Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for making my point for me. Now they just need to add ooc regen and remove mana loss.
Uhm, then it wouldn't be a classic server. While this is technically classified as a "custom" server based on the definition within the scope of the emulator; this is also a re-creation project for us and as such, features as you've mentioned above will never make it into the server.

I'm sorry you didn't find what you were looking for. Consequently, the stamina code has been disabled for some time now due to inconsistencies in operational effectiveness compared to live. And the book/meditation, well, that is the curse of Titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just stopped by after a couple months on the live servers. I left when the DDS attacks arose. I was also frustrated because they removed stamina loss in combat (which is not classic at all).

In any case, I am glad to see that you guys broke the 500 player mark! Wow! I more than half expected to see it averaging in the 100's or dead because of continuous attacks. I thot EZ server or PEQ would overwhelm it. Not so.

Developers have shown they got big enough balls to keep this thing going for more than a month and even after being assaulted.

Grats.
Hi, I hope you are not the one doing the current DDoS attack.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:07 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
I more than half expected to see it averaging in the 100's or dead because of continuous attacks. I thot EZ server or PEQ would overwhelm it. Not so.
Think you forgot that you're talking bout EQ:classic here, most addictive version ever!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2010, 04:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpf2010 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think you forgot that you're talking bout EQ:classic here, most addictive version ever!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, gotta chase that dragon!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, I hope you are not the one doing the current DDoS attack.
If that fixed the complete removal of stamina loss, hey I'd take the blame. But, sorry to spoil your moment of fame. I have nothing to do with it. I am what I am and I say what I say. Unlike many of you, I try to be honest. As Eomer said in The Two Towers: "the Men of the Mark do not lie, and therefore they are not easily deceived."

The removal of stamina loss does not deceive me. It's not classic. May as well go ahead and add ooc regen because that's the direction you're going. People are already wanting you to remove the timed npc teleporters between freeport and faydwer. Adding boats would make no difference. People don't want to wait 15 minutes. Can't you see people don't like corpse returns? I guess it's time to add POK and corpse summoners. While you're at it, go ahead and add pots too. Add the new models. Just scrap the whole server and make it PEQ.

You'd think that with all this people would be playing on the live servers.
Last edited by stormlord; 02-28-2010 at 04:42 PM..
Old 02-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Items with endurance were added following the discipline changes in planes of power. It was until that time that the stamina bar did truly affect the above listed stats. HOWEVER, what was not mentioned was the fact that aside from Jumping & HP/Mana regen, if you have over 100 stamina then you simply ignored all the other detriments of stamina loss.

Just out of curiosity, this got disabled like 2 patches ago I think. Any particular reason you keep talking like it is currently active? It is obviously under review for a fix, but until then it's just been disabled sans jumping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Last edited by Aeolwind; 02-28-2010 at 04:33 PM..
Old 02-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Project Manager

Stamina loss is one of my personal highest priorities for the source guys. Certain people think its important; others don't. Since it was part of classic, it is on the list though.

The server was launched with it in place, but as it was completely fabricated, it needed additional tweaks and testing. It wasn't regenning stamina at anywhere close to the correct rate.

The quick fix? Disable the *stamina* drain until we can fix it properly. I'm pretty sure this is the only server around where we even tried to fix it.

I played a paladin prekunark, and I know fully well why we need the staminaslayers in Kunark, and why Invigor and Zing need to be usable spells. It's not an easy task though, so I hope you guys don't think we just "turn on stamina loss: YES", as its nothing like that.

If something isn't working, don't assume that's our intent. :T
Old 02-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Here's one of my posts about it:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...0&postcount=11

(It's interesting that some mobs cast a stamina debuff - in this case making it 0)

Don't read my post. Read what the links say.

The problem with what you guys are doing is... instead of starting hard and lowering the pressure as time goes by, you're starting easy (no stamina loss) and attempting to go hard (stamina loss). People will react negatively to a stamina loss system now that they've grown used to not having to worry about it. You're pressing yourselves into a corner and making it worse, imho.

Couldn't you have had a simple look at the code and made an adjustment? The code is probably somewhere in the combat or event code. I'm a programmer and have had the chance to see actual code for an mmorpg (i made it so that how much fatigue you lost was based on your weight). While it gets very very confusing and takes a year or two to get used to code (actively working on it), if it's properly coded it shouldn't be too hard to find the formula. That's better than completely removing it. IMHO, completely removing it is worse than reducing it downard (reducing how much stamina is lost when you swing a weapon). Completely removing is the larger change. In evolutionary terms, it's how big the change is that matters, not what the change is.

Big changes mean extinction. One thing leads to another. In my case, I felt disgusted that you so easily removed a classic feature. It just gave me another reason to go back to the live servers. I know I'm only one example, but that's 1 player you lost as a result of rushing into things.
Last edited by stormlord; 02-28-2010 at 05:16 PM..
Old 02-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Well, I probably would have quit if they didn't do *something*, (the current situation representing an imperfect but pragmatic temporary measure) so my being here counteracts your leaving [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The Vampires in Mistmoore were among those that cast the stam debuff, weren't they?

Danth
Closed Thread