Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Thx lime, atg, and pals for taking time to pressure for changes to garbage classes.

Opening the door for changes from season-to-season was more important than the impact of the changes. As devs get more in touch with pre-velious custom pvp, things will continue to improve.

Current rate of changes is more than satisfactory.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-16-2016, 03:07 AM
Fire Giant

boxing

server sucks
Old 10-16-2016, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
boxing

server sucks
far from forced, barely anyone boxed pvp last season past level 20. Its like LIME said before, boxes get ripped through. Line up 6 2boxes, 2 decked out guys will knock them down. Dentists didn't box pvp for a reason the competition was too stiff.

I personally don't because killing a box is the same as killing a main. Anyone who said "that's my box" in ooc post-pras got shit on.

Titty didn't box anything ever and was #1 by a lead of hundreds of kills playing a squishy wiz. He might have been a thousand kills ahead, I have no idea I lost track and you stop checking once someone is so far head.

Old 10-16-2016, 03:40 AM
Fire Giant

having buffers boxed takes a lot of the fun out of it for me

You have a chance of catching good players that are not prepared. Without boxing.

In a boxed setting, good players will just shit on the same 80% pool of garbage players. They will rarely ever kill each other.

Another reason why classic eq > better than later expansions. Buffs and clickies get retarded. Well geared players have to stand still for like 2 minutes to die.

Glad you dudes have fun playing that way though.
Old 10-16-2016, 03:47 AM
Planar Protector

Alright you got a point with that on Season 2.

That's how Dentists rocked out until reaching city level and upgrading the city buffers. Full buffers even in the 20 bracket.

Last season, once your city was fully loaded, buffbots were obsolete putting everyone who had a city affiliation on equal footing. The buffs were equal to anything a player had.

This season, the buffs are 50% as good. People bitched about max buffs in the cities and people nuthugging the cities, so the devs nerfed the big marquee buffs. Transferring a lot of power back to the boxers.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thx lime, atg, and pals for taking time to pressure for changes to garbage classes.

Opening the door for changes from season-to-season was more important than the impact of the changes. As devs get more in touch with pre-velious custom pvp, things will continue to improve.

Current rate of changes is more than satisfactory.
Healers got a slight buff, and share pvp points with kills, which is a start. I personally don't think it's enough to fix the dps stacking meta currently but maybe we'll see more buffs. Heals are slightly better but I still expect to see priests lagging in popularity and pvp points.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Healers got a slight buff, and share pvp points with kills, which is a start. I personally don't think it's enough to fix the dps stacking meta currently but maybe we'll see more buffs. Heals are slightly better but I still expect to see priests lagging in popularity and pvp points.
I was hoping to see some kits brought down to level 50 personally.

The buyable PVP item clicks with the kunark spells on them with the recasts was a good compromise for this season. (albeit a lot of the clicks need work and its tough for 1 guy with kids to keep up with the fast rate of development demanded by a box like this.)

Giving shamans heavier dot haste was a step in the right direction. Druids getting winged death is still a huge success (depending on if its scaled correctly, the Luclin spellfile can leave HUGE gaps on winged death that are level-based). The Classic winged death was a fucking monster in 2000, as it was max-cap pretty much instantly.

Don't want to get into too many specifics here.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was hoping to see some kits brought down to level 50 personally.

The buyable PVP item clicks with the kunark spells on them with the recasts was a good compromise for this season. (albeit a lot of the clicks need work and its tough for 1 guy with kids to keep up with the fast rate of development demanded by a box like this.)

Giving shamans heavier dot haste was a step in the right direction. Druids getting winged death is still a huge success (depending on if its scaled correctly, the Luclin spellfile can leave HUGE gaps on winged death that are level-based). The Classic winged death was a fucking monster in 2000, as it was max-cap pretty much instantly.

Don't want to get into too many specifics here.
Winged Death won't be that good here.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

Cool server guys.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

big lime my man
Closed Thread