Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 11:12 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seems like most of the run speed issues have been resolved. This morning after the restart I am able to outrun some mobs with strafe. They do still seem a little faster than a week ago, but I'm sure people wont have problems running back to camps with mobs hitting them in the back.
There was an issue with mob movement that caused NPCs to have like a stutter step. This caused some of the steps that are at 100 msec intervals to happen 2 or 3 times. This happened on average once every 5-10 secs normally. In other instances more. Fixing the stutter, and some int rounding made the calcs more precise. So other corrections were way over the top. Like +25% to mob speeds. Thats what happened that mobs sucked so bad.

I got everything matched back up. Added better rounding for int conversions. Mob speeds should be maybe 2-5% faster than original. They are much closer to what they should be now. That extra 25% should be gone now too.

H
Old 06-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Orc

It's fixed? I'm not sure whether to cry that I can exp again without hours of LFG, or buy Haynar a present. Perhaps both. I feel a sick day coming on at work!
Old 06-16-2015, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's fixed? I'm not sure whether to cry that I can exp again without hours of LFG, or buy Haynar a present. Perhaps both. I feel a sick day coming on at work!
If we bought staff beers... would that = RMT?
Old 06-16-2015, 11:51 AM
Developer

Should be fixed. Bard songs being short a tic should be fixed. Mobs warping after losing aggro should be fixed. Warp speed from sow should be fixed.

H
Old 06-16-2015, 11:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Swarm kiting in FV, Drolvargs, first time for me. They feel like they are gaining on me but strafing definitely is working like it did before.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we bought staff beers... would that = RMT?
I'd be up for buying beers for the staff. Specially Haynar. Playing a bard on red99 is the most fun I've had since live. When I come home from work I'm excited to play, and I appreciate that the staff makes that possible.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:04 PM
Developer

I don't drink. But thanks tho.

I have been considering adding a donate link in my sig. That way i can get me a newer laptop off ebay. I do a lot of my dev work on a 7 year old c2d laptop. Not a priority until something breaks. So not currently a plan to do anything.

H
Last edited by Haynar; 06-16-2015 at 12:07 PM..
Old 06-16-2015, 12:18 PM
Orc

I will donate to Haynar's new laptop. Pras good sir!

Also the only reason not to drink is if your hands don't reach your mouth, that's why straws were invented.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:19 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the hard work Haynar and staff!
Old 06-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't drink. But thanks tho.

I have been considering adding a donate link in my sig. That way i can get me a newer laptop off ebay. I do a lot of my dev work on a 7 year old c2d laptop. Not a priority until something breaks. So not currently a plan to do anything.

H
Put up a donate sig. I'll donate too. That's a mighty old laptop.
Closed Thread