Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Need a Bladestopper to pull PUG groups in High Keep
Old 12-24-2019, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being responsible for your mobs is the old rule. The new one is to not stand in the pull spot.
I love regime changes.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-24-2019, 10:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't seem normal to me that the pull from mob spawn point to your camp spot, should be directly through someone else's camp spot. I'm confessing my ignorance of Highkeep camps, but can't think of an analogous situation in other zones. Why not kill him in his room?

Like pulling from Frenzy room past a group camping Sentinel? Pulling Hag Tower downstairs past the Fireplace group? Pulling from the CB tower out past TR group?
It would be like a group setting up below the scryer in guk when your group is set up in the scryer room. You pull from below scryer and they are right in the pull path and will get agro if they are sitting. Then complain you "trained" them.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeshan31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would be like a group setting up below the scryer in guk when your group is set up in the scryer room. You pull from below scryer and they are right in the pull path and will get agro if they are sitting. Then complain you "trained" them.
In matters like this it's basically a /petition race to determine the winner.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-24-2019, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The funny thing is Boshinko is a completely different camp from Nobles, I don’t see how pulling him through another person is kosher it sets a really bad precedent but highkeep is a special zone. Being responsible for your own trains is a clear cut rule...However,it’s not hard to communicate with the people who are camping Fulton and others camping blayle bc you will be pulling through those lower lvl camps each and every time you pull boshinko. Just make a macro that sends them a tell “Hey pulling Boshinko please stand for 15 seconds to avoid social sit aggro.” You will then prevent training them, and build a nice rapport of not being an ass clown.
Yeah, it's just greed. Plain and simple. Pulling a mob half way across the zone through potentally several other people without building sufficient threat. It boggles my mind that a GM would side with this kind of behavior.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, it's just greed. Plain and simple. Pulling a mob half way across the zone through potentally several other people without building sufficient threat. It boggles my mind that a GM would side with this kind of behavior.
If you have a good nobles/bards group, then just killing the nobles/bards isn't enough mobs. I pulled Boshinko plenty of times from 44-50 at nobles/bards and never had him attack another player during the pull.

I did babysit him past people and didn't have any special ed people sitting along the pull path. That is all that's required; both parties not being retarded. Which, admittedly, is sometimes a lot to ask for in HHK.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

My favorite is the pull every guard that’s up on your way to tag lady McCabe then train back down again through everyone to nobles and then blaming the 3-4 separate groups you steamroll for being in the way, even if these train “pulls” every 6 minutes don’t kill people camping 2nd, 3rd, 4th it completely fucks up gameflow, usually meaning having to rebreathers guards or lose a spawn or two to someone else who happens upon your ruined camp(especially true for 4th floor mobs).
Old 12-25-2019, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

*rebreak
Old 12-25-2019, 11:08 AM
Aviak

I can’t wait for ZEMs to get fixed and this become a non issue.
Old 12-25-2019, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Hell I've been accused for training on a lvl 1 assling Thex rogue. Do the math on that one eh? Not the brightest bulbs there, despite their belief that the path to enlightenment lies in the magic exp tunnel.
Closed Thread