Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

I tried to read back through some of this, got from page 28 back to page 25 and now feel like i want to unfavourite P99 site from my computer good god
Old 10-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And Phinny isn't even about the pixels, it's getting to hang out with my cool and normal pals that I've known for years and challenging ourselves with the content. I'd never raided Luclin before, seeing that Glyphed Serpent AE in action last night was hilarious. Tonight I'll pop my THO, Grieg, and Acrylia cherries. Luclin has been a blast and we aren't even a week in yet.
Please tell me you had a few DPS who play in first person stay FDed the whole fight because they didn't know what happened... I loved that mob because you got to see who AFK auto attacked.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:58 AM
Aviak

I remember raiding Sssra on live and it was so much fun! All the melee dodging in and out of AE range lol. Some of the fights were so long too and you had to try and stay focused. Battle ressing/buffing so dps could get back in and keep fighting lol. Good times [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2016, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

It's probably slightly undertuned based on what people were saying last night. We came into Luclin pretty well geared though despite being late to the party and we didn't raid for 5 days to let people stack AAs. All of our DPS with crits really mauls shit now.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:03 AM
Fire Giant

First off, I do commend you on a nice well written post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are probably right. Taken would not have gotten the experience inside Temple of Veeshan if it were not for Rampage. Point? I don't see one. I, along with many other ex Taken, are very grateful for the fun we had with Rampage. It's why we thought Awakened was a great idea. Turns out it was.
Sure it was a great idea! IMO it would be a bad idea if someone pulls up along side someone's pinto and offered to give them a Ferrari and they did not take it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taken did everything they accomplished on their own prior to Velious, and even for awhile during Velious. We were very content with our progress. We went from super casual to somewhat casual to somewhat hardcore. Talk about building from the ground up. We competed for what we wanted and didn't ask for hand outs. If we wanted to compete on an FFA mob, we did. If we didn't, we didn't. So, because we didn't compete in the VP shit show, we were not relevant?
Like I previously stated, for me it wouldn't be a problem if you guys didn't act all smug, but that's a topic for another day. Competing and actually constantly killing something is two different things. So why you brought that up I am not sure.

Quote:
I find it funny when people try to diminish Awakened by calling us Taken. Shows ignorance. Anyway, yes, we do kill Fear Golems and VS. Why? Because of Puppet Strings, Amulet of Necropotences, and Gnarled Staves. That's it. We compete on roughly one VS a month. That's about 10% of them. We also normally award these staves to whoever was tracking it. In the past 6 kills, that was 3 Mains. Mains who, as you said, have been waiting for years for their epic. We compete on Fear Golems now that they drop the loot that used to only be on Cazic Thule. This goes back to the point Daldaen made about Veeshan's Peak. There are always going to be highly sought after items that are just too rare to stop going for. Know what the funny part about this is? Aftermath competes on all of these as well. I guess that doesn't play into your motive for posting though.
I was not part of Aftermath. I was part of IB/Rampage. The bad part of Awakened IS Taken. Like I stated before in my post. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have had problems with people on this server. And what do you know, all of them were Taken.

Quote:
Maybe you are misinformed, or maybe you are just spewing propaganda. Either way, the "facts" are that the guild bank was a 50/50 split on platinum. Taken was asked what their bank had, and Rampage matched it. A few months later, Hokushin did add an additional 500k to the bank. For that, and the original split, I (we) are grateful. Never implied we weren't.

Items? I don't believe we got any Bladestoppers from Rampage, as they were all mostly privately owned. Seeing as we have 4 *guild* lockets, I don't believe more than 1 of those came from Rampage, though there are members with personal ones. I do believe we got a decent amount of Prayers from their bank. Probably roughly 50% of our guild ones. Though again, there are personally owned ones.

All of these items, as well as the platinum, we are appreciative of, but these are the facts.
Its possible that some things was exaggerated. But off the top of my head I remember several million platinum, strings, and stoppers.

Quote:
Taken absolutely killed contested Velious mobs. Maybe not ones that were priority to Rampage, though I don't really know, but I didn't know Rampage was the only guild in Velious. Maybe the only dominant one, but that doesn't mean there isn't competition elsewhere.
What? Lodizal (who you still farm every time its about to spawn) Kelorek`Dar & Keldor Dek`Torek? I mean you wasn't killing Klandicar - Zlandicar - Yelinak, anything in ToV? You surly didn't have any major target on farm status. I think you killed KT once or twice. And oh yea you killed Vindi often. Sorry I was wrong, totally forgot you had Vindi on lockdown

Quote:
You are probably right that ex Rampage carried a lot of the weight in terms of strategy and geared players at first. I will say that the tracking load was shared.
Well at least you do admit that, kudos to you.

