Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

Last edited by Daliant17447; 02-04-2011 at 06:46 PM..
Old 02-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Kobold

Also note, that the Hand's loot table is incorrect.

This is what the Hand's loot table should be.
Quote:
Brass Knuckles
Efreeti Battleaxe
Efreeti Belt
Efreeti Dirk
Efreeti Great Staff
Efreeti Long Sword
Efreeti Mace
Efreeti Magi Staff
Efreeti Scimitar
Efreeti Standard
Efreeti War Axe
Efreeti War Bow
Efreeti War Club
Efreeti War Horn
Efreeti War Shield
Efreeti War Spear
Efreeti War Staff
Efreeti Wind Staff
Efreeti Zwiehander
Golden Efreeti Bracer
Golden Efreeti Chestplate
Golden Efreeti Gauntlets
Golden Efreeti Greaves
Golden Efreeti Turban
Golden Efreeti Vambraces
Large Sky Pearl
Wind Etched Boots of Ro
Wind Etched Bracers of Ro
Wind Etched Gauntlets of Ro
Wind Etched Helm of Ro
Old 02-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it should be fixed.

What exactly is challenging about farming DA totems 24/7 in order to have invulnerable tanks for raid content?
Well I think its the main reason they want this mob changed is the fact that their DA tanking strategies isnt working for this encounter. If they really change the eye to be an easy loot pinata -- You can expect camp disputes coming up. I know DA will be camped in sky until kunark if it becomes the easy version.

I think for the sake of the server, it should stay like it is now.

There's other way to kill the mob as it is but it involves a lot of work that we(DA) already put in as we're just inches away from killing Eye of veeshan in its current form.

Also, when was DA tanking fixed? I can foresee problems with Venril sathir being DA tanked like its nobody's business. Let's not make the mistake of dumbing down encounters for the sake of "classicness". Things were fixed for a reason back then on live -- it was for the better.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

It's a tough decision for the GMs to make. If it's not fixed then it sets a precident for raid targets only being tuned to classic when it suits their purposes.

However DA tanking being an option until Velious basically turns the server into a hack and slash game with god mode turned on even though it's technically a classic mechanic.

I would not want to be the person having to make that decision.

(To be clear I am not begrudging any guild for using tactics that are currently available and not considered an exploit. That's now what this is about.)
Last edited by guineapig; 02-05-2011 at 02:35 PM..
Old 02-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I think its the main reason they want this mob changed is the fact that their DA tanking strategies isnt working for this encounter. If they really change the eye to be an easy loot pinata -- You can expect camp disputes coming up. I know DA will be camped in sky until kunark if it becomes the easy version.
That is a whole lot of presumption there. Remember, we discovered what this mob was like 5 months ago, before DA tanking had really come into fruition. At the time, it seemed unclear what the exact problem with the mob was, only that it clearly was not working properly. Now that the problem has been identified, it can be fixed. Whether or not the GMs want to change DA is up to them, I think it trivializes fights so I'm all for it. The zone was, and should be, healable sans overseer, hand, and eye. I know this because we were able to do it.

And while were on the topic of changing mobs in sky, I distinctly remember lobbying to have the spiroc lord retuned before and after we had killed the 450 version. That was to the benefit of your guild. Don't come in here and act like it has anything to do with what your implying or that you even paved the way.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's other way to kill the mob as it is but it involves a lot of work that we(DA) already put in as we're just inches away from killing Eye of veeshan in its current form.

Also, when was DA tanking fixed? I can foresee problems with Venril sathir being DA tanked like its nobody's business. Let's not make the mistake of dumbing down encounters for the sake of "classicness". Things were fixed for a reason back then on live -- it was for the better.
a) You aren't doing anything that we aren't. The only difference is we have DA idols and you don't -- using a cleric to DA tank is the same thing. Don't try to make yourself out to be better than us; we're all doing the same thing.

b) DA tanking was fixed during Velious when people were doing it to King Tormax.

c) The main problem here is not DA tanking. People cleared Sky in classic including mobs that had no right to be killed (Sirran/Inte) just by DA tanking. The main difference here is that back then, people were not pulling bosses down to other islands (at least islands that you could not jump from.)

Bees and Hand are supposed to be the giant cockblocks of sky; eye is not supposed to be quadding for 865 or using a rain that procs every other hit. Don't be stupid. Fix the mob and fix bind sight pulling, and make the whole raid have to key up to 8 to get it.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Skeleton

Can anyone show me any post talking about DA tanking in EQLive at any point?

Or for that matter , patch notes saying anything about DA line of spells other then a stun effect?
Last edited by Shaggy; 02-05-2011 at 04:43 PM..
Old 02-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anyone show me any post talking about DA tanking in EQLive at any point?

Or for that matter , patch notes saying anything about DA line of spells other then a stun effect?
Quote:
JUNE 27, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gameplay Changes:
Aggro Changes: We've made an adjustment to the way that NPCs choose their targets. It's a rather simple change, one that makes a lot of sense. But we want you to be aware of it so that it won't surprise you too much, and so that you won't think that it is a bug. NPCs are now much more aware of the vulnerability (or, more precisely, the invulnerability) of their targets. NPCs will now be very unlikely to waste their time attacking a target that they can't harm.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Skeleton

Thank you!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Bumping due to https://www.project1999.org/forums/s...ad.php?t=95957

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology