Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamkek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would mean there are many dungeons where lowbie characters will never get an XP rez (such as Unrest). Just a friendly reminder of what you're signing up for.
Rezzes are for the weak. Man up.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

and you know there would just be level appropriate twinked out characters sitting at whatever item, earring of essence would be 15k instead of the 3k, but permacamped by a epic'd out lvl 35 twink instead of a lvl 60 afk.. might be more essence emeralds floating around though
Old 01-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

TLC was awful.

They should have just removed no drop from existence instead and let the invisible hand sort shit out. If someone wants to farm gnolls fangs and sell them to raider alts until he has enough plat to buy his level 25 ranger a SoD, who are we to tell him no?!
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-04-2017 at 05:46 PM..
Old 01-04-2017, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLC was awful.

They should have just removed no drop from existence instead and let the invisible hand sort shit out. If someone wants to farm gnolls fangs and sell them to raider alts until he has enough plat to buy his level 25 ranger a SoD, who are we to tell him no?!
It wasn't awful it was great. What your missing in regards to TLC was almost everything on the TLC server (Firiona Vie) was droppable, exceptions were epics and some quest items, mostly for epics. That meant all the no drop items you can't sell on regular servers you could farm on Firiona Vie and sell. This was the reason why you didn't have twinked alts farming lowbie items, they were farming high level normally no drop items. I bought my 10th coldain shawl and my primals from bazaar.

No drop is not necessary when you have TLC and no drop is kind of stupid. If you kill a dragon and get a better item why shouldn't you be able to sell your old item. Makes more sense that way.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Aviak

This and required, recommended levels are of their worst ideas. Twinking is fun. Removing fun seems bad.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should do the trivial loot code thing worldwide imo.
Pretty sure that as a result of fairly poorly tuned dungeons in general, this would make a fair amount loot almost unobtainable.

Dungeons that start at 25 and having bosses in the high 30's, most of those bosses cannot even be reasonably attempted with a full party until its blue/green to everyone, being multi-pulls and such, resists when things are white+ is just insane sometimes and a few chain resists and you wipe.

Being able to level, then go back into lower dungeons to gear up a bit is one of the reasons I play the game, I like to get gear myself and avoid purchases when possible, but its often completely impossible until the content becomes trivial. There are exceptions, aka, gear you CAN attempt to get while you meet the level requirements, but I betcha you'd out-level (and therefore trivialize) the area before you got the drop.

Higher levels farming is what keeps the cost on these items down as well btw. If a party of appropriate leveled toon DOES want to try and camp something, the high level should leave and allow them to try (or even help them to not wipe they want) and that should be a rule thats followed and enforced, but if we ever get trivial loot code, I know I'll be uninstalling the same day.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure that as a result of fairly poorly tuned dungeons in general, this would make a fair amount loot almost unobtainable.

Dungeons that start at 25 and having bosses in the high 30's, most of those bosses cannot even be reasonably attempted with a full party until its blue/green to everyone, being multi-pulls and such, resists when things are white+ is just insane sometimes and a few chain resists and you wipe.

Being able to level, then go back into lower dungeons to gear up a bit is one of the reasons I play the game, I like to get gear myself and avoid purchases when possible, but its often completely impossible until the content becomes trivial. There are exceptions, aka, gear you CAN attempt to get while you meet the level requirements, but I betcha you'd out-level (and therefore trivialize) the area before you got the drop.

Higher levels farming is what keeps the cost on these items down as well btw. If a party of appropriate leveled toon DOES want to try and camp something, the high level should leave and allow them to try (or even help them to not wipe they want) and that should be a rule thats followed and enforced, but if we ever get trivial loot code, I know I'll be uninstalling the same day.
What dungeons are there like that? Never been in one but I've been hanging out in Najena on my ranger alt, which is probably the closest dungeon to what your describing - lots of greens, lots of light and dark blue, a few even and a red and yellow (named spider and Akkstaff) and I'm doing it solo. A group of 20-30 would be fine in Najena.

As for farmers making things cheaper - that's a bad thing for mmo's. While you might think you enjoy items from level 50+ dungeons at level 20, that ability trivializes lowever level dungeons and lower level quests - why quest a Harvester for your Necro, running all over Norrath, spending a day or two, when you can get a superior item by farming wisps for a few hours.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

Can anyone explain trivial loot for this zone? I'm assuming if for example a level 60 character kills anything in this zone, there is no loot at all?
Old 01-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should do the trivial loot code thing worldwide imo.
Yeah looking back you can see where farming was part of the erosion of classic Everquest. As if the easier outdoor Kunark zones weren't enough of a distraction, being denied dungeon content designed for a group because a high level farmer needed more plat pretty much turned the original dungeons into ghost towns.

LDoN was supposed to address that issue(and a number of others) but future WoW players whined about that too.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtMystium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anyone explain trivial loot for this zone? I'm assuming if for example a level 60 character kills anything in this zone, there is no loot at all?
Anything lore, no drop or magic is destroyed if you don't get experience from the mob.
Closed Thread