Quote:
This could be said about any pair of guilds that merged. Rustle would be nothing without the ex IB/Rampage that came back to the game to carry them. Aftermath would be nothing without the assistance they got from Asgard. I don't buy that Awakened would be *nothing*, but I agree Awakened (beyond the fact of not existing, still being called Taken) would not be the top guild on the server. However, at this point, as was said by someone else, Awakened is far from just ex-TRamps. Many, many of our top contributors are Awakened through and through.
FYI Rustle IS Ex IB/Rampage with a few BDA and some newer recruits whom we are blessed to have. And sure, I am sure your Taken guys are helping out more after all my Rampage pals have been carrying them all this time. I would hope they would catch on by now.

Quote:
Finally, I don't know who you are referencing about acting smug, though I am sure, as with every guild, there are smug people in Awakened. However, at this point in Awakened, the success is completely in the hands of Awakened members. I don't think many of us are overly prideful. I believe most of us are just the right amount. As Detoxx implied, every week is a new week. Being great this week has nothing to do with being great last week, or bad for that matter. There are some people who believe we dominate every week, and sure, they are probably a little overly satisfied with our kill lists, but they earned it. They are the ones who make it happen.

In the end, most, if not all, of us are grateful for everything Rampage did for the formation of Awakened, but we have been self sufficient and self accomplished for quite some time.
Good statement and I wont say anything about it /salute

And FYI I have many friends in Awakened. Some of my closest friends in game. But I will admit most are my old Rampage pals. Some Taken people are my favorite, like Rootum for example. Awesome guy whom I love to hang out with.

And we cant forget Sweeni! He is absolutely my best friend in game, I would quit playing if I wasn't able to talk to Sweeni on a daily basis!

In closing I will say even though we disagree on some points, you don't try to spin much. I respect that, and I also respect the fact that you done your best to be honest rather than just tell outright lies. /salute
Old 10-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

^Rustled.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jda23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Speedi is literally half retarded. Should hear the guy talk in Teamspeak.

Dumb guy is too dumb to realize Taken helped Rampage out probably more than Rampage helped Taken. If Taken didn't come over, FAT alliance would have kept dick-smacking Rampage.

Now, go put your helmet on and sit in the corner, Speedi.
Gotta love these anon accounts. Not even worth a decent reply. Take off your tinfoil hat my friend.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

I've always championed rotations, but rotating just the ToV/VP/ST/ring war quadrant wouldn't be anything like the class system, whether staff or player enforced. There's still plenty of other shit in the game you nerds can stare at walls for 16 hours for. There's still Kael, there's still Yelinak and HoT and Velk and the rest of Kunark. There's still fucking Ragefire and Naggy and Vox and the planes. Get your socks dirty on those and let's stop making the end game a complete time-wasting chore and rotate the top of the top. I mean, rotate *something* and just accept the pixel loss and enjoy the free time. This isn't difficult.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 10-04-2016 at 11:15 AM..
Old 10-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not wrong. There's a reason why people are leaving p99 in goddamn droves and it's because they get to the raid scene and peace out. The raid guilds that stick it out are filled with 5+ year investment degenerates too scared to leave their pixels behind. Leaving p99 made EQ fun again. Staying on p99 to raid is just stress and drama and lack of sleep and sociopaths. I got to kill Vulak on phinny! At a convenient schedule! With no sociopaths dictating my fun!

I honestly feel the worst for CSG, forever resigned to do Sky or HoT or Hate/Fear clears because the man children that have been shutting on the raid scene for 6 years can't stand sharing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7mjIgXSjw0

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The only dealings Detoxx ever discusses is more rotations. I am sorry that Aftermath is not winning mobs that require mobilization, but Awakened is not interested in rotating more and more mobs, especially Velious ones. This is and has always been our stance. It was Aftermath's, and Forsaken's, and any other guild's that came before that, stance as well. You just happen to be in a slump, and in turn are pushing for rotations. Of course people will like you for that.
You're literally insane. What mobs require mobilization with this system? None. If it does, were camped there and ready to move on an fte lock out. But go ahead, continue with the propoganda.

My rotation proposals have NOTHING to do with my own guild. I, as CSG and other entities can confirm, have tried to make this a pleasant and opportune place for all top end guilds to play. Tell me, how many mobs did CSG get when we were suspended? Oh, zero. Right. How many did they get when you were suspended? Too many to count. And not just shit mobs, nor were they mobs we made a deal with.
We gave them high value, big target mobs. (Yelinak left up for them, Dain, King Tormax, LtK, amongst others).

We did not bother them if they were contesting something and were there before us. We rotated ST golems with them, we rotated VP with them. Unlike this past Klandicar where it spawned, Awakened left it up and when CSG started to mobilize, THEN Awakened came to kill it.

What did you guys do to try and better the server? Nothing, as usual. All you do is try to have some false sense of domination (See TMO/IB for what domination really looks like) when you simply split majority of all targets 50% with us. Domination cannot happen if there's another force taking half your mobs.

tl;dr:

Awakened tries to spin us wanting to make the server better by saying were only doing it to benefit ourselves when in fact this can be 100% proven false by any negotiations I've had in relation to making agreements.