Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 02:17 PM
Orc

Default low-end 2 handers?

So, back in the saddle again....SOOOOO nice to be challenged in a game again rather than facerolling!

Anyhow, I've rolled up a ranger as I played one back in live with a fair amount of success. I'm all of level 5 (lulz) and working on getting my weapon skills going.

What are the non-twink options for 2 handers (blunt and slash)? I don't have much in the way of money yet as I've only just started (my highest level toon is 8) so I'm stuck using rusty 2 handers and worn great staffs I've looted from skellies.

What are the options available in the not terribly distant future? Anything in particular, or am I screwed until I work up the cash and buy something in the EC tunnel?
Old 09-30-2015, 02:47 PM
Banned

Rangers all want the Woodsmans Staff, but it costs like 5k-10k I think. I dont know much about Rangers. I do know you can get lots of stuff in EC for pretty cheap, so tunnel questing may not be as out of reach as you think.

Silver Swift Blades are all over the server and cost like 100pp, but are 1 hand. I would definitely get 2 of those if possible

Edit: You can probably beg your way to having someone just give you the Silver Swift Blade, or at worst sell for 50pp - This is honestly your best option as Ranger

But there is a simple 3 step formula to success in EQ....

Step one, delete Ranger

Step two, roll Monk

Step three, rule Norrath
Last edited by Spyder73; 09-30-2015 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: Edit
Old 09-30-2015, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Swiftblade

Right there buddy. I've seen people give those away. They are worthless (price value wise)....great starter ranger weapon, and they drop all the time.
Last edited by dafier; 09-30-2015 at 06:37 PM..
Old 09-30-2015, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

I know this is off subject but this weekend, starting Friday night is double XP. This doesn't happen often so if you get a chance, take advantage of all they great xp!
Old 09-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this is off subject but this weekend, starting Friday night is double XP. This doesn't happen often so if you get a chance, take advantage of all they great xp!
The problem is, I have a ton of stuff to do this weekend already planned, AND there's an extra football game on Sunday.

#firstworldproblems
Old 10-01-2015, 05:10 AM
Sarnak

1-20 Silver Swiftblade (75-150 plat)
20-60 Springwood Stave (350-400 plat)

Those are 'low end' 2handers that will seriously boost your output. Remember, you can snare and joust with the stave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]