Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 05:07 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
go to RiverVale, to the wall...there is usually someone killing guards and they normally leave the wooden shields which sell to vendor for 1p4g each...thats 7p per round...in an hour you can have about 50p. Easy money, and then buy bronze armor in West Commonlands....this is your best and only route for most gear unless you wait for drops in HighHoldKeep/Unrest etc for the same pieces of bronze gear you will be buying
To just expand on this idea a little bit- I wouldn't bother running all the way out there just to find it uncamped. Instead just create a halfling alt, run him/her over to the camping spot and plop them there. This way, anytime you feel like taking a break from leveling, you can just log on to your alt and see if it's being camped at the time. A level 1 halfling can sell wooden shields just as well as a level 10 paladin. Once you've amassed a large amount of pp, THEN you can go to all the trouble of traversing the continent and just organize a hand off.

In fact, if you want to take this concept one level further, RiverVale wall isn't the only place guards are being camped. You can recruit a small roster of low level alts parked in popular guard killing spots, and any time you're bored you can just check each location and see if they're being camped at the time. Between 3-4 parked loot moocher alts, you have a lot higher chance of being able to find somewhere being camped at any time of the day.

Two of my favorite places are troll guards just inside the entrance to Grobb, and high elf guards in Felwithe. Felwithe isn't camped all that often, but it's generally by Necromancers who have low strength and nowhere particularly close they can sell, meaning there is a higher chance they'll let you loot fine steel weapons and not just some lousy shield. Especially when fine steel 2 handed swords drops. Those suckers sell for around 18pp! Those are just two of my favorites, but anywhere you see guards being killed, it will never hurt to park someone there as long as you have empty character slots remaining.

Finally, remember when creating your alt to pick a class and distribute stats to maximize your charisma and strength to make for optimal farming [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-14-2016, 02:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To just expand on this idea a little bit- I wouldn't bother running all the way out there just to find it uncamped. Instead just create a halfling alt, run him/her over to the camping spot and plop them there. This way, anytime you feel like taking a break from leveling, you can just log on to your alt and see if it's being camped at the time. A level 1 halfling can sell wooden shields just as well as a level 10 paladin. Once you've amassed a large amount of pp, THEN you can go to all the trouble of traversing the continent and just organize a hand off.

In fact, if you want to take this concept one level further, RiverVale wall isn't the only place guards are being camped. You can recruit a small roster of low level alts parked in popular guard killing spots, and any time you're bored you can just check each location and see if they're being camped at the time. Between 3-4 parked loot moocher alts, you have a lot higher chance of being able to find somewhere being camped at any time of the day.

Two of my favorite places are troll guards just inside the entrance to Grobb, and high elf guards in Felwithe. Felwithe isn't camped all that often, but it's generally by Necromancers who have low strength and nowhere particularly close they can sell, meaning there is a higher chance they'll let you loot fine steel weapons and not just some lousy shield. Especially when fine steel 2 handed swords drops. Those suckers sell for around 18pp! Those are just two of my favorites, but anywhere you see guards being killed, it will never hurt to park someone there as long as you have empty character slots remaining.

Finally, remember when creating your alt to pick a class and distribute stats to maximize your charisma and strength to make for optimal farming [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I did Felwithe guards I found a dwarf rogue running around who I had pick up everything and go sell it for me, I gave him like 25% of the money, which was quite a lot over time. He was like level 30s so I let him join the group and mooch a little exp too.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:54 AM
Large Rat

A cool thing about Felwithe guards is between spawns you can pop outside and just over the newbie hill and kill any pixie tricksters you see. The last I played pixie dust sold to people for 4pp too.
Closed Thread