Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Aviak

no pvp on a box named eqpvp.com, sadface
Old 06-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of the above is why I have no interest in hosting a server or wasting my time developing it.
If you had source that would make you as stable as p99 so you can get off the ground the right way, you would be singing a totally different tune.

For example, every new EQemu server that has ever came out (that mattered) has never had Quillmane working within the first month. Not even P99.

Why the shit does every person who wants to run an EQ server have to fix the SAME EXACT SHIT that has plagued every single new Emu server? We have no options because of it. People like Vile don't want to deal with that bullshit. People with tremendous ability don't even want to take part in it because of the greedy nature of bug fixing. Why spend 2 years wasting your life on problems that have been fixed over 20 times in the past year? It makes no sense, even with someone with great ability.

When you crowdsource issues, exploits, bugs, spawns, droprates, etc all these problems become the past. Because of the greed and stupidity, we have absolutely no options to play on a legitimate server.

Can't wait to play on the next pvp server where staff and shit code result in a terrible play experience.

Put Red99 in beta, we have been playing on worse piles of shit and love every second of it.
Last edited by Salty; 06-25-2011 at 05:09 PM..
Old 06-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you had source that would make you as stable as p99 so you can get off the ground the right way, you would be singing a totally different tune.

For example, every new EQemu server that has ever came out (that mattered) has never had Quillmane working within the first month. Not even P99.

Why the shit does every person who wants to run an EQ server have to fix the SAME EXACT SHIT that has plagued every single new Emu server? We have no options because of it. People like Vile don't want to deal with that bullshit. People with tremendous ability don't even want to take part in it because of the greedy nature of bug fixing. Why spend 2 years wasting your life on problems that have been fixed over 20 times in the past year? It makes no sense, even with someone with great ability.

When you crowdsource issues, exploits, bugs, spawns, droprates, etc all these problems become the past. Because of the greed and stupidity, we have absolutely no options to play on a legitimate server.

Can't wait to play on the next pvp server where staff and shit code result in a terrible play experience.

Put Red99 in beta, we have been playing on worse piles of shit and love every second of it.
Although i do not like you personally i think what you have said is a really sad and little known fact that really should have more light shed on it. You are absolutely correct - Take Project 1999 for example, I understand that people like Nilbog and Karnas put years of their lives into the code of our box and how much effort they have put into it but what is really the point if you don't use the code to further the Eqemu project as a whole? Imagine what kind of great balanced, stable servers we could have other then Project 1999 if Rogean/Nilbog shared the code. They are great people and Nilbog is a great developer and project manager but i do not understand this whole developer isolation thing.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6/24/11

Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much summed it all up. Well said ^
Old 06-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

glad i quit this shit box at level 4
Old 06-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

signed
Old 06-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Banned

I had some fun on Stasis, wasn't a complete waste of time and got my EQ fix in while I wait for red99. I don't think Image/devnoob were totally awful gms, they helped fix/patch a lot of shit and were very active with the server.

Doesn't make much sense to me to ban someone over nuking behind a zoneline even if it was intentional, as far as im concerned in-game mechanic exploits shouldn't even be punishable - delete the progress/remove anything received patch it and move on. Duping is possibly an exception to this as I'm sure there are a few others, regardless I won't be wasting anymore of my time on little emu projects with no credible staff - tired of low population shitty servers that are destined to be turned off.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but i do not understand this whole developer isolation thing.
Don't play stupid
Old 06-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of the above is why I have no interest in hosting a server or wasting my time developing it.
Imo lend your services to the greater good of red99
Old 06-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

yea image and his guys were doing a good job, but their true colors showed forth on how they are blue at heart and gave in to constant petitions when someone dominates the pvp aspect of the game. Then banning for someone getting feared behind a zoneline and nuking back is just drop dead laughable. There is no future for "pvp" on that box thats for sure. I'll defintely still log on and train people tho for a few minutes a day they got that going for em.
Closed Thread