Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What was the 3rd big guild?... and lol at BDA trying to spin a tale about revisionist history.
BDA, Taken, Divinity ?
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Divinity were a big guild? They soon scattered after you accused them of being the first to break the rotation. Who got more applicants from them? You or Taken?
Old 11-13-2015, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize that's a construct of the top tier guilds and not the mid tier guilds right? What BDA and Taken do is a shitty approximation of what Rampage does.

Rampage ripped a Tormax kill that BDA was working hard for. They had two guys get FTE while 70 other Rampage poured into Kael, had their main tank and ramp tank ready to go, plus a functional CH chain all on the fly in under 60 seconds or something.

When you yell at BDA or Taken for choking out new guilds you have to realize that every guild is hardened by dealing with Rampage, or from dealing with each other. There's no slack in the line because that's always how p99 has been, the top guild always does whatever it takes and everyone else is forced to adjust their orbits around the leading guilds gravity.

besides occasional confrontations, can you clue the rest of us into what rampage is actually choking you guys out of on a nightly basis/weekly basis for kills? To the rest of us it looks like there is the absolute top of content that rampage has a chokehold on and is dominating.

the kill list of the rest of the "mid tier" guilds is quite extensive and impressive on an almost weekly basis. People seem to hardly be able to sleep there is so much to kill on most days.

Not upset or causing ruffles, just would like to be clued into the dynamic of the FAT/BDA vs. Rampage dynamic, because that effects the ripple down on how the rest of us are treated.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Divinity were a big guild? They soon scattered after you accused them of being the first to break the rotation. Who got more applicants from them? You or Taken?
You're so out of the loop. Let me break it down for you the way blue is currently constructed.

Rampage - kills anything and everything

Forsaken/Asgard - official alliance to push Rampage

Taken - next tier, biggest single entity not named Rampage

BDA - tier 2 also, less numbers than Taken

Divinity - relative numbers to BDA or Taken, unique that they're basically the only guild on pure Giant faction. Team up with Rampage for prime time AoW kills

Then you have all the up and comer guilds and 3-4 guilds alliances: Azure Guard, Europa, Anonymous, Omni

Then even below that you have the really tiny guilds that casually do stuff: Clue, Kittens, BH Pirates, IT SeaBass, etc

Point being, Divinity never went away, and they still have plenty of strong players, they just do their own thing. Very calendar focused, not a lot of batphoning, limited number of Windows they watch a week
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

In my final months I don't recall seeing Divinity at a raid spawn..just occasionally as a member in my group or something, glad they didn't fold up completely.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
besides occasional confrontations, can you clue the rest of us into what rampage is actually choking you guys out of on a nightly basis/weekly basis for kills? To the rest of us it looks like there is the absolute top of content that rampage has a chokehold on and is dominating.

the kill list of the rest of the "mid tier" guilds is quite extensive and impressive on an almost weekly basis. People seem to hardly be able to sleep there is so much to kill on most days.

Not upset or causing ruffles, just would like to be clued into the dynamic of the FAT/BDA vs. Rampage dynamic, because that effects the ripple down on how the rest of us are treated.
Rampage's current menu is every NToV dragon, Doze, any ST key dragon, all 3 city leaders, Statue/AoW, revamp CT/draco, maybe revamp Inny (probably not), Sleeper's Warders/Minis, sometimes Tunare, and sometimes Phara Dar. That means to compete for any of those targets you have to be balls to the wall high alert. Forsaken/Asgard had a good chunk of kills this past week but it was the first real chink in Rampages Velious armor. So to get that content you have to dedicate an absurd amount of man hours or have a highly trained raid force and have the proper infrastructure and experience with content, plus you get to play LawyerQuest non stop.

Instead of doing that Divinity opted to go Giant faction. They farm WToV in peace as often as they want with no competition. Taken/BDA opted for VP and some Velious and some Kunark (Taken went HAM on Kunark mobs, not that I'm blaming them for doing so, my guild just didn't have that much interest in the content) and then everyone else is chasing whatever is left.

Rampage was averaging about 30 major kills a week, which I'm sure is now less with ForsakenGard pushing them. Look at some of the Rampage thread bumps, 73 kills for 176 items over two weeks. That's why there's less room for the small guilds, if we (we the tier 2 guilds) want content we have to croot and contest and because there's a finite number of nexkbeards on the server, and because neckbeards like the path of least resistance it's going to be tough to overcome them.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're so out of the loop. Let me break it down for you the way blue is currently constructed.

Rampage - kills anything and everything

Forsaken/Asgard - official alliance to push Rampage

Taken - next tier, biggest single entity not named Rampage

BDA - tier 2 also, less numbers than Taken

Divinity - relative numbers to BDA or Taken, unique that they're basically the only guild on pure Giant faction. Team up with Rampage for prime time AoW kills

Then you have all the up and comer guilds and 3-4 guilds alliances: Azure Guard, Europa, Anonymous, Omni

Then even below that you have the really tiny guilds that casually do stuff: Clue, Kittens, BH Pirates, IT SeaBass, etc

Point being, Divinity never went away, and they still have plenty of strong players, they just do their own thing. Very calendar focused, not a lot of batphoning, limited number of Windows they watch a week

Hey you forgot about Dial a Port!!!

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 11-13-2015, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Also, you can compare that to what other guilds are pulling down weekly. ForsakenGard got like 15 targets or something, Taken got Naggy plus few dracos and 2/6 VP, and we got 4/6 in VP a Talendor and a couple Traks.

The pie got much much bigger in Velious but that just raised the stakes. Guilds will push even harder for that top tier loot.

I think a huge opportunity for an up and coming guild would be Giant Faction WToV farming. I'm sure Divinity would coordinate days with any guild that wanted to do it, they're good folks to work with. HoT is fucking crowded, I'm not sure why some of those smaller guilds haven't embraced that plan, it's a nearly clear path of progression.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:57 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
HoT is fucking crowded, I'm not sure why some of those smaller guilds haven't embraced that plan, it's a nearly clear path of progression.
Yea it was annoying in there to say the least, was pretty stressful with just enough clerics to run the content and training and crap that was going on.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Also, you can compare that to what other guilds are pulling down weekly. ForsakenGard got like 15 targets or something, Taken got Naggy plus few dracos and 2/6 VP, and we got 4/6 in VP a Talendor and a couple Traks.

The pie got much much bigger in Velious but that just raised the stakes. Guilds will push even harder for that top tier loot.

I think a huge opportunity for an up and coming guild would be Giant Faction WToV farming. I'm sure Divinity would coordinate days with any guild that wanted to do it, they're good folks to work with. HoT is fucking crowded, I'm not sure why some of those smaller guilds haven't embraced that plan, it's a nearly clear path of progression.
HoT is basically easy mode to farm most nights of the week when everyone is getting along and the gear for most is much better. If you aren't a guild with 55+ people in the zone it is relatively easy to get what you can/want within the 72 minute repop. We are there 2/3 nights a week and have almost 0 problems.

west nameds are probably next step for most.