Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 02:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edited 63 times in total
lol
Old 10-24-2015, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To get my tailoring to 228 before Velious, it took me over 2 years and 100k+.Then probably another 60 or 80k for the rest of the way to 250. That time and expense is what I would be charging you for. Also, every piece I make is another item on the market to compete selling against, so I want a cut of the profit (usually 25% of current market value). If you're lucky, you'll save quite a bit compared to buying the full item. But I want the cost to sting enough to discourage mass production.
2k for a successful combine I could understand ... Maybe. If it's 2k a click including failures?

Still though, the components are not rare. Hunting suits in WL and only killing the panthers I accidentally aggro, I've got 20 of them and a good stack or more of leaves. On the market you could sell all the components for maybe 3-4k while the final product even considering half failure could run 80-100k based on wiki prices.

The market is already flooded with reagents, it seems more like price fixing. If the reagents are so plentiful that they sell that cheaply, the final product will inevitably plummet.

I'll probably just find a tailor to cut a dea with - give them a bunch of mats for the pieces I want for my monk and then let them keep all the extra mats to sell product on the market.

Long term, the panther armor will end up being really cheap regardless.

I do get a laugh when people port into WL auctioning to buy the mats off me for a rate whereby the sum total for mats is well under 10% the value of the final product.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 10-24-2015 at 03:31 AM..
Old 10-24-2015, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Cecily log on and make me some armor!
Old 10-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go level tailoring to 250 and you will most likely change your perspective. Feel free to bump this thread in several months when you've done so.
This is a great option for anyone who has an issue w/ the prices others charge for their work ^^ If you don't want to pay their fee, do it yourself ^^
Old 10-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a great option for anyone who has an issue w/ the prices others charge for their work ^^ If you don't want to pay their fee, do it yourself ^^
But, but, ... It's so much easier to just whine about it!!!
Old 10-24-2015, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

go spend 1-2 years farming mats and spend over 100k-200k in failure combines which are vendor trash. Maybe then you will think they are reasonable prices, oh BTW friend on mine at 250 failed 7 combines making the black panther boots. Stop thinking tailoring is just like any other trade skill.. go give it a try an see why so many give up and only the masochist gave a shot for so long. for anyone out there wanting to raise tailoring you should honestly wait for Wu's armor which will save you a lot of plat and time.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go level tailoring to 250 and you will most likely change your perspective. Feel free to bump this thread in several months when you've done so.
Better yet have a guildmate do it for free.

Paying someone anything more than a port-style tip for a combine is asinine.

Also, a dude.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Better yet have a guildmate do it for free.

Paying someone anything more than a port-style tip for a combine is asinine.
Pretty much this. Get a friend to do it.

If you want to earn 2k for pressing combine, go farm the fucking materials yourself, make the item and then sell it at market value.

Bitches up in here be crazy.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:08 PM
Orc

On classic retail the yew leafs spawned on the ground as a bright green (very tiny) object you had to pick up off the ground, making it really difficult to find any of them. You could spend 5 hours and only find a couple, what I ended up doing for weeks till I got all mine to get my black pantherskin armor made back in classic retail. But on here they are so readily available the yew leafs. Think that needs to be changed.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

black panther skins? something to declare OP?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread