Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not have the time nor the coding ability to make my own Classic EQ server.
Should probably be:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not have the coding ability to make my own Classic EQ server.
It's obvious you have a LOT of time on your hands.

Anyway I'll let you get back to comparing yourself to doctors and physics professors.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In each of these examples you discuss changes that would either under/overpower or remove an intended dominant role for a class
No I don't? You have completely misunderstood everything I've said if that is what you've gotten out of what I've been posting.

Giving Druids the ability to heal better would hardly remove Clerics as the dominant healers in the game. Clerics have CHeal. CHeal will always be necessary for killing bosses and it will always be an amazing spell that will outstrip a Druid, by far, in efficiency for top-end content. Plus, Clerics get rezzes. Increasing the healing power of Druids would simply make it so that more content in the game is playable without bringing a Cleric; it would still be a weaker option in most cases than the Cleric for the content I am talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and talking about Wizards doing 1/5th of the damage melee is doing? That's a remark bordering on absurd, and demands parsed logs.
Yes it is absurd...but that's simply how it worked in post-Original EQ at the end game. If the Wizard had a bard on the team doing nothing but spamming mana song then it helps, but even then, he'd still be doing simply pathetic DPS over time in comparison to fully hasted and geared Rogues/Monks. I'm trying to think where a good parse might still exist within the internet archive...perhaps it would be easier for a top guild on this server to do one instead.

Quote:
And taking pets away from Shamans? Your arguments make absolutely no sense, especially where you talk about the pet being a slap in the face to INT casters. I'll tell you right now: Necros and especially Mages don't give a shit. Yay more pet DPS. I'm so sure that all the necromancers and mages are offended that a puppy is in the group/raid doing nice extra dps. Wizards are nuking things to death, and again, really couldn't care less.
The INT damage casters (those who care about these things in the first place, in any case) certainly care that a Priest class, who has some of the best buffs/debuffs in the game and heals, is able to match or EXCEED their DPS.

When you are always losing spots in groups because your class is deemed weaker in nearly every given situation possible, it's definitely a problem. People want to be able to log on and find groups for their few hours of nightly play. They don't want to feel completely uncompetitive and inferior.

The Shaman pet is not "the problem", though, which I've said over and over and over. The pet is simply something the class shouldn't have in the first place (because of flavor) and, given how the class is already superior in comparison to many other classes even WITHOUT the pet, it just makes them that much stronger when they don't deserve to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As indicated by...ideas I've been sitting on for years that I took a bit of time to post and then some extra minutes out of the day to write responses on the forum? Excuse me for being able to write lengthy, informative posts off the cuff.
Last edited by Zuranthium; 06-01-2011 at 12:04 PM..
Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Aviak

I usually stay away from bitch fighting, whiners, and sterile talks about who has the bigger balls, why, and what should be done to solve the issue, but I'm a bit drunk atm.

My 2cp:
1/ a possible solution to the class balancing problem would be to create a mix of SK, ROG, CLR, WIZ and shaman and remove all other classes;
2/ there is a chinese proverb saying: "if you're an ass in the game, you'll be an ass on the forums";
3/ I wish there would be some mecanism similar to Windows GPO to enforce some user names in ignore lists;
4/ never post when drunk, you could regret it.

Enchanter, The Northern Wind
Last edited by epicentre; 06-01-2011 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: typo/syntax
Old 06-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicentre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3/ I wish there would be some mecanism similar to Windows GPO to enforce some user names in ignore lists;
not sure if you're saying you want a 'forum user ignore' function, but if so it is already available. http://www.project1999.org/forums/pr...?do=ignorelist
Old 06-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

As indicated by...ideas I've been sitting on for years that I took a bit of time to post and then some extra minutes out of the day to write responses on the forum? Excuse me for being able to write lengthy, informative posts off the cuff.
No, I was referring to the amount of time you are able to spend in game judging by your character progression. Although the walls of text on the forum certainly helped corroborate my theory.

Either way there isn't a point in arguing with someone like you, and in the long run this whole thread will just fall to page 3184 of server chat obscurity, to be later necro'd by nalkin on its 1 year anniversary so we can all say "wow, remember that tool? Wonder where he went."
Old 06-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I was referring to the amount of time you are able to spend in game judging by your character progression.
If I am focusing very intently, and only casting/moving inbetween med ticks, it takes me 2.5 hours at most to gain a level (aside from hell levels). Soloing. As an Enchanter.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Kobold

Even as a Wizard, the most crapped on class in this thing, I would still be happy if they implemented two or three things; Harvest, Wizard Critical Hits and/or Breeze.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Banned

Its not about balance its about being skilled... People need to think outside the pixel a little bit. One of the best players I've met was a ranger... You know why? Because he knew his strengths and limitations and utilized himself to become more than sub par dps. What it comes down to is a) are you a good player b) can you play your class within the bounds of what's expected and c) can you adapt to new or unforeseen encounters in ways that are unexpected... If you answer yes to all of these questions then you will excel in this game no matter what class you play. No amount of balance arguments can explain away being a shitty player
Old 06-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Excuse me for being able to write lengthy, informative posts off the cuff.
Lengthy? Yes. Informative? ROFL
Old 06-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
This:

Should probably be:

Anyway I'll let you get back to comparing yourself to doctors and physics professors.
He doesn't know how to code a damn thing, yet apparently him commenting on game design is akin to a doctor commenting on health or a choreographer commenting on dancing.

Come on, give this dude who has no clue what he's talking about the respect he deserves!
Closed Thread