Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what is dead may never die.

#GameofThronesreference
*thumb up* Good reference
Old 03-24-2016, 03:23 PM
Banned

box is the way it is because rogean stopped giving a shit in november 2011 when the server launched
Old 03-24-2016, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

It isn't the people, or the server, or the staff. It isn't the static spawns or the release dates of content.

It is the fundamental design elements of EverQuest. What happened on R99 has happened on every server in the history of EverQuest regardless if its on EQ Live or a classic emulator. Regardless of ruleset. Regardless of progression servers that release content quickly or servers like Al Kabor or here that were/are frozen in time.

When your end game content consists of contested open world bosses that do not scale in difficulty and the only limiting factor on how many people you can bring is the server hardware you will get this. Every single time.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
box is the way it is because rogean stopped giving a shit in november 2011 when the server launched
no its terrible because derubael banned nizzar remember

or because empire recruited new players, probably both
Old 03-24-2016, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no its terrible because derubael banned nizzar remember

or because empire recruited new players, probably both
Miss my pal Nirgon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Old 03-24-2016, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It isn't the people, or the server, or the staff. It isn't the static spawns or the release dates of content.

It is the fundamental design elements of EverQuest. What happened on R99 has happened on every server in the history of EverQuest regardless if its on EQ Live or a classic emulator. Regardless of ruleset. Regardless of progression servers that release content quickly or servers like Al Kabor or here that were/are frozen in time.

When your end game content consists of contested open world bosses that do not scale in difficulty and the only limiting factor on how many people you can bring is the server hardware you will get this. Every single time.
is there any MMO that made competitive raiding/gearing/progression AND pvp a balanced thing?
Old 03-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is there any MMO that made competitive raiding/gearing/progression AND pvp a balanced thing?
Wow
Old 03-24-2016, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shadowbane, Darkfall, DAoC, EVE and many more all had/have very strong PVP elements. EQ didn't even beta test PVP.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kringe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Miss my pal Nirgon.
yowl griefing Lil Jibbie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-24-2016, 03:49 PM
Kobold

Expansions break pvp eventually. No matter how balanced it starts (which usually isn't much and favors casters), within a few expansions itemization favors tanks and suddenly they're unstoppable powerhouses.

Yea there were some games with pvp focuses but even those had horrible imbas. Or downright stupid shit like daoc with area mezzes and shadowbane with sb.exe, the OP killer of all.
Closed Thread