Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Orc

what about a single file line of players most people see the situation and leave people that want the camp should just stay there. maybe even form groups and try to agress the mob before the campholders as by the current server rules?

players can make a single file line screenshot and then post pic on forums that lets the order. if the group camping needs an additional player to kill the mob they have to take SOMEONE from the line (not the last in line) if not they can 1 try to kill the spawn anyways if they wipe they lose the camp?

players should single file line infront of the camps and just let them know "hey im here and i got dibs when your done NOT your friend"
Old 04-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
solution: red99
God I get tired of reading this bullshit in every thread about pve issues...

If anything, pvp server will make a guild even more of a requirement for holding camps, and make it even harder for a loner to get a shot at high value camps...
Old 04-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think its an issue of not understanding Vendar. She and I, and quite a few others simply completely disagree with you. The game as originally designed and envisioned was about many kinds of play group, solo, guild. As it progressed, SOE began to cater more and more to the same kind of guild mentality that you are expressing here. We all know what happened eventually.

One aspect of play - the guild aspect - should not be able trump the others in every given situation just because a guild wants it to. I can understand some competition at the guild level for raid bosses, but I can't support the effort of guilds banding together to monopolize content that doesn't need a guild or a raid to kill. Droga is primarly group intended content, though skilled soloists of certain classes may also manage it.

EQ was designed to be a cooperative multiplayer game. In my opinion, this "locking down" goes contrary to that spirit. It's selfish and mean. Not "mean" like "cruel" - "mean" like "small and debased".

Oh and by the way, the fact that someone disagrees with your point of view does not mean they are "crying". I shoudn't have to explain that to a mature individual.
99.8% of Droga is completely and utterly uncamped. No one is depriving anyone of the ability to XP and rake in the random drops if they are in the zone.

Of course, if you are completely distraught because the one or two items you are seeking in the clear back of the zone is camped 24/7, then you must have not zoned into Lower Guk in the last 12 months...

The Idol of the Thorned will always be there, and the CoS isnt getting 'nerfed' for months. These items will eventually be 100% available to all, but even without guild interference, the camp will be 'camped' 24-7.

If you wanted to be proactive, just roam around the zone and kill goblins.. I'm sure there's someone in EC or Droga that would be willing to swap you their CoS for an Earring of Essence or Gauntlets of Potence, both of which drop randomly throughout the zone. Since ReasonableHumanBeings(tm) wrestled the original camp from TMO, stuff hit the open market at very reasonable prices. You could easily be getting XP in Karnors or Seb or Chardok or CoM or wherever and grind up enough cash and items to score a CoS in likely the same (or less) time than it would take you to camp the dang thing.

Or you could sit in RnF and see how much closer that gets you to your goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

Yesterday my mage friend and I were again spending our day in Droga when we found the CoS camp empty for the first time in weeks. We buffed and made up his pet, cleared the left bodyguard room and just as we were finished I was nuked by an add for the last bit of my health, and he had to gate.

By that time a group of the guild Divinity had arrived and must have seen what had happened. Euron sent me a tell and let me know he'd hold our room for us until we got back. Once my mage friend and I invis'd down and got to our room, Ninik (I apologize if I spelled your name wrong!) gave me a 90% rez and even buffed us AND the mage's pet.

Not only did we split the camp (we had the left room, half of middle and they had everything else including Rokgus) but they were civil, pleasant and extremely cooperative. We were able to spend the entire day sharing the camp.

Each group got one CoS by the time the server restarted for the second time that day and the Divinity group went to join a guild raid.

My mage friend and I both got a CoS by the end of the night, and by the time I left, the group had merged with the only other group in Droga who had asked to be in line for the camp, three people our level who were in a lower level guild.

I am very grateful to Euron, Ninik and the other members of Divinity. They were all exceedingly pleasant, cooperative and hospitable. They let us share the camp, something that we haven't been able to do since we began our adventure in Droga about a week ago.

