Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stamina drain on melee, swim

penalties

100 stam cap

research done on it 8]

endurance mechanics 2016
Old 08-11-2015, 06:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So. In the Classic spirit. Besides scroll wheel, what other classic client feature would tick people off as much as spell timers, if it were removed?

H
Sirken mentioned when bringing up your spellbook the entire screen should go black (aside from the spellbook) to simulate classic "bookface" while medding.

Is it possible to simulate having the blind effect on your character but having the spellbook a layer above blind? Could you give the spellbook a huge black background layer?
Old 08-11-2015, 06:51 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Wouldn't the rest of the UI be visible? Thought the book just filled the viewable port space? Or was it all the space? Been so long I can't remember.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Venerate>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr - <Venerate>, Konquest Unrivaled - Barbarian Warrior of Rallos Zek - <Venerate>

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 08-11-2015, 06:52 AM
Fire Giant

Then keep those winows above the blind layer.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The mentality of this post is why players shouldn't (and don't) get a say in anything.
of course they get a say in stuff. They need us as much as we need them. Thats why the server is public. Some of the changes advocated though are just absurd. Spell timers meh ill get used to it in a few days just like the sit to camp and stand to cast even though it was just a stupid change and a waste of dev time but its their time so its whatever.

Saying this is a classic server is just not true. The variance on mobs is not classic. IMO they should be going for the spirit of the game which lived on much further than the trilogy. Devs made the UI changes and such because they were fans of the game and wanted to make it better. Changing it back to be more classic is an insult to the work of the original devs who made this game that we all love. I don't care for the shitting on their work aspect of all of this.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:05 AM
Fire Giant

With Respect Celatus

The server devs DO NOT NEED US. It has been posted before (don't have link handy) Rogen (paraphrasing) said that he does not care how many people are playing this game 5, 10, 100, 1000's. All he care is about creating classic server as possible within the time restriction to him self and the other devs.

WE all like to play here but WE DO NOT get to vote on what we all like or don't like to be changed or left alone, or added. Unless the devs ask in a polL. patch notes are not a poll as i understand it.

or more simply : It is their sandbox we are just allowed to frolic in it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 08-11-2015 at 10:09 AM..
Old 08-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With Respect Celatus

The server devs DO NOT NEED US. It has been posted before (don't have link handy) Rogen (paraphrasing) said that he does not care how many people are playing this game 5, 10, 100, 1000's. All he care is about creating classic server as possible within the time restriction to him self and the other devs.

WE all like to play here but WE DO NOT get to vote on what we all like or don't like to be changed or left alone, or added. Unless the devs ask in a polL. patch notes are not a poll as i understand it.

We need a developer to state "THE VISION" every once and awhile as well.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With Respect Celatus

That's really weird though, since they don't play in their own sandbox. Why would they bother spending time building a sandbox that just sits there, empty? I can't for the life of me believe that they don't care if the server is populated or not. The fact that there are players here enjoying the fruits of their labor is surely what gives meaning to their work, right? I know from my own experience that there is nothing more demoralizing than doing work that is meaningless (eg. creating extensive reports that nobody ever reads etc.).
Old 08-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeoz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's really weird though, since they don't play in their own sandbox. Why would they bother spending time building a sandbox that just sits there, empty? I can't for the life of me believe that they don't care if the server is populated or not. The fact that there are players here enjoying the fruits of their labor is surely what gives meaning to their work, right? I know from my own experience that there is nothing more demoralizing than doing work that is meaningless (eg. creating extensive reports that nobody ever reads etc.).
Once development is complete and a reroll server is released, some devs have expressed the desire to play since they won't have an active roll/bias in creating the content at that point.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeoz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it's weird. They don't get to benefit from their hours of hard work. They're just self-sacrificing that way.

Pras devs. Love em all, even if I don't get my Luclin models and cats on the moon. And timers. And...
Last edited by myriverse; 08-11-2015 at 01:12 PM..
Closed Thread