Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another dumb “camp” that shouldnt be and wasnt always considered a camp right here on p99.

Bad example.

DS used to never be a camp in Kunark like ever, you show up and out maneuver the enchanters trying to solo it. If they engage it first, grats.
Incorrect, or at least IIRC Loraen respected my camp of the room during Kunark when I did DS for the solo artist challenge. Now that i think about it I don't think that the time I cleared the room was actually the time that I succeeded on the kill though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peener [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is DS treated differently? Is it just the variance?
Pretty much, at least with variance on VT/VD there is an item that falls outside of the general ideology of what constitutes a camp. With DS I cant really think of any good way that you could define her outside of a normal camp without redefining what a camp is. If she had an FTE message, if she had variance, if the Lucan rule didn't exist, all of those would create a point to argue from, but as it stands she falls very clearly into where the rules of the server have been at concerning camps for at least the last few years.

Even before the Lucan rule people bitched constantly about King Tranix being perma camped too now that I think about it, and I'm 99% certain the campers won that argument because crowns were like 50k at one point.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:26 PM
Fire Giant

can we cry about anything related so we can have extra advantage? Shady and Angry are understandable, this one you gotta own the camp and not hope for a player agreement on everything or just buy the loot rights if you cant compete.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Can someone make a spreadsheet for all the player agreements so I can keep track? At some point I'm gonna get banned just for loggin in somewhere at the wrong time.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone make a spreadsheet for all the player agreements so I can keep track? At some point I'm gonna get banned just for loggin in somewhere at the wrong time.
WTS player agreement spreadsheet 50K

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 03-08-2019, 11:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One could even argue that clearing the golems in DS's room is simply just camping the stupid Mortiferous Protector and does not give you claim to Drusella as that would be camping two things at once. Typically when you are camping two mobs at once and someone shows up to lay claim to one of them, you are forced to choose which one of the mobs you want to relinquish as you cannot hold multiple camps at once.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Mortiferous_Protector

The problem with this is that the players do not want you to view the act of clearing the room as them camping two mobs ( Drusella and the MP ), they want the MP to be considered equal to the trash since his loot is not good ( druid boots ). Think about how Crypt in Sebilis plays out when a group clears in only to find a shaman soloing the Hierophant room only. They typically are forced to take the rest of the spawns leaving the Hierophant room alone, but if the shaman moves away from the room that group will most certainly pull the PH or named if its up.

So again, people are picking and choosing how the camp rules get applied and thats the inconsistency Im pointing out.

Happy Friday everyone.
It's hard to tell in that screenshot, but that's the back room of East by the portal not near Drusella's room. Point being, Mort Protector isn't a static spawn and he doesn't share a spawn with any of the other East named mobs, so it's not like any of the other HS named camp. That would mean at least 10 spawns between the entrance to Drusella's room and the zone out could be considered Mort Protector camps.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's hard to tell in that screenshot, but that's the back room of East by the portal not near Drusella's room. Point being, Mort Protector isn't a static spawn and he doesn't share a spawn with any of the other East named mobs, so it's not like any of the other HS named camp. That would mean at least 10 spawns between the entrance to Drusella's room and the zone out could be considered Mort Protector camps.
That's true but it doesn't change the fact that killing the golems in DS's room is closer related to camping the Mort Protector than doing anything that affects what is going on at DS's spawn point aside from the simple 'clearing of the area'.

So since P99 allows for the clearing of non-PHs equals giving right to all npcs that also spawn in the vicinity of the mobs you are clearing in special cases but not all, DS is currently campable it seems.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

This is pretty lol. Thanks

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 03-09-2019, 01:42 AM
Banned

Wtf
Old 03-09-2019, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
That's true but it doesn't change the fact that killing the golems in DS's room is closer related to camping the Mort Protector than doing anything that affects what is going on at DS's spawn point aside from the simple 'clearing of the area'.

So since P99 allows for the clearing of non-PHs equals giving right to all npcs that also spawn in the vicinity of the mobs you are clearing in special cases but not all, DS is currently campable it seems.
Dude Drusella's room has a convenient mechanic where there are level appropriate mobs to kill to clear the area. It's very convenient. Why argue against it?

It's not the same as other rooms where the rooms are empty or there aren't level appropriate mobs.

Emptier spaces can be FTE. This is a campable spot. Put in the work. If anyone wants to get insane about spending 24 hours there, that's their time to waste....
Last edited by Teppler; 03-09-2019 at 11:59 AM..
Old 03-09-2019, 12:34 PM
Orc

Seems like most of this servers problems would be resolved if Kelz was kicked off they server
Closed Thread