, which needs to be taken into account. In a 4 minute fight if you deal 14 DPS 80% of the fight and then 0 DPS for 20% of the fight, that is: 192 seconds x 14 DPS = 2688 damage / 240 seconds = ~11.2 DPS.
Old 02-16-2024, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
We all know that regen is the best choice for a class that converts hp to mana and more efficiently converts that mana back to HP.
Agreed.
Lol i actually took a screenshot of that! The original post before you can retro-edit it!

Thank you for agreeing with me.

Regen is the best choice for any class that converts hp to mana and can turn mana into hp. If I’m not mistake … that’s also a shaman!

I win!

Saving all of the above for posterity! Thank for finally agreeing!

Checkmate!

#winning
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-16-2024, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=52

Lol i actually took a screenshot of that! The original post before you can retro-edit it!

Thank you for agreeing with me.

Regen is the best choice for any class that converts hp to mana and can turn mana into hp. If I’m not mistake … that’s also a shaman!

I win!

Saving all of the above for posterity! Thank for finally agreeing!

Checkmate!

#winning
First: wrong thread.

Second: The thread is about Necromancers, not Shamans. FSI is better on Shamans because they get Torpor, and Necromancers do not.
Old 02-16-2024, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

No no no…

No takesies backsies!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

TALLY HO!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-16-2024, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No no no…

No takesies backsies!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

TALLY HO!
There is no taking back anything. You are simply grasping for straws, as usual. If I wanted to specify Shamans, I would have specified Shamans. The thread in question is about Necromancers. That is what I was referring to.
Old 02-16-2024, 08:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It depends on what context you are referring to.
Maybe I can rephrase the question. In your four fights against mountain giants that you posted earlier, what do you calculate the DPS value to be, and over what time frame is it calculated?
Old 02-16-2024, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Maybe I can rephrase the question. In your four fights against mountain giants that you posted earlier, what do you calculate the DPS value to be, and over what time frame is it calculated?
I already gave you the answer. Continuing to do this kind of posting doesn't help your position at all.

By the way, do you concede that you were wrong about the Scourge DoT Damage? Clearly it's higher than your prediction, and overall Blight, Hammer of the Scourge is doing well above 2.2 DPS total.
Old 02-16-2024, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

You're including about 5 minutes of time spent canniing and torporing without combat in your DPS calculation, and if you don't see the problem with that, so be it.