Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

I hope the start due date runs over and people can't just quit their jobs on the day it launches <3
Old 04-28-2019, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vade700 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are people so obsessed with being able to get a guise or not? I have seen this same sentiment shared by at least a dozen people since the Green server teaser. So what if you don't get a chance to get one of these items? If you don't have an opportunity to receive one of these items that will be perma camped will this really affect your gaming experience so much? Maybe I'm just failing to see the reasoning but I just don't understand why you would A) think it would play out in any other way considering this is a non instanced MMO where all the sought after items/camps have been known for over a decade and B) complain about it or let it affect your decision to play on Green. Do you have a chance to go and camp a Guise on Blue server? No. Is Blue server a fun place to play? I'd say so personally. If you disagree I don't understand why you're on the Project 1999 forums to begin with. I don't mean this as an attack on anyone I am actually genuinely perplexed as to why this would affect anybody's decision on whether or not they'd roll on Green.
F getting a manastone or whatever other soon to be unavailable item on Green. Seriously? If that is all you care about you are an idiot. I am just thankful to finally be able to play on Classic, I didn't get on Live til Velious and didn't get on Blue til Kunark. Pras to the devs for all of their hard work.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:52 AM
Large Bat

is this just another way for the guild(s) to get stronger?
Old 04-29-2019, 12:53 AM
Large Bat

when they merge the 2 servers will sleeper be up?
Old 04-29-2019, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Good time to learn how to spell.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good time to learn how to spell.
I wondered when someone was going to mention that.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lists are one of the biggest problems. Once you have a camp you can hold it forever...you can't force your way into owning a camp by getting on a list unless the holders screw up. (And before someone chimes in with the rules about the lists, the rules actually don't require someone to pass the camp to someone merely because they have been waiting there --- de facto, the camp can be held FOREVER by a guild that passes to each other permanently.)

Don't believe me...wait until you see what happens to manastones.

Unfortunately, this is also apparently classic.
I'm pretty sure that's not classic. They just don't want to put in the guide/GM manpower to remedy the situation. Back in the day, guides would force you to "play nice" if you couldn't come to some sort of agreement over a camp and they would come up with an agreement for you.

Holding a camp eternally is lame as can be.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:23 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure that's not classic. They just don't want to put in the guide/GM manpower to remedy the situation. Back in the day, guides would force you to "play nice" if you couldn't come to some sort of agreement over a camp and they would come up with an agreement for you.

Holding a camp eternally is lame as can be.
yeah the gm's were awesome. they always showed up invisible and observed if someone was being toxic, shit talking someone, ks'ing, or generally just behaving badly and dealt the hand accordingly. they also refunded your items if you made a mistake handing them in, and reversed trades if you ripped someone off from what was agreed upon, and even revived you if you died from environmental problems that were not intended, aka bugs.

i still remember a lot of these instances to this day and i have not played an mmo where the GM's and guides were so helpful and active and there are many fond memories because of it.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talinthis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah the gm's were awesome. they always showed up invisible and observed if someone was being toxic, shit talking someone, ks'ing, or generally just behaving badly and dealt the hand accordingly. they also refunded your items if you made a mistake handing them in, and reversed trades if you ripped someone off from what was agreed upon, and even revived you if you died from environmental problems that were not intended, aka bugs.

i still remember a lot of these instances to this day and i have not played an mmo where the GM's and guides were so helpful and active and there are many fond memories because of it.
I don't think the Druzzil Ro GMs did any of this. Most of the time they weren't there. If you were lucky enough to get a response: Logging in lost at sea after being disconnected from a boat ride? Working as intended. Lost XP or item to a bug? 'Bug is unverifiable'.

I ended up moving to Lanys Tyvl as I had friends there.

The really interesting thing with p99 is a lot of the players seem to come from servers that had active GMs that ran events and provided customer assistance when the game went wrong.
Closed Thread