Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Eh maybe some other game? EQ doesnt seem like your cup of tea
Old 02-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The crux of the issues seems to boil down to "I might have to work to do stuff". Well, yeah. EQ is generally not an EZmode MMORPG like modern ones can tend to be. No one class excels at everything, because you're meant to be part of group generally.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
I played on release, up to release Lucin (I didnt even own velious expansion, just kunark )

I was able to pick a class EASY back then ; TUNNEL RAT. I turned a Silver Serpentine Bracer into around 200k over a few months. Of course I never went outside, or to school (15 in 2000)

Eventually, I had decked out each class and WAS FINALLY READY TO PLAY THE GAME OH YEAH.

I got a few classes to 20's before I would flip to another, but was having a blast, until I let my friend play on my account.

He /petition and would wait for a GM Reponse then just spam Racial/Abuse stuff until he got my account banned. So I Went back outside and it ruined the rest of my teenage years.

Playing p99, someone gave me almost 1kp in free stuff after grouping with me on an alt. I've turned it into a good little fortune so i dont have to worry about equipping anyone ouside of crazy nice stuff.

I just want to do the rest of the game haha. I had A BLAST exploring areas POST lvl 25. I did unrest for the first time ever. I love exploring all the dungeons but HATE being unable to fight in them.

I love difficulty, I have a hard time playing new stuff because of the lack of difficulty. But maybe that is missing a bit from this server. I got really excited when I Saw lazy aggro being added.

I love the game, and its perfect because I never got to play Lucin
Old 02-14-2017, 03:02 PM
Banned

On that note : There are areas I've done so many times its like pulling teeth.

Crushbone : NOT AGAIN PLEASE NO MORE BELT FIGHTS

Gfay->CB->Oasis-> I have done like 100 times.

My necro was different doing FOB, kurns for first time, warsilk woods, (GIANTS SRSLY NEAT) then I made the mistake of heading back to the oldworld trying out stuff and got burned out killing halflings and guards VS giants I suppose.

I have been thinking of maybe Troll or Ogre shaman, I've never done ANYTHING on that side of the world, and Shaman is supposed to be strong in most circumstances (Plus sow to just run away or sow Pots later)

I am leaning towards Shaman, mostly because it will be new and exciting. I've also never really done HALAS or QEYNOS outside of my original EQ characters, and you quickly learn freeport is where the party was
Old 02-14-2017, 03:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My necro was different doing FOB, kurns for first time, warsilk woods, (GIANTS SRSLY NEAT) then I made the mistake of heading back to the oldworld trying out stuff and got burned out killing halflings and guards VS giants I suppose.

I have been thinking of maybe Troll or Ogre shaman, I've never done ANYTHING on that side of the world, and Shaman is supposed to be strong in most circumstances (Plus sow to just run away or sow Pots later)

I am leaning towards Shaman, mostly because it will be new and exciting. I've also never really done HALAS or QEYNOS outside of my original EQ characters, and you quickly learn freeport is where the party was
The only shamans out by Halas and Qeynos are barbarians. Troll and Ogre are still in the Freeport area, really.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Silly Teaj, playing the game is starting a Halfling warrior and then going on adventures to earn your equipment in the field, not taking a fake job flipping pixels as burger grill attendant.

Of course you get bored at level 30 if you already have the best in slot tradable already!
Old 02-14-2017, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Silly Teaj, playing the game is starting a Halfling warrior and then going on adventures to earn your equipment in the field, not taking a fake job flipping pixels as burger grill attendant.

Of course you get bored at level 30 if you already have the best in slot tradable already!
That is true to a degree. What fed my necro initially was loot desire. Having great items then just facing the grind from that point can be rough (doesnt bother me too much)

If EVERYONE was suffering with me , I would see the point of going naked, but this server its not worth it and almost being rude to groups knowing I could be more efficient (like 2-3 times)
Old 02-14-2017, 04:19 PM
Banned

I vote rogue, based off what you enjoyed and what you didnt enjoy with monk, rogue is like everything you liked and none of what you didnt like.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The issue you're running into might be that pre-50 P99 is the most horribly boring thing on the planet and you're repeating it over and over.

Do you have a guild? Join a guild.
Closed Thread