Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-28-2015, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as evacs with a set destination instead of safe coords.. cast within the same zone, I think you're correct. These are set properly in the spells file, but will likely need more work to function in that way.
Any word on this widely used exploit to cross western karana?
Old 11-04-2015, 02:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any word on this widely used exploit to cross western karana?
^^ I don't believe that this is an exploit. I remember casting evac: West on live from the West Karana spire to get people to QH zone line when I was a level 49 Wizard. I believe that is how the spell is supposed to work, if you are at the spire and cast the evac of that specific zone, it should take you to the evac spot in said zone, as noted here: http://wiki.project1999.com/Travel_Guide (for example, Evac: Faydark from the Gfay spire takes you to Kelethin in between the first and pod lifts)

However, I believe the original issue still stands. The example being that if I'm in South Ro (lets say at the gypsy camp) and cast Evac:Ro, it should take me to the south Ro spire. Currently, it will take me to the evac spot in Oasis. This seems incorrect. I believe it should take me to the spire, and then if i cast it again take me to Oasis zone line. I did this a couple days ago as I was trying to pick up someone at the south ro spire, I was at the evac spot in South Ro, and every time I cast Evac:Ro I did not move an inch.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Fire Giant

Evacuate spells with a specific zone attached should only function as a port to that zones spire. It should not take you to the spire on the initial cast from another zone and then function as an evac when cast again from the target zone.

I'm pretty sure nilbog already said they were set to function correctly it just needed some tweaking to get it working correctly. I can guarantee you never did this on live back in the day. Maybe you remember porting to WK and then casting evac.
Last edited by JackFlash; 12-03-2015 at 08:49 PM..
Old 03-06-2016, 11:57 PM
Fire Giant

bumpity....
Old 05-15-2016, 01:32 AM
Fire Giant

wizards can still do this too.....
Old 07-23-2016, 12:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will look into 'left behind'.

As far as I remember, ports should always work, and evacs had a chance of leaving people. Could not be ported while dueling, iirc.

^ That needs researched I guess.

As far as evacs with a set destination instead of safe coords.. cast within the same zone, I think you're correct. These are set properly in the spells file, but will likely need more work to function in that way.

On the topic of leaving people.. did anyone ever see more than one person get left behind? I didn't, but that doesn't mean its not possible. If only one person can be left (including the caster), I'd imagine something like a 6% chance for the entire group; not individually. So.. say it would start port, see if a 6% chance hit, then random someone to leave. Alternately, if more than one person could be left, it would be 1% rolled against each member of the party.

Input welcome.

Also, a random question. Where did the Tolan's Darkwood Breastplate port rangers to, classically?
memories......