Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 04:52 PM
Kobold

Default Howling stones pathing in east wing

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

green dots is where the group was and pulled from.

the named in the center of the room took a completely different path getting to us and trained about 8 more mobs then it should have onto us then the rest of his room. see blue pathing lines.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Orc

8 is probably an underestimate. We had enough mobs there that all I could was laugh as they slaughtered everyone while I jumped down the trap and casted gate!

Glad you figured out what direction it went to bring that mess.

-Jayko
Old 02-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Kobold

That is a bit peculiar. I remember when we did a run through the zone we didn't have that same issue with that room (I'm assuming its the one with the stage looking thing that has a skeleton standing on it). However, I don't remember if we pulled stuff out or just CC'd and rushed the room. Out of curiosity, are there any sorts of broken walls or objects that you can stand on around that corner that would cause things to path a little wacky?
Old 02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Orc

We had a pretty small group and I was two boxing (poorly) so we didn't repeat the issue. I believe it was actually a calm resist that caused the pull. No real different LOS from the named itself that would have prevented it and not the other mobs in room from pathing to us that way that I'm aware of. We did get absolutely smashed from behind, so, was definitely wonky.

We also had a couple instances of a mob teleporting under us because we pushed it into wall with the ridiculous amount of push that a couple melee can do now but that's more a geometry issue than pathing.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Kobold

Almost had this happen again a couple nights ago, its one of the wanderers that pathes through the north door where the named can spawn(star on the map).

Wanderer came through door while i was halfway in the room, when it got into agro range it took two steps towards me then did an about face and started taking the long way to get to me(blue line on Sernitys map), so i had to rush the room to keep him in close range so he would stop running.

I can show you on beta if the above makes no sense to you, seems like its easily reproduced.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:34 AM
Kobold

Bump o rama, still a deathtrap as of tonight!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:56 PM
VIP / Contributor

This was fixed last patch~
Closed Thread