Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 02:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also EQ is fun as fuck all the way up through Prophecy of Ro imo. I stopped playing shortly after that. But I think that was 99% cause my friends were pushing me to play WoW with them instead. I prolly woulda stuck with EQ through til SoD when they added mercenaries and destroyed the game. Phinny will be fun for a very long time yet. Lots of new content to enjoy. No 5+ years of Kunark and infinite Velious nonsense. Velious isn't a good expansion. Prolly doesn't make my top 5 even.
Defiant gear was it for me, that was such a "wtf?" moment. Having a BiS set of gear every few lvls was just weird.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Phinny isnt bad its just not for me neither is p99 really, EQ is all about competition not about sharing pixels it has always been like that even back in 1999 they didnt have this instance stuff, not trying to be a downer but I dont give a shit either gonna play uthgard in 2 days anyway enjoy your pixels on phinny il be playing the greatest pvp experience any mmo.
Cool if that's what you got/wanted from it, I liked just grabbing a group and going, or raiding when convenient. Instances instead of competition (don't care what pixels other people have or how many walls they had to stare at for them, not impressed) worked better for me, and I couldn't care less about PvP.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaziel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taking the amount of time that it used to, to do it now, would put me off. Being able to catch up and maybe experience PoP while it's relevant, even if I start in a week or so, sounds perfect to me.
I get that for a lot of people. I think the slow play classic P99 experience is better myself, TLP seems like a sightseeing tour and everyone moves on asap and gets out probably after PoP/GoD.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by colicab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahhhh sooooo excite for PoP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe I'm just too picky and wanted to see PoP again as it was when it was originally released. Someone said they made 80+ AAs in a session the other day.

Well everyone I knew must have sucked because AAs took WAY longer than that to grind out.

Its EQ Lite, I don't really see the nostalgia with so much that's different to the original release.
We just know too much stuff about the game that it's easy to get AA's. Imagine that they added luclin to p99 without nerfing AEs . You know for a fact people would be AEing some zone getting 80+ AA's selling spots like it's chardok all over again. That's just how some people play the game to have fun.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We just know too much stuff about the game that it's easy to get AA's. Imagine that they added luclin to p99 without nerfing AEs . You know for a fact people would be AEing some zone getting 80+ AA's selling spots like it's chardok all over again. That's just how some people play the game to have fun.
Don't mind Swish he's just braindead. I wish I could ignore the quotes when people quote his posts. I can't speak for all live servers cause I know a lot of them were very different. But I can tell you I never ever ever saw people pulling entire zones to 1 spot with chanters doing AE stun rotations and AoEing everything on live EQ. People are just plain better and know WAY more about the game now than they did back then. There weren't any obstacles in the way of people doing chardok or the deep AE groups on live. The idea simply just didn't cross peoples minds or if it did they just couldn't execute it properly. Also it seems to me that people were much less interested in min/maxing back in those days. Maybe a few people figured it out and were doing it in classic but it absolutely wasn't common knowledge like it is today.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:45 AM
Planar Protector

I think my name is trending on the forums today, all I've done is contribute to ongoing discussions like everyone else. Sorry if I made anyone mad, life's tough at the top of the table <3

Min maxing is still a strange concept, particularly with Velious gear...sometimes its nice to see a dark elf/gnome warrior on your travels
Old 01-04-2017, 04:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fennin Ro must have been ahead of the curve in that regard. I'd regularly get invited to AE xp groups on my enchanter during luclin and pop era. Outside KC on the flat area, scarlet desert and fungus Grove were all really popular spots.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get that for a lot of people. I think the slow play classic P99 experience is better myself, TLP seems like a sightseeing tour and everyone moves on asap and gets out probably after PoP/GoD.
It's fucking Everquest dude it's not classic. Why is that so hard for you and a lot of people to understand. A lot of us play there because it offers a different experience than p99.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:53 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
I must admit I love PoP, but PoP as it was during the original live era (and probably on EQ Mac), rather than being full of artificially high XP rates, XP potions, RMT, and other shit.

Don't forget to click that Daybreak button while you're playing, looks great on the UI doesnt it? :s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzavie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of us are ok killing the same orc 500 times instead of 800 times to get a level.

Lets discuss RMT. I just googled Platinum Project 1999....
Quote:
Maybe I'm just too picky and wanted to see PoP again as it was when it was originally released. Someone said they made 80+ AAs in a session the other day.

Well everyone I knew must have sucked because AAs took WAY longer than that to grind out.

Its EQ Lite, I don't really see the nostalgia with so much that's different to the original release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzavie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So AoE for 80 AAs during double EXP is not OK, but paying to AFK EXP in Chardok on p99 is legit, got it!
Still waiting for your insight, Swish.

15K+ posts, I'm sure you have the time.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's fucking Everquest dude it's not classic. Why is that so hard for you and a lot of people to understand. A lot of us play there because it offers a different experience than p99.
This (P99) is the closest to classic EverQuest we'll ever likely to get.

Enjoy your kronos/RMT/instancing/updated zones/boxing/etc if that's what's fun for you. After PoP I think the limited hype for Phinny will be over and everyone will jump on the next TLP they release. I'm happy working on characters here (and raiding, ofc) <3
Closed Thread