Not only did they handle this the way I would have hoped a higher end guild in this community would, but they exceeded my expectations. The members of Divinity in Droga really went above and beyond to accommodate us lower levels in this very popular camp!
Old 04-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not everyone in the world is a greedy elitist like you and your guild
dont get angry pal, no need for such harsh language. and just so i understand you, you're saying that anyone that prepares a strategy to obtain items ahead of time instead of assuming things will be open when ever the fuck i feel like strolling into droga is a greedy elitist like me and my guildies? amirite?

get a fucking life kid (or go play WoW as im sure you would cum in your pants for instanced dungeons or any other EZmode feature)

/puke
Old 04-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well after reading this I sure am bummed. I was figureing to get up to high enough level on my iksar necro to get over to the CoS camp and eventually get one before the nerf.

Seems that if its true that multiple guilds have designs to pass off to each other that the only hope is that the drop rate is quick enough for them all to get satisfied before the nerf time comes. Maybe then I could get in.

But.....then comes the "lets sell it" bunch. Between the guilds equipping their own, and stocking up to sell at the eventual inflated prices I just dont see my pickup group self having much of a chance. Bummer.

I will still go over there when level appropriate and hang around looking to join the group though. Who knows maybe 1 out of 100 times they will let me in.

What is level appropriate for that camp anyway? Group of low 30's? Mid thirties? It was never camped when I started playing as it was allready nerfed.
do not be bummed, but do not act like your entitled or owed anything either (not saying u are, just sayin). I'm sure everyone will be able to camp a CoS eventually. as far as guilds passing to each other, thats just simply not true as most of the top guilds are in direct competition with each other. Honestly, if i were you, i woulda wait to randomguild001 only has 4 or 5 players in droga and then simply (and politely) ask if you could have a spot on the list in exchange for helping them hold down the camp. I have heard of 3 guilds (TMO, TR, Divinity) that have all allowed non guildies to join the group and acquire their items IF they are willing to help hold down the camp AND wait in line (obviously this means that people who come after you do not cut u in line). the kids that show up and expect to get the VERY NEXT drop are the ones that cause the problem and ruin it for the fine people like yourself.

dont like inflated prices? dont pay them.

as far as levels, i'd guess around 40+

honestly i wish you the best of luck, its a great item and the wait will only make you love it that much more. you'd be pleasantly surprised how far some kind words will get you.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassracerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what about a single file line of players most people see the situation and leave people that want the camp should just stay there. maybe even form groups and try to agress the mob before the campholders as by the current server rules?

players can make a single file line screenshot and then post pic on forums that lets the order. if the group camping needs an additional player to kill the mob they have to take SOMEONE from the line (not the last in line) if not they can 1 try to kill the spawn anyways if they wipe they lose the camp?

players should single file line infront of the camps and just let them know "hey im here and i got dibs when your done NOT your friend"
i laughed so fucking hard picturing 12 players standing in a line like a bunch of complete douchebags. heres why your utterly retarded idea fails.. class requirements dumbass. if you play a warrior and we need a healer, then im not inviting you, period. and if your smart ass reply is something along the lines of ''well then invite the next cleric'' i say fawk that. i would much rather pick a cleric that i know and trust over a stranger. what if Chantel was the next cleric in line? i'd feel safer with effing druid heals and would skip over the cleric in a second.

gawd you are fucking retarded too. go back to playing WoW if u want instanced dungeons so bad, this is Everquest, not EZmode!

thank you for your time, you may now go back to accumulating your tears.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dont get angry pal, no need for such harsh language. and just so i understand you, you're saying that anyone that prepares a strategy to obtain items ahead of time instead of assuming things will be open when ever the fuck i feel like strolling into droga is a greedy elitist like me and my guildies? amirite?

get a fucking life kid (or go play WoW as im sure you would cum in your pants for instanced dungeons or any other EZmode feature)

/puke
no child, you are the fucking scum sucker. Open your mouth so i can shit in it, and you can taste how your brains feels like when they spill out that garbage inside them.

go go play some other retarded game like Lineage or some other garbage, where your fucking attidute comes from.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
(this thread)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlvarex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happened to the play nice policy? If someone comes by the camp and is willing to sit there until you are done, why not let them have the camp?
[..]
Can't we all just get along? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ was designed to be a cooperative multiplayer game. In my opinion, this "locking down" goes contrary to that spirit. It's selfish and mean. Not "mean" like "cruel" - "mean" like "small and debased".
And this.

It's really as easy as that: If someone comes by, and you are in a camp that you can hold with anyone really, invite them into group, let them in line and camp the item together with them. Stop being selfish (or guild-selfish), it's just poor attitude.
Closed Thread