Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Was it really that bad? I'd been investigating it but that whole "no VR support" thing is kind of a deal-breaker.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was it really that bad? I'd been investigating it but that whole "no VR support" thing is kind of a deal-breaker.
Its a 60$ tech demo. Oh yay look at the quintillion planets we proceduraly generate that are all the same minus a couple of things. Like after playing for only a few hours, i can literally see the same plants and iron node in every review of the game ive checked. You could make an animation of landing on a minecraft world, throw some scifi textures on minecraft and it would kill NMS, thats how bad it is. It does procedural (especially caves) alot better than no man's sky.

The game is basically this: At first you dont have enough inventory slots to go far in space. You grind some slots to be able to mine more fuel, to go mine some more fuel somewhere once you run out of fuel. This is so you can keep running to the center of the galaxy but first gotta get some fuel... Hint: youre gonna have to stop alot to get some fuel.

Its a piece of trash
Old 08-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

shit just realized my pic was of Armada Online, not Armada for dreamcast. anyone try Armada Online?
Old 08-21-2016, 06:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd been investigating it but that whole "no VR support" thing is kind of a deal-breaker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq4IYEO7r-o
Old 08-21-2016, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol i have a feeling that VR tech is about at Sega-CD levels of great at this point
Old 09-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Large Bat

For my space game fix I am currently playing x3tc/ap with the x-tended mod.

Evocrhon Legacy is another great one if you don't want something as in-depth as the x games can be. Plenty of exploring to be done in that.

You can't get out of your ship though.

I don't understand why anybody would want to though, if you don't want to be in a ship you can just play any other kind of game.

Star point Gemini warlords looks interesting too, although it will be extremely simple compared to the x games ect
Closed Thread