Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 07:04 PM
Kobold

He was just fired a day ago. Or else his parents slave for him, not our tax $$.... And what Itap said.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you are feeling these things you are not delegating enough responsibility or you are doing it wrong.

Get better CSR's and Managers, the whole point of owning a business is you don't do everything yourself.
Indeed, and I like being an uncommon technical resource in the backline/sustaining engineering space. I actually have much more freedom as an IC than management would. I'm really not here to debate that though, since my personal opinion is that I like what I do, and wouldn't want to run a business. Right, wrong, or indifferent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arthos-Paladin
Old 06-28-2015, 12:53 PM
Banned

If you can get yourself in a position with 0 take home drama and a high salary then do it, but most people will never see that, with the rat race todays society is so many kids are basically forced by their parents to "Do Great" In college so they can get a good job.

But sadly thats not happening at all, salaries in everything are plummeting because the market is flooded by shitbags who dont want to work and have 0 work experience, nothing worse then a piece of parchment paper with a bullshit resume and 0 work experience to an employer.

12 years in IT and every year i saw the market get flooded more and more, more recertifying and general $$ Went down, the only salary that went up was mastery level jobs and even those began to dry up as shitty router operating systems were replaced by smart ones and self configuring switches routers and bridges.

Even the jobs where i made good money i still was never happy and never looked forward to work once, but as a business owner i look forward to every day and get "High" When i make a good rip off something, the only issue im seeing is the "High" Takes more money everytime and when i dont get my high im depressed lol.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can get yourself in a position with 0 take home drama and a high salary then do it, but most people will never see that, with the rat race todays society is so many kids are basically forced by their parents to "Do Great" In college so they can get a good job.

But sadly thats not happening at all, salaries in everything are plummeting because the market is flooded by shitbags who dont want to work and have 0 work experience, nothing worse then a piece of parchment paper with a bullshit resume and 0 work experience to an employer.

12 years in IT and every year i saw the market get flooded more and more, more recertifying and general $$ Went down, the only salary that went up was mastery level jobs and even those began to dry up as shitty router operating systems were replaced by smart ones and self configuring switches routers and bridges.

Even the jobs where i made good money i still was never happy and never looked forward to work once, but as a business owner i look forward to every day and get "High" When i make a good rip off something, the only issue im seeing is the "High" Takes more money everytime and when i dont get my high im depressed lol.
Specialization is a good way to go. Whole books have been written on ACL's alone. I had a friend take a look at a show tech-support log on a stacked Nexus 7k that was killing replication traffic on port 9911, but we were able to iperf across the cifs port just fine. He took a look and told me to ave the customer use their smartnet contract, because ACL's these days are teh debil; They had pages of ACL rules. I'm a storage guy, and get paid well to know disk and tape storage, a well as being a CommVault expert. That's value and a way to get paid well. Hell, doing initial deployments is close to, if not 6-figures plus free travel. There's still gold in them thar hills brother.
Arthos-Paladin
Old 06-28-2015, 02:18 PM
Banned

best storage job i had was backups and restore at AMEX 80k no bonus promotions or raises but pay was great

was a snooze fest tho i have had 8 hour days where i did nothing.

waste of time
Old 06-28-2015, 02:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
best storage job i had was backups and restore at AMEX 80k no bonus promotions or raises but pay was great

was a snooze fest tho i have had 8 hour days where i did nothing.

waste of time
I do backline/sustaining for deduplication/replication boxes, as well as tape libraries (adic/quantum, IBM)
I do CV, TSM, AppAssure, BUE, NetVault, Veeam and VRanger. Those are the most common ones I deal with. I don't see much Arcserve though. iSCSI and FC, as well as SCSI and SAS connected HW. Networking seems to be the issue 90% of the time though.
Arthos-Paladin
Old 06-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygyst [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do backline/sustaining for deduplication/replication boxes, as well as tape libraries (adic/quantum, IBM)
I do CV, TSM, AppAssure, BUE, NetVault, Veeam and VRanger. Those are the most common ones I deal with. I don't see much Arcserve though. iSCSI and FC, as well as SCSI and SAS connected HW. Networking seems to be the issue 90% of the time though.
sir if your hand was in front of me id clap it high!
Old 06-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygyst [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So ur a ranger? Got it.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

FOR THE WATCH!
Old 06-28-2015, 09:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So ur a ranger? Got it.
Wait, someone isn't calling me Syft? Well wonder of fuckin' wonders.
Arthos-Paladin
Closed Thread