Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't true. I'm not even in AG but I've definitely heard of them crawling through ToV to kill dragons during slow server times.

Chest is right that when A/A is on this isn't possible behavior. I don't understand why you'd bring it up, knowing that fact.
They tried to clear to ikitar which is the closest mob to the zone in and still couldn't even get past the hub in an hour which is the server gms established time limit on an FTE.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They tried to clear to ikitar which is the closest mob to the zone in and still couldn't even get past the hub in an hour which is the server gms established time limit on an FTE.
yeah this happened prior to the ridiculous footracing rules. imo if you're gonna do that just permaroot them and have done. there is nothing less classic than the footrace. at least permarooting happened on live somewhat close to this era.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 11-08-2016, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never understood the fascination with clearing trash monsters. It is typically an exercise in not falling asleep at the keyboard. I could be missing something major, but I've personally never understood the appeal.
To me, it isn't a fascination, its the challenge of moving your raid force as one and no one making stupid mistakes along the way. Being a monk, I also miss split pulling I guess. The 'buff your main and park at exit, we'll tweet you when pull about to start' way of doing things just provides an extremely fast turn over (i.e. printing press of pixels).

I really see little difference between Chardok AoE vs. Raid Scene Pulls. I get it, I'm over-simplifying things and thinking in a vacuum (and I'm not a hardcore raider). Like most things, the solution may lie somewhere in the middle.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
some people prefer dungeon crawling to simply "boss mob pulled to group, group kills mob, celebrate rewards". if you're not one of those people you're not going to understand it now. best to accept that others find it enjoyable even if you don't.

those of us who like crawling have a similar confusion about the entertainment value of your preferred strategy, if that makes you feel any better.
I forgot to mention this... I want to SEE the content too! Not just the entrance area. Probably some beautiful zone design tucked away in there somewhere.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I forgot to mention this... I want to SEE the content too! Not just the entrance area. Probably some beautiful zone design tucked away in there somewhere.
exactly wedar. part of why I am playing a pulling class on p99 is because that's the only way to really see all the nooks and crannies of every dungeon.

even with my group I crawl, because they want to see the place too.

I mean, isn't killing trash mobs basically 95% of everquest gameplay? if you don't want to do that how did you even get to 60? it can't all have been chardok cartel pulls.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

The guild leader summit was called as a result of training to ToV ent. We clearly could have fixed this by also moving the racing line up to the stairs. /s

There is no reason every guild cannot just pull to one of the two cubbies past entrance. It has been proven that gating mobs can be pushed there.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never understood the fascination with clearing trash monsters. It is typically an exercise in not falling asleep at the keyboard. I could be missing something major, but I've personally never understood the appeal.
what you're missing is something very major... ill tell you right now if you distance yourself and see that 95% of the server dont play to churn out BiS alts by sacrificing their real life you would then understand why a 2-4 hour crawl during prime time is fun.

/em checks Lowako's pulse

looks like we got a warm body here folks, nothing to see move along.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
yeah this happened prior to the ridiculous footracing rules. imo if you're gonna do that just permaroot them and have done. there is nothing less classic than the footrace. at least permarooting happened on live somewhat close to this era.
No, they did it after the foot race FTE rules were implemented too.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, they did it after the foot race FTE rules were implemented too.
they *tried* to do it after the footrace rules. they *succeeded* prior to that.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what you're missing is something very major... ill tell you right now if you distance yourself and see that 95% of the server dont play to churn out BiS alts by sacrificing their real life you would then understand why a 2-4 hour crawl during prime time is fun.

/em checks Lowako's pulse

looks like we got a warm body here folks, nothing to see move along.
This kinda silly merkk. You are arguing to stop wasting real life time by spending 10-15x more time to down a single target.

The different play style / interest argument makes sense, but arguing that spending more time to kill something is somehow virtuous or saving people time in RL is silly ^^