Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 02:50 PM
Large Rat

Default Noob question

Ahoy!

Figured I'd ask here since my search didn't find an answer.
I just recently started on RED (last Staurday) and was wondering:
- Is there a zone where a lvl1 is safe? I'd like to have a mule to try and trade plat from blue to red to get something better than fine steal weapon but would rather not get ganked upon making the trade.
- I haven't seen one yet but is there a trading hub on red? guess not since OOC seems to be used for that specifically?

thanks in advance!
Old 08-13-2015, 03:47 PM
Kobold

Yeah the trading hub is the NFP bank. I don't think the zone has level 1 protection anymore but that doesn't scare many people. You can go through the door and stand behind the bankers if you want a little protection while trading.
[54 Channeler] Xenk
[59 Luminary] Problem
[31 Monk] Solution
Old 08-13-2015, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

At level 1 nobody is going to touch you in NFP. No yellow text alert or anything among other things.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

I think lvl 1s are safe in all cities, even though system message doesn't say so.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:30 PM
Banned

There IS lvl 1 protection in freeport. You can't attack or be attacked at that level.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

100% sure some level 1 protection exists because I made a level 1 character to kill Popcornx in Felwithe and when you attack nothing happens.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

there is level 1 protection in most, if not all, starting cities.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:02 AM
Orc

Going to piggyback my own personal noob question here, I did not do PvP on live so I have no idea how anything works and the FAQ was more play nice policy than anything else.

PvP related deaths:
- Do you lose experience? What if I am dying to a mob and a player? e.g. Can someone kill me midfight with a mob and I'll lose experience?
- Do you lose plat or items upon PvP related death, is the winner able to loot items off your corpse? I seem to remember that being a thing. Maybe I'm crazy.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:06 AM
Planar Protector

it depends who gets the final blow that finishes you off. if a mob gets the killing blow, then you lose exp just like a normal PVE death on blue. if a player gets the killing blow then you wont lose any exp but they get to loot all coin off your corpse (only coin, no items) - so keep your plat in the bank! also unlike blue, on red if you die to environmental factors you will NOT lose xp - drowning, lava, falling, etc. so those are the best way to go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2015, 03:14 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it depends who gets the final blow that finishes you off. if a mob gets the killing blow, then you lose exp just like a normal PVE death on blue. if a player gets the killing blow then you wont lose any exp but they get to loot all coin off your corpse (only coin, no items) - so keep your plat in the bank! also unlike blue, on red if you die to environmental factors you will NOT lose xp - drowning, lava, falling, etc. so those are the best way to go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for the timely answer!

Honestly the thing dissuading me the most from Red has been the thought of losing items to players, but if it's just cash that's just par for the course.

Perhaps I'll have to start a fresh alt on there for funsies. Are there any classes that aren't recommended for someone new to Red?
"You fucking assholes you banned my account you're worthless pieces of shit, I'm gonna call Daybreak games on the telephone and tell them all about this...this...malarky you nerds are running here, My brother's a lawyer and we're gonna get the law...and...fuckin taxes, I know you're in the bloomin onion business...YOU'RE ALL COMIN DOWN!"
Closed Thread